5.0 out of 5 stars My hesitations based on previous reviews were unnecessary!
Published on December 16, 2010 by bittersweet

2.0 out of 5 stars I didn't realize it's this small until I received it ...
I didn't realize it's this small until I received it! I can barely see the time at a glimpse due to it's too small. According to the specification, the measurement for the base is 17mm, that actually is the outside width. The inner width of the glass area is about 12mm, less than half of the diameter of a quarter (24.26 mm or 0.955 in). Lesson learned: no matter how many...
Published 2 months ago by David

5.0 out of 5 stars My hesitations based on previous reviews were unnecessary!, December 16, 2010
This review is from: Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Leather Strap #EW8282-09P (Watch)
I cannot speak to the long-term reliability and performance of this item because I just received it as a gift for a family member although I've heard nothing but good things about the Citizen Eco-Drive series from others who own one. I'm writing this review just after receiving the watch because previous reviews stated that the band was not brown and I disagree. This band is a beautiful mahogany brown with darker chocolate brown accents. It is exactly what I expected. In addition, the watch started running as soon as I took the lid off of the box to inspect it and it is charging off of a very low wattage desk lamp, which I think will make the recipient very happy since their main complaint was having to replace watch batteries.

The size of this device as depicted in Amazon's images is accurate and the face has a very nice mother of pearl sheen to it. In addition, the hands and hour marks on the watch face are much easier to read than the Amazon images appear and they sparkle in the light, making it easy to see the time at a glance.

5.0 out of 5 stars No battery needed, April 3, 2009
I've had my watch for years and it is still ticking!! I love the idea that it does not require a battery. It seemed like I was always replacing batteries in my other watches. Inevitably I'd put on a watch and it was dead because of the battery. Then it would take me awhile to go get the battery replaced.

4.0 out of 5 stars No batteries!, February 9, 2009
Very tasteful and ecological. Looks like a typical Citizen's watch. I have a narrow wrist so it looks good on it, but the band is long and the first clasp hole makes the strap too loose. The band widens after that, so another cannot be made.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, October 9, 2009
This watch started running the second it saw light and hasn't skipped a beat since. It's very slim and I love the cordovan leather band. All in all, it's perfect. I would buy another eco-drive watch if I needed another. But my guess is this one will last me a long, long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I adore my watch, November 17, 2012
145CES (Gastonia, NC) - See all my reviews
I have owned this watch for three years and have nothing but praise. It has never lost or gained time, but has remained dead on accurate. I have not even needed to replace the band, and I wear it every day. If, God forbid, something happens to this watch, I will quickly return to Amazon and order another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value and very dependable....Great styling as well!, April 22, 2010
You cannot beat the looks and dependability of this great looking watch for the money. My wife bought me one for a birthday present 18 months ago, and I have worn it every single day without changing off. I went and ordered another one cause I like it so much. The original one needs a new strap, and they are rather pricey and I do like the look so I just ordered a spare cause honestly, It's the greatest watch I've ever owned. I have about a dozen watches and this one surpasses them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more trips to the battery store!, February 19, 2013
Nice watch. Finish is a brushed gold tone stainless steel so does not have that cheap look of many imitation gold items. Started working right out of the box. Just normal room light keeps it charged. My wife has about a dozen battery operated watches so it seemed like I was always going to the battery store. Many people do not need a watch these days because they walk around with a cellphone stuck to their ear. We are not those people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Watch, August 19, 2012
I have been wanting a Citizen Eco-Drive watch and when I saw this one on Amazon.com for less than $100 (including shipping), I jumped at it. It has been keeping perfect time since I received it. It is a "plain" watch - no bells and whistles; but that is one of things that I like the best about it. In my opinion, this watch is an excellant bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time for Citizen Watch!, September 15, 2013
This watch is both convenient and durable. Although the tiny instruction slips that comes with it is extensively detailed about all the ability and elements that build up this watch-including the various types within this brand, the watch works rather simple and looks classy. After wearing it for over five years without having to worry about the battery life-spam and water resistance of an ordinary watch, I grow to be satisfied with this product completely.
I received the Citizen Watch as a birthday gift from my father when I was a freshman in high school. That was five years since, and even to this day, the watch remains the only one I wore on all occasion.
Personally, I had quite a phase of obsession with watches throughout my childhood, probably because of obsessive-compulsive disorder where time management mattered in my perfectionist life, but also because I moved around so much in my early years that I started to have a nostalgia and a sense of instability in life; which, caused me to seek for something that will assure me of my memories' existence.
I collected watches that my mom bought but never used, and then bunch of wristbands and bracelets that I received from all occasions-the protest band or even plain rubber band, just because it looks cool. I mean, what can you say? I was only an elementary students attracted by the world of accessories and quite overwhelmed with greed. And I later realized it's a burden to worry about getting them dirty and worn out. Also that my arm became so colorful that it was too conspicuous for me. And so, there came a time in middle school that I gave up on bracelets and bands, put on three different watches on one arm, and adjust them to different time zones. I have to admit, that was quite useless, because I learned to calculate time difference skillfully in my head without having to double check. I suppose it was there mainly for the comfort-and that it looked cool.
So, in those years, I broke watches by accidently dropped them on the ground, jumped into a pool before taking it off, shattered the crystal (the glass surface) while playing basketball, or simply disappeared one day after I took it off for shower. And to further prove their weaknesses, apart from breaking them, they either ran out of batteries, drowned, or the band torn and cannot be fixed.
I've wore many different types of watch in the past. The really modern multifunctional digital kinds, the really feminine and shiny kinds, light weight water proof kinds, and expensive collectable kinds like Hello Kitty, Snoopy, and Disney brands. Whenever they malfunctioned I just didn't bother to repair them. I have other watches waiting in line, and they are expensive for me to risk breaking it, so I just put them back into their fancy cases and say our farewells. None of them lasted more than 3 years. I'm not saying I didn't care for them, but recall that I'm obsessed over it, so I checked my time ever so often, and that I wore them literally twenty-four seven-except when showering. I'm so dependent on watches that I don't ever feel uncomfortable, like so many people that don't wear watches complained, about having something strap onto the arm. But those watches I had are just mere mortals.
So I suppose my father realized my obsession and bought me one for my high school career. And as a father's girl, he always buy the best, the newest, and the most expensive product he can find in downtown. And voilà, I have a new reliable Citizen Watch through high school! At first when I received it though, I must admit, I disliked it very much. It looks mundane, typical gold bezel (rim), and leather brownish mahogany band. How classic can a watch get?! I looked through the instruction slip and learned that it's solar powered, durable, and wonderfully water proof! And I discovered the watch is made in Japan-considering that my father is highly against product made in China these days, but the band, ironically, is from China; however, the price is a fair deal considering how long it lasts.
Once there was an anonymous girl from my high school that came up to me and said her mom had a watch just like mine. I was a bit insulted by having the impression that my super hackneyed watch makes me look super old-style. But then, she didn't say her grandma has it, it's her mom, so I decided to take it as a compliment as I am rather mature. I know that her mom will definitely not have this waterproof solar- powered watch. It's not until I look up on Amazon that I realize there are other types of this brand. If only my dad had a more modern taste.
I was travelling over this summer and the watch band broke. The band actually cracked from the constant clasping, and finally worn out and became loose with both support rings on the band breaking off. But it was after I had it for five years, so it wasn't a surprise. And I had the China band replaced with one made in Italy.
This watch is the only watch I ever care to preserve compares to the others I have tried for a decade. Now watch is quite scratched up on the surface, but of little matter to me as long as it still ticks. The quality of this brand is beyond any other, serving as the perfect brand for anyone who seeks a watch for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Would Market This for Free., July 29, 2013
Choosy Mom (Trinidad & Tobago) - See all my reviews
I'd be truly surprised if anyone were disappointed with this watch. This is and unbelievably classy watch for the price. It feels almost as light as air on your hand and looks thin (from top to base) and pretty. The fact that it is solar powered makes it a must have. This is beauty and top of the line technology. I bought a men's version for my son 5 yrs ago and it has never missed a beat even if its been in a drawer for weeks on a stretch. Both of ours get compliments where they go from people who do not know the solar energy bonus. It has no complexities. It came out of the box and started ticking.
Set it once and that's it!
I find myself wondering why are battery watches still selling.

Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Leather Strap #EW8282-09P