The City of NY vs. Homer Simpson

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 8, 2006 12:11:16 PM PST
E.J. Rupert says:
Does anybody know if this DVD set will show the complete, unedited version of this episode (including the scenes that syndication cut after 9/11)?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2006 7:04:20 PM PST
JS says:
Thank you EJ for asking the same question I'm wondering. I refuse to buy this DVD set if it's edited. Does ANYONE know if it is??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2006 10:28:04 PM PST
Anwar Ali says:
Pretty sure they won't edit those scenes, since i've been getting the unedited versions on my local syndication every time they show that episode. Where do you guys live thats cutting the WTC part? Its a pretty substantial segment of that episode, so i'm curious what they show instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2006 5:27:28 PM PST
JS says:
Well I live in the Milwaukee area...they cut out the whole part when Homer has to go up the tower to use the bathroom. Granted, the last time I saw this episode was probably 3 years ago...I quit watching the reruns because they were edited so much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2006 7:39:06 PM PST
Laurie says:
I live in NY and they don't show the whole episode here anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2006 2:35:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2006 2:37:14 AM PST
I. Hunter says:
No episodes have been cut in the past, and I still frequently see the full episode even now in syndication.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2006 7:01:46 AM PST
E.J. Rupert says:
I live in Milwaukee too; here, they cut out every moment where the Twin Towers are shown (i.e., at home when Lisa shows Homer the magazine ad with the New York bus special - there is a picture of the Towers; that part is cut).

But even if the episode is edited on the DVD, I'll probably still buy it just to add it to my collection.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2006 2:32:01 PM PST
V. Johnson says:
I would think these episodes will not be cut. First, it's not syndication, it's a DVD collection- its not being aired so there is no reason to cut any episodes. Secondly, if anything, these collections have had extra footage all along so cutting anything would seem just a little bit odd.

Posted on May 23, 2011 11:32:51 AM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
Why do they cut out scenes of the WTC from anything? Are we supposed to forget they even existed? I think that shows/movies with the WTC should be shown even more often so people NEVER forget what those coward terrorist took from us! I want to see the old Spider-man trailer again too!

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 11:46:57 AM PDT
S. A. S. L. says:
I just want to know if season 9 of "The Simpson's" DVD set has any special features that have cast interviews, etc. Can someone tell me?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Simpsons S9 Lisa Head [Import anglais]
Simpsons S9 Lisa Head [Import anglais] (DVD)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (145)