Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: City Walks: Paris, Revised Edition: 50 Adventures on Foot
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 28, 2011
I took several cards from the previous offering of 'City Walks' to Paris with me in October. I was very frustrated because if I took a wrong turn, which always happens, it was hard to get back on track. I kept thinking, "This would be so much better if these cards were numbered on each map side to match up with each highlight, or attraction, in bold on the opposite side of each card, so I could refer back and forth between the text on one side and the map on the other side." Guess I wasn't the only one with no sense of direction.

I was thrilled to see the revision issue just barely out for 2011. I'm returning to Paris in April and I will be taking some well chosen cards from my new 'City Walks' with me. It's so, so much better and more current now. Thank you!!
on July 19, 2012
I purchased these cards to supplement my planning for a trip to Paris I will be taking early next year. The thing I like about them is they are a good resource for suggested routes of exploration for different areas in Paris. By using Google Earth Street View with these cards, I'm able to check a route and determine if it would be a good one for the actual trip.

If you plan to use these cards, you might want to consider the pre-planning that I am doing. On one card, it shows a route that apparently goes through building where there is no passage. I thought it was odd that I couldn't see a passage on Google Earth. I checked my Streetwise map and it shows the same building with no passage.

On another card, the route shows to walk a short distance down a street to a chocolate shop, which the map shows is in the first block on the west side of the street. Again, I checked this in Google Earth and I couldn't find the shop in the location indicated on the map. The card says the shop's address number is 89, but the only address I found in that block on that side of the street was 72. Once I turned around and moved down to the next block, there it was at 89, on the opposite side of the street from what is shown on the card's map.

I looked at a third card in the same general area. I found that it directed me along a street that was visited on a previous card and it suggested a store next to a store that was already visited on the previous card. The 3 cards suggest that they can be done sequentially. Why send me down the same street on 2 different occasions to visit stores that are next to each other? I also found, by way of an Internet search, that one of the shops they suggest isn't even there anymore. Not very impressive for a 2012 edition.

Out of 50 cards, I have only checked 3 cards. The odds are not very good for these cards being accurate if I've found errors on the first 3 cards I've checked. For the price, these cards are good for how I'm using them, as a source for ideas. I may or may not actually take them with me when I travel to Paris.
on October 12, 2011
This set of cards is a great accessory to any Paris trip. It has some unique insights to places that the ordinary traveler might miss. However, the index isn't a lot of help in finding things. You really need a Paris map by your side when planning these walks so you can see what part of the city each walk refers to.
on May 13, 2013
Great maps, skimpy narrative and history info.Length of walk is not identified or approx. time. To line up longer walks you must lay out the cards, but due to lack of distance and time it's hard to plan
on April 23, 2011
Shipped promptly in great condition as advertised. Was real glad this newer revision has the numbers on both the back and front of the cards. I will be using these in a couple of months along with the moleskin Paris notebook. Between these cards and the notebook I am hoping these maps will be all I need to get around on a daily basis. What is nice about these cards once you plan your day, you can take only the cards that cover that area with you. We will be a group of 4 adults and another advantage is each walk (card) start and end close to a metro stop so if one or more of us get tired we can find the closet metro stop to get us back to our hotel or a cafe to rest. On some of the cards (haven't read them all) there are recommended sites, cafes and restaurants with some brief history.
on October 31, 2011
These walks are just advertisements. They are trying to get you to eat at certain restaurants or shop in certain stores. There is almost no historical information provided. It was not what I wanted from my Paris walks.
on March 2, 2014
I used this last year on a trip to Paris and liked it so much I bought my own copy. I drew out a card at random and followed its directions to explore a section of Paris with which I was totally unfamiliar.
on December 16, 2013
These cards are great and so anxious to use them when visiting Paris! The are clearly written, you can slip a few into your pocket or purse and your random wandering now has a purpose - what a great idea!!
on July 1, 2014
Love, love, love this desk. My boyfriend and I spent five glorious day in Paris. We rented a little apartment in the 9th and the home owner had this deck in the apartment for the guests to enjoy. Each day when we left the apartment we would grab a few city walks to do. The walks are great because they were short but informative. I like knowing the little secret facts about the city and this deck provides that. These were especially helpful when walking through a part of the city we hadn't seen before. It was a nice introduction to the area. It's like having your own personal tour guide in your back pocket. When we returned home I purchased this as a gift for my boyfriend as a fun memory of our time in Paris and as a promise to return so we can do the walks we didn't have time to get to.
on October 12, 2014
Great help when you travel, it makes the most of you visit. The idea of moving around with updated information of the city and easy to carry ( just cards) is superb. Mainly because Paris is always a beautiful destination and you never seems to know each corner this cards with enough information of different routes are a wonderful opportunity to move alone ( not in a tour). This year they where our gift to my mother and she enjoys them while walking when we invited her with us to Paris, selecting a couple of cards depending where she wants to go.