From the Back Cover
Ace the civil engineering PE exam on the first try!
Civil Engineering PE All-in-One Exam Guide covers all the material included on the Principles and Practice of Civil Engineering (PE-CIVIL) exam, given by the National Council of Examiners in Engineering and Surveying (NCEES). Presented in the Breadth and Depth format of the actual exam, this authoritative volume features equations, diagrams, exam preparation strategies, and practice questions with solutions. Detailed and comprehensive, this book serves as both a complete certification exam guide and an essential on-the-job reference.
Covers all exam topics, including:
- Structural: materials, member design, design criteria
- Geotechnical: soil mechanics, foundations, excavation, seismic issues
- Water resources and environmental: hydraulics, hydrology, water supply and quality, wastewater treatment
- Transportation: capacity analysis, planning, freeways, multilane highways
- Construction: scheduling, estimating, quality control, safety
About the Author
Indranil Goswami, Ph.D., P.E., has developed and taught review courses for Civil Engineering Principles & Practice (P.E.) and Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.) exams since 2001. These courses are delivered in class and online environments. He has received teaching awards from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Maryland Society of Professional Engineers. He currently teaches in the department of civil engineering at Morgan State University, Baltimore, Maryland.