The first Civil Procedure casebook to consistently show how doctrines and rules work in actual legal practice, the Third Edition offers a more global perspective and over 40 thought-provoking practice exercises--in addition to timely cases, a dynamic selection of excerpted materials, and two sample case files in an appendix.
Connecting the study of Civil Procedure to the practice of law, this dynamic casebook provides:
- distinguished authorship by respected and experienced educator-scholars
- exceptionally varied and provocative materials that create both historical and empirical context
- well-written and well-positioned introductions and explanations
- effective and supportive comments and questions
- more than 40 thoughtful practice exercises
- practice exam questions
- two sample case files in the Appendix: two complete case files include transcripts, memoranda, exhibits, motions, and more
- manageable overall length
New to the Third Edition:
- a more global and contemporary perspective
- four new review & practice exercises
- recent Supreme Court cases regarding pleading, summary judgment, notice, and subject matter jurisdiction
- legislative developments involving class action practice
- Coverage of the new e-discovery amendments as well as a new e-discovery exercise
- Revisions that reflect the recent style amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
Civil Procedure: Doctrine, Practice, and Context offers a highly engaging approach that enables your students to see how the rules can have a significant impact on the results in practice.
LOOKING FOR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES TO HELP YOU IN CIVIL PROCEDURE? TRY EXAMPLES & EXPLANATIONS: CIVIL PROCEDURE 6E (9780735570337) AND THE WOLTERS KLUWER BOUVIER LAW DICTIONARY: 2011 STUDENT EDITION (9780735568525) --TWO OF MANY GREAT STUDY GUIDES FROM WOLTERS KLUWER LAW & BUSINESS.