5.0 out of 5 stars simple and effective
basically it has only one large zipper- which I love, and the expanding function is very useful when it gets a little overloaded. The small zipper in front is great for pocket stuff when Im riding my bike around too. Great quality backpack, don't think I will be getting a new one any time soon.
Published on November 30, 2012 by Marshal Uhls

Published 8 months ago by Michael Hanuschik

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and effective, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Mono Civilian Series Expander Pack Backpack (Black) (Personal Computers)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality product- will disintegrate after only a few months of light use, April 13, 2014
I purchased this pack because I was very pleased with the quality of the Mono guitar case I own. This pack is a nowhere near the same quality. The waterproof material delaminated from the pack after only 4 months of use leaving me with a completely useless product. For the price this should last for several years. THIS IS A COMPLETE RIPOFF!!!!! Mono get your act together. Your brand is severely harmed by this kind of shoddy craftsmanship. How did this ever get out the door? You should be ashamed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, November 19, 2013
This backpack is not worth the money. I owned it for a few months and it has already ripped open on the top. It is made of thin poor quality fabric and the stitching is poorly constructed. I feel like it's the same as anything I can find at walmart for about $20....

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be the best backpak on the market, but cheap material makes it useless, July 16, 2014
B. Wells (Silver Spring, Maryland USA) - See all my reviews
I really love this back back design - it is cool, thin, and hip...the pockets are appropriate. It seemed to answer everything I was looking for in a laptop backpack. Now the problem: After 5 months of light use the material they use for about a third of the outside of the pack is extremely cheap and tears at the seams - I was amazingly shocked that this happened...the pack was absolutely usless after that. I really liked the pack though and figured this was a good company that must have received a huge amount of complaints on the pack - and that possibly - they had corrected their major flaw with this product. I contacted the company and sent detailed pictures of the problem material and was told I must have received a defective item and they would replace it at no cost. I received a new backpack withing about 2 months and it was the exact same as the flawed one...I have now used this one for about 5 months and the exact same problem has happened with the cheap material they use.

I really wish they would make this same pack and use good, durable material - it would be the best laptop backpack on the market. Unfortuantely the mono case company is not correcting their flaw here and it is really a useless, expensive item that you will be dissapointed with.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Designed, but Poor Execution, August 21, 2014
In terms of design, this is one of the best if not the best everyday laptop backpack on the market. The pocket is nice and cushy, I don't have to worry about getting stuck in the rain, it's extremely compact, but expands when I need it to, the key ring on a string really comes in handy,... it's fantastic in every way except for one. It's poorly made. Most of the material is just fine, but the fabric on the center section isn't stitched well and delaminates after a few months of use rendering the backpack useless. The only upside is that they have a 3 year warranty and Mono's customer service is excellent. So far I'm on my third backpack and the other two have been quickly replaced with no hassle. Hopefully their workmanship and materials improve as I would love to keep using this backpack for years to come. It's strange considering the quality of their guitar bags is fantastic.

If you're looking for the perfect pack to carry around the city, this is everything your looking for and more.... until if falls apart.

This could have been the perfect backpack. Beautifully design, but poor execution. If the most recent bag they sent me has a different fate than the other two, I'll up my rating to 5 stars in a heartbeat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, August 7, 2014
TERRIBLE QUALITY FOR THE PRICE. Material falls apart quickly. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY for look. Buy any other brand!

1.0 out of 5 stars It ripped after 4 months of very light use!, August 23, 2013
I bought this backpack as a gift for someone to carry a small MacBook in. After only a few months of indoor use, the backpack started tearing at the top (the vinyl-type material on the front of the bag) and now is completely torn in that area. The product I got is either faulty or it is falsely advertised as a product of high durability and weather resistance. Would get a refund if possible and not a replacement backpack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for pack for around town and on a plane, May 19, 2013
Wanted a more mobile (thinner) pack to haul around a small computer and accesories with room for a sweatshirt or jacket etc. The trick is this back pack expands when room is needed in the main compartment and when extra space is not needed it hangs closer to your back. It also is constructed of durable materials and very water resistant.

Mono Civilian Series Expander Pack Backpack (Black)
$175.00 $129.99