5.0 out of 5 stars Great for European Travel with iPhone
Published on June 7, 2009 by Philip Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Plug, Don't Buy!
Published on November 19, 2010 by R. Roobenbabakhanian

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for European Travel with iPhone, June 7, 2009
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
I used this project in conjunction with my iPhone charger whilst on a trip to Europe. Most, if not all, of the iPod and iPhone chargers are compatible with a wide variety of power voltages and hertz of power, meaning that only a plug converter is needed to use them in Europe. This plug converter worked well, was durable, and ultimately functioned without a problem. If you are going to Europe with an iPod or iPhone, save money and buy this plug converter instead of the Apple World Adapter Kit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous Plug, Don't Buy!, November 19, 2010
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
This item is of the lowest quality. This is what happened at the very first time I used it: after plugging it in the socket, when I wanted to plug it out the only part that came off was the plastic part and the 2 metal contacts stayed in the socket. This can be very very dangerous, even lethal in European countries that have 220 volts of electricity potential. I had to use other instruments to take the contacts out of the socket holes. Worst purchase ever from Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars cannot use for hair dryers or straighteners, June 22, 2005
I bought this because I am studying abroad in Italy. However, when I received it, I realized you cannot use this for blow dryers or hair straighteners. On the plug adapter, the holes where the American prongs would go in are the same size, and if you look at your hair dryer, one of the prongs are wider than the other. Therefore, the prongs will NOT fit into this plug adapter, rendering it useless. Also keep in mind that you can only use this plug adapter if your device has dual voltage.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked great in germany, December 11, 2009
A. Boyer (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
This adapter worked great in Germany to charge my Canon camera battery (the charger accepts European voltage without a converter, as do most small electronics). I wish it was a little longer since Euro wall jacks are recessed, but it never got stuck. Best to connect the US plug to the adapter before putting it in the Euro wall jack.

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS PRODUCT - DO NOT BUY!, December 9, 2010
R. Emplit (Glen Mills, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
I bought two of these before a recent trip. The first one came apart in the 230 V outlet the first time I tried to use it leaving large, exposed, live metal parts and no easy way to unplug it without getting shocked. It was too inexpensive to make it worth the trouble to return. The second one seems OK but I strongly recommend you make another selection!

1.0 out of 5 stars I think the vendor should modify the picture of the product, November 29, 2010
Truth Tell (Ann Arbor, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
You receive only one adapter instead of two. (Two are shown in the picture and only one is delivered, I think the seller is not honest here!) The Adapter was received slightly out of shape. (plugs are not straight. very disappointed!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
On my last trip to Europe I left behind my adapter plug so turned to amazon to get a new one. While I had the last one for years and used it in every country, the new one I purchased didn't even fit into the outlet! One of the prongs also loosened! I would not recommend this plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is must have when travelling over seas, January 22, 2009
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
in europe there are different outlets so It is must have when travelling over seas. I have tried a few different kits, but a simple plug this with an 100-240 power adapter is perfect

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Sturdy, May 11, 2011
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
We purchased a bunch of these and then decided that we didn't like them. They don't seem to fit into outlets very well. I would recommend that you use VCT - PLUG ADAPTER - CONVERTS GROUNDED USA PLUGS TO EUROPE PLUG-GERMAN SHUCKO PLUG (VP 11W). They are more expensive, but much better built and allow for a grounded plug. Even if your plug isn't grounded it provides a much better fit into the outlet and you don't have to worry about it falling out.

1.0 out of 5 stars They do not fit standard German electrical outlets, August 17, 2012
This review is from: Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter (Electronics)
I travel to Germany all of the time. I bought these adapters and just threw them in my computer bag. When I got to Germany, I noticed they had a strange flange on the side. They don't look like the items pictured and they did not fit into the German sockets, which means they probably won't work in most countries in the EU. Being on a business trip in Europe is the wrong time to figure out these won't work. Not recommended.

I didn't bother to return because they were cheap and not worth the effort, so I can not comment on whether the supplier would have accepted a return.

Ckitze EU USA to Europe Power Plug Adapter