- Brand Name: AT&T
- Multiline Operation: multi-line_operation
At&t Cl84209 Corded/dual Cordless Dect 6.0 Phone Digital Answering System
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
1. The lack of a message light is NOT compensated for by optional 10 second apart beeps. I often decide if I will answer from another room at night, and therefore do not want the base beeping if I decide not to answer. The only indication is a rather dim LCD flashing number (small) on the extreme left of the display.
2. The display is horribly used on the base. The word BASE takes up the entire first line, the second line is blank, and the third line has the message counter, time, and date....and they are small. You cannot change contrast settings for the display (it is too dark when the backlight is off.
3. The speakerphone appears to me to be a problem. The ClearSpeak technology (an automatic gain function)often cuts off the first part of speech after a pause. This is annoying...they needed to set the delay to cut off twice as long.
4. The bright orange backlights stay on as long as you are talking. This is another irritation, since the brightness of this on the base gets old very quickly under regular light (the display is lit from above as well as behind).
5. I have another phone that does not require batteries to run with power off...even for the corded handset, they suggest installing batteries for power failure backup.
Now, I should mention that my phone needs are simple: I don't have call waiting, caller ID, or a special voicemail service so I can't speak to the merits of those features, but for someone who simply uses the phone for basic calls and basic answering machine features, I already like how it sounds and programs out of the box.
Pro's so far for my simple tastes:
- Buttons easy to press and see
- Can do most of the same setup on the satellite phones as you can on the base which is nice if you're sitting down and need to make some feature changes without the base in front of you.
- Directory info logged into one place transfers to the other phones in the system.
- Satellite phones aren't super heavy, but they don't feel chintzy either.
- It's nice having the corded handset on the base in addition to the satellite phones because if you're like me and forget where you put your satellite phones, you always know you can still rush to the base to retrieve an incoming call.
- You can set the phone to answer after 6 rings. My old systems answered after 4 rings, and I always felt this was not enough time.
Con's so far:
- There is no obvious "messages waiting" light indicator! When I get home from work, I'm used to looking all the way across the room to see if I have a flashing light, but now you have to go RIGHT UP to the base to look at the readout and see the blinking "messages waiting" indicator.Read more ›
AT&T DECT 6.0 Black/Silver Digital Corded/Cordless Answering System (CL84109)Features are fairly intuitive. There are 50 CID numbers and 50 directory numbers. The amber screen is easy to read with out reading glasses for us folks who need them.
In summary, Range with clarity were our greatest needs. These phones using DECT 6.0 technology in these areas performed much better than the AT&T 5.8 ghZ.
For some reason the answering machine can only be set from the handsets. The instructions are not intuitive.
Sound quality is fine, and it's an improvement over my old one, but wish I purchased another brand.
I have only had this phone 8 hours so I have no opinions on the phone itself. I will follow up if anything changes.
Needless to say, AT&T never called me. I called, got a supervisor, mentioned the two tickets (one for the incorrect info on the web site, one for my purchasing the wrong phone based on the website), and was politely told (in effect) "Return the phone to where you bought it at your expense. We will sell you another phone for more than you could buy it elsewhere. Take it or leave it."
What I like:
Battery life is good.
Backlit displays on base and remotes are perfect.
Sound is good.
Base is wired, so I can use it with my external Plantronics headset.
What I don't like:
Lack of speed dial. The directory dial from the menu system is confusing and requires numerous button clicks.
Phone requires a lot of time with the manual to figure out features.
The numbers in the directory are not displayed in alphabetical order. It appears more related to the order in which I entered them.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this phone for my own home use and when monthly rates became ridiculously high, I gave the phone to my 90+ neighbor so she could have phones upstairs and down and have... Read morePublished 27 days ago by Maria Plese
It works very nice. Simple to program. I like the design. Good liftime for the battery. I have 3 units linked now.Published on December 6, 2013 by sebastian
I have this phone system in my and LOVE it, especially because you can add extensions, I've had mine for 5 years now. Read morePublished on November 14, 2013 by Sassy Graham
Love this phone, easy to see the numbers, easy to use and really love having the two cordless phones for other parts of the house. Would recommend to a friend.Published on November 1, 2013 by Retired*Lynn
This phone set lacks clarity both to speaker and listener. In order to hear most of the time I have to use speaker.Published on June 8, 2013 by Fred Martin
This was a great find and I really liked how easy it was to put my directory together. I can either hang it up on the wall, or put it on the desk. Read morePublished on May 22, 2013 by Tweeters
they were easy to set up,like other reviewers you have to get used to the beeping to notify you of messages,but that was not really a problem,the phones are not too light and... Read morePublished on April 28, 2013 by adbham
Works great very satisfied with this phone, received it when was suppose too and works a lot better to the other phne I hadPublished on February 6, 2013 by JAT