Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

Format: HardcoverChange

on March 14, 2007
I bought it as a gift for my 5 year old cousin, not knowing much about it and was immediately impressed with the beautiful illustrations. It may be a little too old for her but I know she'll grow into it. It has a sweet message, too: a little girl asks her dad what makes people happy, then she goes to sleep and dreams that she and her unicorn fly around and ask all sorts of fairy tale creatures the same question. She comes to the realization that different things make different people happy, which is a good message to send to kids at a young age. I'm very happy I bought this book and I know my cousin will like it. I also bought her the matching unicorn doll by Yottoy which is a very high quality doll that will make the story come to life even more for her. The two together make a great gift!
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2008
My three year old daughter has to have similar items to her big sister, who is obsessed with unicorns. I had purchased The Midnight Unicorn for my eldest daughter last Christmas, and picked Claire and the Unicorn for my youngest.

The illustrations are whimsical, with lots of fun little subjects your young child will enjoy finding on the pages.

The story is a sweet tale of a little girl who goes on a magical adventure with her stuffed unicorn, and my daughter really enjoys it.
on May 19, 2011
My daughter is 3.5 and obsessed with all things princess, which we have very mixed feelings about. This book delivers such a nice message which I hope will stick with my daughter after reading it over and over and over. (message is basically we each define our own happiness) And I love how its her dad reading her stories, discussing fairy tale endings, etc. instead of the mom.
on July 10, 2011
Purchased for her fourth birthday. She decided that the birthday theme was to be rainbows and unicorns so this book was perfect and the illustrations were beautiful. Great story for an active imagination.
on April 6, 2012
This book was purchased as a baby shower gift. My son and daughter in law knew they were having a baby girl and named her Claire. I loved the story and that the dad was reading the book to the little girl. It was a perfect gift for my son and I look forward to reading it to our little Claire!
on January 1, 2012
My name is Claire, and I am obsessed with unicorns, so my little brother bought this for me for Christmas! It's a great book with gorgeous illustrations! Go Capricorn! :P
on April 26, 2008
This book was purchased as a 4th birthday present for my great granddaughter, Claire. The pictures are beautiful and the story refers to fairytale people that most young children will recognize. A sweet touch is that it is Claire's daddy who reads books to her, as many young fathers do. We love the book!
on April 14, 2011
My five-year-old daughter, a unicorn fan, got this for Christmas and absolutely loves it. The story is about Claire and her unicorn, Capricorn, and their quest to find out what makes one "happy ever after." It has a really nice message about diversity - different things make different people happy - that we have enjoyed time and time again.
on January 2, 2015
Although the storyline in this book was very predictable, that was perfectly fine with me and my granddaughter. She wants and needs happy endings, and this book combines that with lovely, whispy, magical illustrations
on December 28, 2014
Very cute story. Adult theme but handled in a child-like way. Just think about this question: What one thing would make you happy for the rest of your life?