5.0 out of 5 stars Good-Bye Loving Care

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed only 1 bottle in package
Published on December 1, 2011 by D. Cunning

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good-Bye Loving Care, June 18, 2011
This review is from: Clairol Loving Care Hair Color Crème Lotion 78 Medium Golden Brown, 1 box (Health and Beauty)
We are buying Loving Care through Amazon because most stores in our area have sold out of their product. It seems that Clairol has seen fit to discontinue this product. My wife was a cosmotologist early in her career, bur was forced to give up the profession due to allergies to hair dyes. The only product that she has been able to use has been Loving Care. Attempts to use other products have been unsuccessful. Unfortuately Clairol has not considered people with allergies when they decided to discontinue the Loving Care product line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, no nonsense hair color, April 16, 2011
I have been using Clairol Loving Care hair color for 52 years. I began with a light auburn which I used for about ten years. Then I switched to a medium dark brown and then more recently to a medium golden brown: Clairol Loving Care Natural Instincts #78 Medium Golden Brown. The main reasons I like this product are 1) it is simple to use, 2) it has no peroxide, and 3) it has no ammonia. These last two chemicals I feel are harmful to your hair over a long period of time. I have always been satisfied with the results, and feel badly now that no store in my area carries this product. All the other brands and hair color variations are more complicated to use and have many more chemicals. I do wish Clairol would not discontinue this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clairol Loving Care Non Permanent 16 rinse Hair Color #78, 3 oz. bottle, April 12, 2011
Cat (Wallingford, CT) - See all my reviews
I'm very allergic to all permanent haircolor and this is the only brand that I know of in existence that works on me. The price is also very affordable and not outrageous. The color is perfect for me- I used to have naturally black hair which has now turned mostly gray. I tried using darker colors but my hair turned rainbow color when the haircolor started fading out! This shade (#78) is perfect- gives my hair "highlights" of light brown to golden brown as it starts to fade. People had made comment on it and women had asked me what shade I use. Unfortunately I was told by Clairol that they discontinued making this particular type and shade of haircolor. I was so happy when this showed up at Amazon- even if it was in a much inflated price. I would not have bought it if Amazon did not offer an excellent credit if I open a credit card account with them. I ordered as many as I can; the items came in good condition: no leaks, containers were not damaged nor dented. The shipment arrived on time. I hope I will be able to purchase more at the same affordable price in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed only 1 bottle in package, December 1, 2011
Just received my Loving Care hair color...medium golden brown...and very disappointed when the order arrived that there was only one bottle of hair color in the package. I paid the same price last year for this product and received 3 bottles in the same package. I guess since it is scarce they are uping the price and only giving you one bottle. I'll continue to purchase it only because it is the only place you can get this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome hair color, come back!, March 21, 2013
Due to sensitive EYES, CLAIROL LOVING CREAM LOTION is truley the..... best best best! I have never had any problems, other then I use to pay around $8.00. Sad to say it's over $50.00 now! Not sure what I will do next, maybe we should all call CLAIROL.!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good., February 22, 2013
I am allergic to peroxyde so I have to look for a product like Loving Care. It is easy to use and good for my hair. The color is great.
I am very disapointed with the fact that this product is not in sale anymore in Canada.

5.0 out of 5 stars hard to find, November 23, 2011
noclaimtofame (MI United States) - See all my reviews
This particular product has become very hard to find in the stores. I was thrilled to find it here. It is one of the few hair coloring products that doesn't cause scalp itching (allergic reaction?) for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!!, October 25, 2011
I am allergic to hair colour, and this is the only product that works!! I remember Loving Care from commercials from when I was younger....funny how that is!!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY happy with this vendor!, May 10, 2011
The product was what I expected. Actually was sent a 2nd order (different material, same vendor) and the vendor was quick and helpful in getting it returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Toooooooo Expensive when you can Buy Clairol Beautiful Collection Honey Brown, April 21, 2013
I don't know how these sellers get away with this.... selling these hair colors that were discontinued 3 years ago by Clairol for $46 a bottle! They must be spoiled by now anyway just hanging around for three years in some warehouse or storage unit!

Clairol has a professional Semi permanent Hair Color that is available at many Beauty Supply stores called the Beautiful Collection. It comes in 3oz bottles just like The Loving Care did and it comes in array of colors. The Honey Brown is exactly the same color as the Medium Golden Brown #78. It lasts about 6 to 12 shampoos just like the Loving Care semi permanent color. Since it is a professional product not too many women are aware of it. It has no ammonia and no peroxide just like Clairol Loving Care.

Do yourselves a favor and save your money. The Beautiful Collection colors are often on sale at Sally's and other beauty supply stores for $4.99 to $5.99 a bottle! :))

EDIT: Stay away from the Clairol Beautiful Collection it leaves a waxy, sticky residue in my hair. It is awful! It is damaging to the hair to just comb through it. The waxiness lasts even after several shampoos, at which time all the color is gone anyway. It makes the hair look dirty and separated. It looks horrible.

I was told about this product that is just like Clairol Loving Care [...] I read the reviews and the women are raving about it.Unfortunately, out of desperation, before I found out about it I paid over $1500 for two years worth of Loving Care from a seller on ebay :(( Now I am stuck with 96 bottles of 3 year old hair color! :( I wish I had known!

I found it here for 5.99 a bottle. it's bigger then Clairol's was too!

[...]