Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color Shine Happy 00 Clear Shine Treatment 1 Kit (Pack of 3)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 21, 2009
I've started dying my hair brown after being a very light blonde for a couple of years. So my brown washes out and starts looking really dull and rather light after a couple of weeks. I was browsing through the hair color isle one day at WalMart and saw this. I thought that maybe this could add some life to my hair to at least make the washed out color bearable. Ugh, was I wrong!

I opened the box and was honestly a little surprised how it was set up just like hair dye, for some reason I imagined it to be more like a shampoo or something. I mixed up the clear color with the developer and put it on my hair. During the 10 minutes it had to sit I went and googled the product to see if anyone had left it on shorter or longer for better results. What actually came up was stories about how there is hydrogen peroxide in this product! At this point my 10 minutes was almost up and I went and washed it out right away.

I blow dried my hair and it was noticeably lighter. It had turned from a darker light brown to a medium to dark golden blonde. I was kind of upset. It did make my hair appear fuller and a little healthier looking right after. The next day it didn't look as good and after the next shampooing it looked like I'd done nothing but maybe highlight my hair. In fact the next day someone at work asked me if I had highlighted it.

I wouldn't use this product again. Although I should have read the list of ingredients it would be helpful for Clairol to include the fact that this could lighten your hair on the box somewhere and not just on the enclosed directions.
on November 27, 2011
I searched for the shine happy product since store quit stocking it. Know why? Because it makes my hair so silky and gorgeous. The one added benefit is that it also lightens the hair slightly so my dirty blonde hair looks lovely and blonde without hair color products. You want to use this product. It is amazing.
on April 23, 2015
Used this product for at least six years. I have gray hair and get nothing but compliments about my beautiful hair. It is so easy to use and I love the conditioner that I use once a week until the next Shine treatment.
on May 26, 2015
I was so excited that I could buy this on Amazon since it is no longer found in stores. I have brown hair so any changing of color is not obvious. It is easy to use and I always have shiny hair for weeks. I fell in love with this product years ago and I am still very happy with it!
on November 17, 2015
I had been searching for this product for the past few years after randomly finding a box on the self of my local Huge box store (you know the one!). Of course, after I found it and loved it, I could no longer find it at any store in my area. NOW after recently becoming an Amazon Addict, I looked for my Shine Happy and, sure enough, I found several sellers offering my long-sought-after product! This product is AMAZING!! It seals the hair shaft with super shine which lasts for several weeks. No greasy/oily hair (which looks nice for a few hours but attracts dirt and junk onto my hair - yuck!). Just healthy looking shiny hair like I used to have as a child, and before I started the never-ending cycle of coloring.

Be aware, however, that this product does contain chemicals similar to permanent hair color (namely hydrogen peroxide). I'm not sure why it is needed, but don't question much since it works so very well. Just be aware and do NOT use this for at least a couple weeks after coloring or perming your hair. It is likely not a good thing. Being. Quality Professional, I tend to read and follow directions and cautions more closely than many so I cannot tell you what might happen if you do use it too soon after another chemical procedure - but I do not suggest it.

Other than that caution, I highly rev omen this product! The process only takes a very few minutes. You apply it to unwashed dry hair (just like color, except no worry for roots). They provide an additional conditioner for weekly treatments between sessions. I get so many compliments about my hair! Not only that my hair looks good, but I'm told how much healthier and vibrant I LOOK myself! You can't go wrong! I got the three pack which will last until at least the summer!
on January 23, 2009
I have course, curly hair that has a mind of it's own. I am in and out of chlorinated swimming pool water daily and have been searching for something to replenish the moisture and sheer shine lsot due to the harsh conditions: I'm from a cold climate, spend time swimming daily, and wash my hair at least two to three times a day. This product is wonderful. I use it twice monthly, however most needonly one application. My hair is now managable and I'm getting complements on the radiance and shine. I'm so happy.
on April 19, 2016
This is simply the best product I have found for it's purpose. I actually like to use some chemical treatments to help keep my over production of oils under control and with this product I don't have to 'color' my hair for the benefits. This does an amazing job for this purpose for nearly 5 to 6 weeks and then my oil production only increases gradually from there. It also bleaches my hair *ever so slightly* and looks very natural like sun lightening! I highly recommend it!
on May 2, 2016
It gives a nice, healthy shine. I have naturally blonde hair that is somewhere between medium and dark. If medium was an eight and dark was a seven I'm about a 7.5, and after using this my hair lightens to about eight. So I'd definitely agree with the reviews that say this lightens a little bit, but it isn't damaging- at least not for me.
on November 23, 2015
Have been using this product for several years and am still completely satisfied. I used to color my hair every few months because I liked the softness & shine that color gave it. I decided to let my natural color grow out but I missed the silkiness & shine that I got from coloring. Enter Shine Happy! It's gives the same shiny & silky feel without actually altering your natural hair color.
on September 12, 2015
This product smells very nice, it was also very quick and easy to apply. However, it did lighten my hair a little bit and accentuated my natural sun highlights, which was fine for me, may not be fine for others. I'm really not sure if this product added shine to my hair and because of that I will not buy it again for shine, maybe I'd buy it again to lighten my hair subtly for the summer.