4.0 out of 5 stars Best drug store brand
Published on November 11, 2011 by Lady Kah-Kah

3.0 out of 5 stars price changes very often
It works asexpected but the price changes from one day to another. Track the price and if you feel it's right , then make a big order.
Published 13 months ago by Mariano Lozano

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Best drug store brand, November 11, 2011
Lady Kah-Kah "the defendant" (At the Mountains of Madness) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clairol Nice 'N Easy Born Blonde Hair Color, Maxi 1 Kit (Pack of 3) (Health and Beauty)
This will definitely lighten your hair drastically. I used it to go from black to white/blonde hair. My only complaint is that the packaging is very misleading. This product WILL NOT turn dark hair blonde in one application. There exists no product that is capable of doing that. A bleach strong enough to do that to your hair would most likely cause you hair to fall out. Going from dark brown/black to platinum blonde is a slow process. You will need to bleach your hair multiple times over the coarse of several months. You're going to be stuck with orange or bright yellow hair for awhile, so buy some cute hats! If you've ever colored your hair a darker color (dyed it black or dark brown) then it will take even longer for the color to lift. You might have to beach your hair 3 or 4 times before even you start to get close the platinum-blonde color your going for. Also, the color of the lady's hair in the picture on the box does not reflect the actual results of bleaching your hair. After you bleach your hair will it be orange or yellow, so you'll need to use a blonde toner on your hair. This lightening kit does not come with a toner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Whitish/blonde Hair Color, August 27, 2010
Finally!!! I've been looking for a do-it-yourself hair color that is the right color of blonde forever. I've tried I think every other brand, then I tried Clairol. I knew Clairol made good hair color products, but Nice n' Easy? Could finding the right color blonde truly be easy?

Well, yes, it is w/ Nice n' Easy Born Blonde Maxi. Most hair home hair color systems leave you with a orangish/blonde. Take a look at the original Nice n' Easy Borne Blonde. On the box her color is like an orangish Blonde. Now take a look at the hair clolor on the Nice n' Easy Borne Blonde Maxi--her hair color is more of the white blonde. They are able to get that whitish/blonde because the powder is blue. If you want whitish hair, then you want a blue powder. Ultra also is blue, but it only has 1 thing of blue powder, while Maxi has 2 things.

So, if you want saloon looking whitish/blonde hair, use this product. It really is that easy. BTW, now I just do my roots, and it always comes out looking great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Here's what you need to know, May 21, 2014
MSee "Max Smart" (Newport Beach, Ca) - See all my reviews
This will help most of you out there- here is what you need to know:
This is a good product to use to achieve lightening of dark hair. I have been highlighting and bleaching most of my life. But there are simple rules you must know if your going to attempt this process at home. First off, I use this for highlighting, I would never bleach my whole head without going to a salon. Because; there is such a high chance that the hair will develop in different color stages throughout the process due to prior damage (ie: if you have colored before, and ends are more porous). And therefore, leave you with very light hair some places, and orange hair in other places. So please use this with caution.
First off, figure out what "level" color your natural hair is. (If you have colored hair anywhere-then figure out what current level that hair is also.) Ex: dark black is a level 1, with platinum blonde being a level 10. Keep in mind, trying to go more than 4 levels will usually require a double process-this means lightening twice. Also- get a toner (from Sally's Beauty Supply). Wella Color Charm is what I use, & very popular. (Toner should be used with a 10vol. Developer). And toner will only work once hair is NO LONGER orange! Must be a pale yellow to white blonde for toner to do anything. Toner is just that-used to change ONLY the "tone" of the color achieved. If you just couldn't get past the orange-bright yellow color using Born Blonde, then get Wella Color Charm dye. 12A Frosty Ash is a good one. Use 20 or 30 developer with the dye! (This will slightly change the color for you, (lighter) because you are using a higher vol developer, but keep in mind, the higher vol developer, the more potential damage to hair- this is the rule). And this would be a "double process". You could use any boxed dye in place of 12A, but I find that boxes don't often tell you what vol the developer is inside. Always do roots last, as they will develop faster do to heat from your scalp, always do ends last as well, (if hair is damaged even somewhat from previous coloring)- the ends would be more porous, & absorb color quicker than the other part of the hair. Your goal is to have the whole strand one color, and for that color not to be orange, canary yellow, or terribly damaged. I've been there, and yes, even happened at a salon years ago- So I did my research and learned that hair must go through stages of color, those being brown-red, red, orangey-red, orange, orangey-yellow, canary yellow, pale yellow, banana yellow, blond w/yellow undertones, then blonde. All hair has undertones, and must pass through these stages. If you watch when you color with Born Blonde, you will see it go thru these colors, don't worry. You WILL need either toner or dye WITH developer if your going to use this box, (unless your already blonde). So have it before you begin. After you rinse out Born Blonde, then towel dry, & apply the toner OR dye to damp hair. Keep an eye on the color developing, then rinse, & condition well. (Keep in mind-when using this stuff, color of hair will look a bit darker because it's wet, & will be even more bright after rinsed & dried. -It's still really hard for me to tell color when wet, I have to take some off a strand to see actual color, then I reference a bit lighter than what I actually see). It's not an easy job lightening at home, & I recommend a salon, but if you do your research, know your "level", have patience, realistic expectations, & the proper equipment to work with, then you can do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best way to go platinum. Hands down., January 9, 2015
Literally the best bleach i have ever used! One application on my dark blonde hair and I was ready for toning to white. I have used manic panic before and had to bleach 3 times with 40 vol to get it to the stage that this does in one application! My hair is still in awesome condition and love it! I will never use another kind! I use the Ultra Blue formula on my root regrowth and it works great too! Love it! I can imagine if you have dark hair you may have to use it twice, but it rocks! Make sure you leave it on the full time too! It may look like you have white hair after about 45 min but when you rinse it out it will still be yellow! I typically rinse a strand out to see my color before I rinse my whole head because it can be misleading since it turns purple!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle on hair, June 3, 2012
Indji Said (Alexandria, Egypt) - See all my reviews
It is gentle on hair but doesn't give u the blond color on the box cover . It is pumpkin orange after 30 min . I was afraid to leave it more on my hair .

4.0 out of 5 stars More or less the best you can get, if you know what you are doing, March 25, 2014
This is a double-powder blue bleach formula with a high lift developer. If you have colored black hair and think that one application of this over roots to ends will lift you to a platinum blonde, you are incredibly mislead. There exists no product that does the aforementioned act. None. Even the best of the best salons would not be able to perform this feat in one sitting. It takes months of toning, conditioning, coloring, and patience to get a healthy and toned platinum or ash effect from dark brown or black.

My natural hair is a very, very dark brown with natural red tones. I use this, from time to time, when I'm out of bleach or can't justify a trip to the salon. The application bottle actually is helpful in the first round of lightening- it's easier to apply than using a bowl and brush if you are relying on your own two hands and a hand mirror. After lightening my roots, I use a high-lift ash blonde and then, every other time, I use an ash blonde lavender toner. THAT, is how you achieve a true platinum effect from dark brown/black.

Best of luck to all other bottle blondes out there!

3.0 out of 5 stars price changes very often, January 13, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!!!, August 10, 2010
My hair is really dark and this blondes it up perfectly. And it's great Amazon has it, I used to get it at Walmart and they quit carrying it. So I love Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightened my black hair, July 13, 2012
Keep in mind that for most people it's impossible to go from black to blonde in one bleach. That said, this product has been the only product I could find to lighten my (dyed) black hair, and I've tried several, including bleaching kits from beauty supply stores. The final, bleached color ranged from a light blonde to light brown, for most (including myself), the roots get lighter then the tips.

The instructions say to leave it in for 20 minutes, and no longer then 90, I only needed 25.

If you are trying to go from black to blonde I would recommend bleaching at least twice, probably 3 times, and definitely use a good toner and, most importantly, a deep conditioner. Any bleaching you do to your hair will damage it, a lot, so don't bleach more then once in one day.

I love the conditioner that came with this kit, I wish I could get it in a big bottle.

1.0 out of 5 stars makes dark hair carrot orange, July 13, 2011
Lamamama (Erie, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I used the MAXI Blonde color on my son's dark brown hair that had never been color treated. The box indicates that even BLACK hair will turn BLONDE. This was not the case at all. The instructions indicate that it should be left on UP TO 90 minutes, checking for the desired color. At 90 minutes it was still orange. I waited another 30 minutes...still orange. I waited yet another 30 minutes (yes, a total of 2.5 hours) and finally rinsed it out as it was burning my son's skin. His hair has some light blonde at the roots, some yellowish brown all over, and that awful orange hue everywhere. I was not impressed at all. I will stick with WHITE OUT brand and not use this brand again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Clairol Nice 'N Easy Born Blonde Hair Color, Maxi 1 Kit (Pack of 3)
$34.98
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.