5.0 out of 5 stars These Little Gems Really Work!
Published on January 28, 2013 by Lartrainer

2.0 out of 5 stars confusing description
Published on January 26, 2012 by Sandra E. Chatelain

2.0 out of 5 stars confusing description, January 26, 2012
Sandra E. Chatelain (delray beach, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clairol Quick Lift Heated Styling Clips Set L-12 Clean (Misc.)
I evidently mistook the word "styling" for "curling." These clips are inserted at the base of the hair, holding the roots away from the scalp but leaving the rest of the hair hanging out. No doubt it would provide lift (and a hot metal clip very close to the scalp), but no curl. Might be a fine product for very thick or coarse hair, not for fine hair. I returned the item.

5.0 out of 5 stars These Little Gems Really Work!, January 28, 2013
I originally had the Clairol Quick Lift Clips when they came out in the early 90's. I loved them then, but somehow lost them throughout moving (or to a friend that loved them too :-)). During a discussion with friends regarding hair volume, I reminisced about these and how wonderfully they worked and thought it was too bad they weren't still around. Well, a quick check on Amazon showed they WERE still available so I ordered a set. They work just as good now as they did back then. I've had 3 other friends and family members also purchase them after seeing mine--well the results of my hair, anyway.

I use the clips after I'm done styling my hair. This way I see where I want more lift and volume. They heat up in a few minutes and I clip them at the roots all throughout my hair. I keep them in anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes depending on what else I'm doing to get ready. I take them out and have great left without teasing or back combing. I don't typically use hair spray or styling spray, but occasionally I'll spray some on when I'm done.

I've seen a few overpriced plastic volumizing clips for $50 that require spritz ing the hair with water, etc (who has time for that each day?). These are an amazing price for something quicker and easier. I'm surprised Clairol does t relaunch these babies.

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY QUICK AND CURLS!!!, June 23, 2013
The clips are a little heavier than I expected BUT my hair is very thin right now due to a thyroid problem which is being worked on. They heat up quickly and are SO easy to use! Been wanting these for a long time, glad I finally sprung for them. Very fast, easier than "curlers" of any kind really.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are back!, February 9, 2014
I as very happy to see these are available again. I had them about 15 years ago,,and stopped using them. But styles change and we now want volume again,. I have fairly fine hair,,not heavy course type. I used them when my hair was about 6-7 inches long,,some layers in there. I could not control my cowlick! These were amazing,,so I'm looking forward to using them again,,,and yes I live in a very wet climate. The hold and lift will last all day.,,,don't forget the hairspray!

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, December 15, 2013
RG (florida,usa) - See all my reviews
I have thin hair and live in florida. The humidity makes it a challenge to keep my hair pouffy the way I like it and these help me keep my volume on top.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, June 3, 2013
I got these clips because I did not want curly hair-just lift at the roots. They work, but you have to be careful where you place them or you get that same indention you get from hot roller clips. These were not expensive and shipped quickly. I am glad I found them on Amazon. They don't burn my scalp, but I am not tender headed at all. If you have space for another hair appliance, they are a good addition.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay if you sit still, January 31, 2014
These are somewhat useful. They do help lift the roots at the crown of your head, but you have to be still because the clips will fall over easily and then flatten instead of lifting the roots. That is not very convenient for me as I usually put my hair up and then do other stuff to finish getting ready. They DO WORK if you can be still.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, March 3, 2012
This "lifter" did not work on my hair. Although my hair is long, it is layered. I tried it on the very short layers on top, and nope, didn't do annnnything. Oh well, another one to sell cheap at a yard sale or just give away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for lifting short hair, December 23, 2013
I had these clips a while ago & lost them in Superstorm Sandy. This was a re-purchase. The new ones are smaller then the older model, but works just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars great hair clips for short hair, June 25, 2013
love these for my short thick hair, making it quick to style in the morning. they warm up quick and do a great job!