5.0 out of 5 stars Good results and easy to use.
This is my first try at hair coloring. This was used on Caucasian medium brown hair that is getting a lot of gray in it. This hair had previously been colored at a Salon, so only the 3/4 inch of roots was showing gray.

Published on September 14, 2010 by John L. Mills

1.0 out of 5 stars cocoa brown did not work. it came out a light ashy brown
I used it on natural hair and left it on for 30 min looked dark brown rinsed out ashy brown.
Published 18 months ago by Mattie Ricks

5.0 out of 5 stars Good results and easy to use., September 14, 2010

The result is good and even stood up to swimming pool chlorine. Other products might be better, but I don't see any reason to try them. The seller beat the delivery estimate by many days.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm SOLD!, December 15, 2010
Clairol Textures & Tones * 1n-natural Black

I had been using other permanent hair colors for years on my permed hair, changing products every couple of years. I kept searching for a product that would last and leave my hair healthy, shiny, and full of body and I've finally found it. Clairol's Textures & Tones really impressed me. I have quite a bit of gray at the hair line and it covers the gray very well and the color holds nicely especially since I've decided to go natural it really leaves my hair soft and nourished instead of dried out and brittle. It has a pleasant fragrance and rinses out well. I'd recommend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Brown: WOW!, October 9, 2008
I have been growing my hair out (from a pixie to a cute bob) and was about to chop it all off because it was lifeless and dry looking. My hair color is naturally dark brown, but I have been dying it light auburn with blondish highlights for years. I decided to go back to my original color and didn't want highlights. On a whim, I picked up Texture and Tones in Dark Brown. Because my natural hair is already dark brown, the color came out almost black, super shiny and with unbelievable body!!! I feel like I could be on a commercial! They need to sell the conditioner because it is the BOMB! I was shopping and a lady came up to me to tell me how pretty my hair looked! She said it was so beautiful at first she thought it was a wig! I'm sold! I will definately purchase this color again and recommend it to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars The one and only hair dye to use, April 2, 2012
When I first dyed my hair, it broke off. I was hesitant to dye it ever again but a friend recommended this product. I've tried several colors from Black to Dark Brown to Cherrywood. My hair never broke off once, in fact the conditioner that comes with the color left my hair shiny and healthy looking. My hair is naturally black which means that whenever you use a home dye like this, you never know what shade you're going to get, but I can say that the colors on the box are very accurate. Love love this product!! Would never use another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars My go to hair dye!, September 5, 2014
This review is from: Clairol Textures & Tones Permanent Hair Color, 4RC Cherrywood (Health and Beauty)
To be honest, I am not a "woman of color," I am as white as freshly fallen snow, but my hair is something to be reckoned with. Normal hair dyes don't like my hair and I don't feel like I should have to bleach my hair to have a lighter shade when I am transitioning from dyed black hair. Also, when you dye your hair a red color and months later you want something blonde or brown, you still end up with a red tone. This doesn't do that. You can go from black to blonde, red to any color you want, it doesn't matter, the color on the box matches what your hair looks like after you use it.

I just bought Cherrywood today and I can't wait to use it. I have used Blazing Burgundy in the past and it was gorgeous, and then I used Natural Black some months ago, so I can't wait to see what this what this Cherrywood will look like. Another thing, the conditioner that comes with it is amazing! I even bought the big bottle of this same conditioner for normal hair washing, it's perfect.

As I said, I'm white with natural hair, but this dye does the trick and doesn't leave my hair feeling dry. Plus, no need to use bleach to go a lighter shade.

1.0 out of 5 stars cocoa brown did not work. it came out a light ashy brown, July 8, 2013
Mattie Ricks (Virginia Beach, VA United States) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars When it says PERMANENT, believe it, August 10, 2014
I like the way it colors my hair but I don't like the fact that it will not let you go from blonde to dark brown or even black for that matter. My natural hair color is brown, so I wanted to go honey blonde, then decided to go darker brown, purchased textures and tones, tried it, and it didn't take at all, still honey blond. I've spoken with one other person who's experienced the same thing. So can someone out there tell me how to go about dying my now blonde hair dark brown but using this same product? I do like the way it covers the gray, and keeps it covered, I just want to a shade of brown. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars best hair color for dark hair, October 30, 2010
I used all kind of brands to get some red in my black hair (I didn't want to bleach my hair)this is one good amonia free product finally show some red, very good one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite, October 4, 2013
I used this brand twice, first a blonde and then a black. I loved it both times. The color on the box didn't lie. I plan to go red next year, i will certainly use this brand. It leaves your hair VERY soft. I suggest this product and user... delivery was super fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL!!!!, January 30, 2012
I've been using a haircolor semi-permanent color rinse on my hair for years. I relize the that the rinse my have been my scalp problem so I decide to try a permanent color that would last long, cover gray at a 100% and not be hard on my scalp and hair.I saw the sales clerk hair and it was beautiful and I ask who made her color and she told me Textures and Tones I purchased it on the spot and I am SO GLAD I did. It turned out beautiful..it didn't irritate my scalp, it easy to rinse out, no harsh smell..I am in love with my haircolor now. I will be using again. Thank you Clairol.