Customer Discussions > Threat Vector (Jack Ryan, Jr.) forum

And Tom Clancy Sells his name once again

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 27, 2012 7:46:04 PM PDT
Oh how I wish Tom Clancy would write another book. And write a book, I mean actually possibly contribute to the pages inside the binding and not have his sole contribution be the deciding exactly how big his name would be on the front cover.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 12:08:40 PM PST
Dave Dalton says:
Is there a way to know just how much he contributed? In any event, I suspect an author probably runs out of words after a while, but in today's world, a franchise is a franchise, and we seem to take Jack Ryan in any form we can get. I'll buy it, (or get it as a gift for Christmas, I'm sure. It will be time for a trashy fictional romp after slogging through Kissinger's "Diplomacy".

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:36:12 PM PST
Degas says:
I refuse to buy "ghost authored" books, no matter how much I liked the works of the "Headliner". It's pure laziness and greed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:30:13 PM PST
If any of the Clancy ghost authored books were good, I would buy them. But they are not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 7:50:29 AM PST
gppintx says:
I was excited about a new Tom Clancy novel too until I saw the second author's name below. I admit that his writing in the last decade hasn't matched his earlier works, but I would still like to see a book written solely by him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 3:21:08 PM PST
stan smith says:
I agree 100%!

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 10:44:45 AM PST
Debt of Honor was the last good clancy book. I was so excited when I found 'Red Rabbit' wondering how I could have missed an installment in the Ryan franchise. Only later did I realized it was written after the fact and was just a cash grab.

I guess when you have made as much money as Clancy it is easier to let a ghost writer do the work, you put your name on the cover and wala, a new swiss bank account!

The Clancy series has gone the way of Clive Cussler with shallow male Characters, vapid easy women and predictable plot lines. His early works were solid gold, the ghost written works are solid peices of (this word would be removed by moderators so use your imagination).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:13:38 AM PST
I actually thought that Executive Orders and The Bear and the Dragon were very good as well and are two of my favorites. Even teeth of the tiger, while being sub par for Clancy, would have been the height of many other authors works. Red Rabbit was a good idea, going back into Ryan's past, but poorly executed.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 4:20:20 PM PST
Drew says:
I have to agree; the "co-authored" books of both Clancy and Cussler are simply junk.

Best Clancy book, IMHO, is still The Hunt for Red October

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 9:33:03 PM PST
"Best Clancy book, IMHO, is still The Hunt for Red October"

I agree 100%, but his co-authored Red Storm Rising is almost as good.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 27, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Threat Vector (Jack Ryan, Jr.)
Threat Vector (Jack Ryan, Jr.) by Tom Clancy (Hardcover - December 4, 2012)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (2,360)