Build, train, and equip the ultimate elite special ops team using the latest in high-tech weapons and gear. From the hot deserts of Kazakhstan to the towns and villages of Ukraine and the frozen lands of Siberia, you must discover and disable the secret Soviet-era “Dead Hand” bases which Russian ultranationalist Yuri Treskayev is using to build an army of drones to seize power.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is a turn-based, tactical Action game with Role-playing (RPG) elements that combines the excitement of the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon game franchise with the power and versatility of the new Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming system.* Shadow Wars is also the first Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon game to feature turn-based gameplay, popular in handheld Nintendo games. Players have access to six character classes, each with unique abilities and weapons. The single player story mode contains 37 standard missions as well as 20 unlockable skirmish missions, while the multiplayer mode -- playable on a single 3DS -- features 10 missions.
Build, Train, and Equip the Ultimate Elite Special Ops Team
As the commander of the Ghosts, your mission is to stop the Russian ultranationalist Yuri Treskayev from coming to power. From the hot deserts of Kazakhstan to the towns and villages of Ukraine and the frozen lands of Siberia, you must discover and disable the secret Soviet-era "Dead Hand" bases which Treskayev is using to build an army of drones to seize power. You will have access to full resources to build, train, and equip your team, using increasingly high -tech weapons and armor.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars and Nintendo 3DS take turn-based tactical gameplay into a whole new dimension. View larger.
Nintendo 3DS is a groundbreaking hardware release that brings 3D gaming to the handheld market for the first time. The fourth major release in the DS product line, the Nintendo 3DS utilizes 3D Slider functionality and an improved top LCD display to present a glasses-free 3D effect in compatible games, while giving players the option to moderate the effect as they see fit. Taken together with additional features including full analog control in 3D game environments, motion and gyro sensors that transfer the movements of the handheld into the game, 3D camera functionality, an adjustable stylus and full backwards compatibility and you have not only a must-have system, but a revolution in handheld gaming.
Key Game Features
- A New Way to Experience the Critically-Acclaimed Ghost Recon Series
- Eye-popping 3D cutscenes and in-game effects, where enemies and objects appear to be jumping out at you
- Use the Touch Screen for quick and easy mini-map navigation
- Try to Thwart the Ultranationalists' Evil Plans in a Deep and Credible Tom Clancy Scenario
- Explore various environments with an Eastern European flavor
- Story mode with 37 missions for more than 30 hours of gameplay
- Unlock 20 challenging "skirmish" missions with 3 levels of difficulty
- Train and Manage the Best Special Ops Unit
- Choose among six unique classes, each with their own special skills: Commando, Sniper, Recon, Engineer, Gunner and Medic
- Unlock new skills and equipment by progressing in the game
- Equip your ghosts with the most advanced combat gear-and even drones
- Challenge Your Friends - Eleven one-on-one duel maps on a single 3DS that let you determine who the real special ops squad leader is
* Nintendo 3DS sold separately.