5.0 out of 5 stars My kids and I loved Clara Caterpillar!
Published on November 24, 2001 by sweetinfidel

1.0 out of 5 stars The book that never arrived
I have a daycare and was teaching the children about caterpillar and butterfly's and wanted to have this boom to tea and have available for the children and it has never arrived.
Published 17 months ago by Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids and I loved Clara Caterpillar!, November 24, 2001
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Hardcover)
This is story about hidden talents, not judging someone by their appearance etc. and it is very clever. I especially liked the fact that the hero in this story is female. I bought this story for my son's 5th birthday, but my 8 year old daughter simply adored this book. After I read it aloud to him a couple of times I saw her pick it up and read it to herself again and then to him when he asked her to. (She is not normally gung-ho for reading)Great story. Fantastic pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindergartners loved this story, May 28, 2009
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Hardcover)
I read this to my Kindergarten class as an introduction to our Butterfly integrated thematic unit. The story is great, with a lesson that you cannot judge someone by their appearances, and the kids understood this. They even refered to this story several times, especially when some snooty character was presented in a story, the kids would say "He/She is just like Catisha!" Catisha is the conceited caterpillar in this story. I reread the story at the end of our unit, and asked the students what parts of the story were true about caterpillars/butterflies. They noticed the life cycle of the butterfly was correct in this story, as was the camouflage scene.
I enjoyed this book myself, I must confess!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clara Caterpillar, January 22, 2007
Linda H. Mclemore (CHULA VISTA, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Paperback)
I was searching for children's books with my new granddaughters name, Clara, and when I came across this book I liked the story. The moral of the story is "Clara is so capable and courageous" and "And I'm a completely contented butterfuly" said Clara, and I hope that my granddaughter Clara will grow up capable, courageous and content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clara Caterpillar, May 9, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Hardcover)
Clara Caterpillar is a fabulous book for many reasons!! My kids enjoyed hearing the tongue tripping tale and love reading it aloud themselves. The alliterative style is quite ear catching. The illustrations are vibrant and colorful. The pictures draw you into the garden until you feel like another bug.
This book is perfect to use with students. I used this to teach caterpillar metamorphosis. It will also be read frequently to illustrate accepting and admiring the unique qualities of individuals. No classroom library would be complete without this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, June 14, 2001
Eileen (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Hardcover)
Absolutely delightful! Beautiful illustrations accompany the alliterative text that tells the tale of a cream colored butterfly who pales in comparison to her spectacular butterfly friends. But when Clara's relatively plain appearance helps her to save another butterfly, the other butterflies recognize her true value. An outstanding read aloud.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, January 21, 2011
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Paperback)
My review is summed up by my title, I love this book. My daughters and I had borrowed it from the library and we liked it so much that we looked for it online so that we could purchase it. I love how Ms. Edwards uses so many "c" words to tell the story of Clara the courageous caterpillar. Her books like this are fun to read and help children (and some adults)to enhance their vocabulary.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Paperback)
Awesome for an insect unit or to use with the letter "Cc" as it uses C-words all throughout the book! My preschoolers loved it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Paperback, book, average quality, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Paperback)
This is a nice, simple book. Comparative to what school-book-orders are like. Story-line was nice. I ordered it four our God-daughter "Clara" which shares the same name in the title.

5.0 out of 5 stars BookLovers, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Paperback)
I bought this book for my soon to be 4 year old son. We just finished learning about a butterfly's life cycle, and I thought this book would be appropriate for our topic. He really liked the book and illustrations. The story has a very important message, i liked the morale of the story. I then bought the same book for my niece.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Teaching Alliteration!, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Clara Caterpillar (Paperback)
This alliterative story features the sound of hard C. Clara comes out of her egg case a common cabbage caterpillar. Then, cracking out of her cozy chrysalis, Clara is a common cream colored butterfly. She's not colorfully captivating like Catisha, the crimson colored butterfly. But when a crow tries to catch the colorful Catisha, courageous Clara distracts him from capturing her. Cleverly, Clara camouflages in cream camellias to completely confuse the crow. Catisha finally concedes that being cream colored is cool. You may get a bit tongue-tied, but this is a well-developed alliterative story.

Clara Caterpillar
Clara Caterpillar by Henry Cole (Library Binding - May 8, 2001)
Used & New from: $0.01