3,113 Reviews
 (1,589)

4.0 out of 5 stars What these sheets are, and what they're not.
First and foremost, I want to start this review by setting expectations.

Published on July 15, 2011 by J. Barrett

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, thin and no quality at all
These sheets are supposed to be 1200 thread count egyptian cotton... yeah, RIGHT! They're very thin with a satin feel. The edges of the pillow case are not sewn like we have here in the United States. These are sort of like a "pocket". The hems are all single stitched and the elastic isn't even sewn in well.

The seller wrote to me after I left a bad review...
Published on October 18, 2010 by Tena R. Ross

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, thin and no quality at all, October 18, 2010

The seller wrote to me after I left a bad review and offered to give me back money on one set of sheets (I bought two sets) if I would remove my bad review, stating that I must have gotten a bad set of sheets (but both sheet sets are the same) and that my review really hurt his business. My point is this; if you don't want bad reviews, don't sell bad products!! I would NOT remove my review because I did not want someone else to end up buying this crap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap sheets, thin and not made well, October 18, 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading advertising, January 1, 2012
My mother ordered these off my wishlist for Christmas. The listing is for 1200 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets. What came had a label reading "1500 Thread Count 100% Egyptian Cotton". After washing them, I noticed on the top sheet a label that read "100% Microfibers". Microfibers ARE NOT Egyptian Cotton. The seller, Mundo de Ofertas offered an apology in an email reply to my own, stating that "My competitor BESPOLITAN changed the listing description to give himself an unfair competitive edge. We would be happy to buy you the same sheets from BESPOLITAN himself to show what he is selling - JS Sanders Microfiber sheets. We are not Pro Merchants like BESPOLITAN so we didn't change the ad description nor can we, but the listing did not say the sheets are 100% cotton. There are sellers who blatantly say the sheets are 100% cotton like The12c_us and Choice Linen who know they are deceiving customers. We have reported them to Amazon to no avail. We have reported BESPOLITAN to Amazon for changing the listing description."
It is Mundo de Ofertas that is selling the JS Sanders Microfiber sheets. Not just BESPOLITAN. If there is a way for suppliers to change the listing descriptions, then there is no such thing as an Amazon guarantee. It's an awful way to do business.
Don't be duped. Don't buy from Bespolitan or from Mundo de Ofertas.

1.0 out of 5 stars False Advertising, Non-Existant Customer Service, January 18, 2011
Never have I had a problem like this with Amazon.com. The item is completely falsely advertised, and the company blamed Amazon for the add and took no responsibility for the product. Nowhere in the original add does it say what it really is. When I contacted the seller multiple times, they contradicted themselves with their responses. When I asked for the third or fourth time to just have the product that was advertised, 1200 thread count Egyptian queen size sheets, instead of the microfiber (under $20 cheap sheets they sent that state on the product twice actually: that they only "feel" like 100% Egyptian cotton 1200), I was offered a refund over and over (to essentially send back the evidence at a complete inconvenience to me), and my question to have the real product sent was completely ignored each time. Now, I am a reasonable person, I said that I would not even leave negative feedback if they sent me the product and I returned the false one. If you still don't believe the negative reviews from this company (all the most helpful reviews on this product are negative for a reason)contact luke.yargo@live.com and I will be happy to send pictures and all the emails exchanged between myself and this company that I am sending to the BBB (to at least get my question answered) and FTC (for blatant false advertising). I warned the company...this goes to show you they really don't care. Don't believe them or their claim to completely satisfy customers...they don't even respond.

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 of three set purchased, January 3, 2011
Thomas Verburgt (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clara Clark Complete 7-Piece Bed Sheet and Duvet Cover Set, Queen, Purple Eggplant (Misc.)
Have you ever shopped at a flea market and thought, "Man, this deal is too good to be true?" Yet when you get home with your "great" find, you are marveled at what a rube you are?

That's how I feel, and I hope you don't fall for the same thing I just did.

As a lovers of great quality sheets, each year after Christmas, I go out and search for good deals on linens (they go on sale after the holidays, much as TVs right before the Superbowl). So, finding a set of quality sheets on the internet isn't usually hard around this time. I've never been shortchanged, and I always come out on top. Until now, that is.

As I said, I like quality linens, and you truly would be better off going to Walmart and picking up Hannah Montana sheets than sleep on these.

1) They appear to be a Poly cotton or Poly blend, not 100% cotton.
2) They are not 1200 TC. They appear to be somewhere in the range of 100-150 TC.
3) They are not stitched with any kind of skill. I would expect more out of my local Jr. High Home Ec. student.

I say that they are probably poly-blend b/c they carry a sheen on one side and are dull on the reverse. As I am pretty sure that it will cost more to return them that it is to warn others, I will probably burn off a small swatch and run a gas analysis on it to confirm, but from first glance, the fibers melt instead of burn which is clearly indicative of a synthetic rather than natural fiber.

I additionally state that they cannot be 1200 TC, as I can see each individual fiber with the naked eye. Having a closet full of linens of high quality (that I paid about the same price for) I can assure you that anything over 600 TC cannot be viewed easily with the naked eye, must less seen through when held up to the light.

The stitching...well, lets just say that I've got better stitching on my shirts.woot orders for $4.

In any case, I don't blame the Amazon vendor for this, as it looks like the JS Sanders resellers probably have about as much knowledge of bedding and linens as the guy that sells cellphone antenna boosters has knowledge of millimeter wave propagation and waveguides.

In any case, I just wanted everyone get a good opinion of what these sheets are like, and after having looked at the reviews for other sheets of the same set, I wager that many of them have either never walked in a linen store or they are simply shill reviews to downplay actual customers.

But, as LeVar Burton used to say, "Don't take my word for it..."

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, September 19, 2010
Regina C (MARANA, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
The sheets are very thin, I couldn't believe when I held them up to the light, I could actually see thru them! Then when I washed them for the first time, the top sheet hem unraveled and left alot of threads in my washing machine. Don't buy these sheets!!

4.0 out of 5 stars What these sheets are, and what they're not., July 15, 2011
J. Barrett (Salt Lake City, UT) - See all my reviews
First and foremost, I want to start this review by setting expectations.

If you're buying these sheets because they say "1200 thread count" then please keep something in mind - they are MICROFIBER. When I first considered getting these sheets, half of the reviews complained about how thin they are. A lot of customers claimed they were being ripped off, because the thread count "couldn't possibly be 1200." Disregard any review that says that, because these are definitely 1200 thread count sheets! They are 1200 microfiber thread count, though.

Microfiber: Microfiber is not nearly as thick as full cotton sheets. By design, it is much, much thinner. Does that lower the quality of these sheets? Not one bit! They're very comfortable, and have been excellent for the summer. I have not tried them in the winter yet, but I suspect they'll hold up alright. If you live someplace really cold, then you should really use something like flannel sheets in the winter anyway, right?

OK - now that we have that out of the way, here is my overall consensus on these sheets.

Likes:
- VERY soft and comfortable. Before using these I used three sets of sheets. One set was 200 thread count cotton, one of them 500 cotton, and the other was 800 satin. By comparison, these sheets are softer and warmer than any of the others by a good margin.

- Lightweight and easy fitting. They go on my queen mattress like a charm and I never have to fight with them. You would think this would be the case for most sheets, but surprisingly the thicker the cotton the harder it is to get a proper fit. Especially for the fitted sheet, and especially for pillow top mattresses.

- At night, there are no cold spots in the sheets. Generally, I actually enjoy having cold spots in my sheets. You know how it is... If it gets too hot and you wake up at night, you can move to a new spot in the sheets and cool down again. These sheets are the same temperature all around though, and at first it bothered me, but after a few weeks I'm over it and enjoy the constant temp.

- These sheets do not get really hot or really cold. They breathe well so in the heat of the summer I'm not dying. (Just you try getting that result with 1200 thread count pure cotton sheets...) Anyway, they don't get cold either, as the microfiber seems to keep the sheets the same temp as your body, or a little warmer with a comforter. For those who sweat at night due to their sheets, but still want comfort, I'd definitely recommend giving these a go.

Dislikes:
- It takes two - three weeks to break these sheets in. It also takes 3 - 5 washes, at least. This isn't a bad thing I guess, but I pretty much hated these sheets out of the package. They felt like velvet! So yeah, be patient and break them in.

- Even after four washes, the sheets still bled. I thought by then they wouldn't bleed, and made the mistake of combining a set of white cotton sheets with them in the wash. Now I have pink cotton sheets... Yay! Just know that bleeding may occur for extended periods of time, and so you may want to wash individually. (As a 25 year old male, I find this to be a hassle.)

The bleeding and the break in time are the only reasons these sheets don't get a perfect score, but those are mostly nitpick complaints.

Conclusion:
Highly recommended! Comfortable, affordable, and so long as you have your expectations set correctly on the microfiber, you will not be disappointed. DO NOT BUY IF YOU WANT 1200 THREAD COUNT PURE COTTON SHEETS - because then you'll end up giving these sheets a bad review for no other reason than your inability to pay attention. :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, March 11, 2011
These sheets do not appear to be what is described. They are advertised on Amazon as "1200 Thread Count," but when we received them, the packaging actually said they were "like 1200 thread count." To me, that means they are not actually 1200 thread count sheets, but rather some imitation. Not impressed already. Also, the 2 "bonus" pillow cases are not the same color as the sheets and other 2 pillow cases. They are much more green and the sheets are blue. Not a big deal for us since we didn't plan on using them, but still kind of weird.

We decided to give them a try anyway, and they were a huge disappointment. The sheets seem to have two "sides" to them- one side is very soft, almost more like jersey material, and the other side is this weird scratchy satin-type material. Since the scratchy satin side is totally uncomfortable to sleep against, we figured the soft side was the "correct" side.

The sheets sleep very warm, and don't have that nice cool feeling that good egyptian cotton sheets have. They also seem very thin and cheaply made, and after we had already taken them out of the packaging and washed them, we noticed a rip in the fitted sheet, and several brown stains. I guess we can't prove they arrived that way, since we didn't see this until after we washed them, but our washer/dryer has never stained anything else before, and certainly hasn't ripped anything!! So, they either arrived ripped and stained, or are made so poorly that one wash ruined them.

Either way, I would never recommend these sheets- I guess you get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed X 2, September 11, 2010
I was excited to receive the matching sheets to a duvet set, but when it arrived, I was so-o-o disappointed. It was completely another color. I emailed the seller right away and I refused an exchange (due to the lack of satisfaction with the duvet, as well, and requested a credit. Then requested info about how to return them. NO RESPONSE and no info in the delivery. I paid for the duvet set at the time of shipping, but have not received a credit or response. Have never had a problem like this buying from Amazon, but will really consider other choices before buying again.

1.0 out of 5 stars A *not* 1500 thread count, *not* cotton set of sheets, May 11, 2011
Even though the item is listed as "1500 thread count" and "Egyptian Cotton" it IS NOT either one. It is made of an unknown material (it doesn't say what it actually is anywhere on the sheets) that is "soft touch as" 1500 thread count cotton. So if you actually want cotton sheets with a 1500 thread count, don't get these. I was looking to return them minutes after I opened the box.