Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on May 4, 2012
I bought this, like many others, after reading all the reviews I could find on it. A friend of mine, who has glowing skin, owns one, and that sealed the deal- I bought it and have been using it for over a month now. The first thing I will say is that I wish I had saved $20 and bought the Mia. I never use the 2nd speed on the Mia 2 (the difference in the speeds is minimal) and the timer/beeping annoys me- I would rather be able to freely use it around my face as feels best. So DEFINITELY save your money and buy the Mia not the Mia 2.

Despite eating a dairy-free organic diet, doing yoga, regular exercise, sugar-free, gluten-free, taking fish oil and probiotics regularly and using natural, organic high-quality skin care products my skin is constantly breaking out- it is minimal acne (1-3 spots at a time) but acne nonetheless. I would say 25 days out of the month there are blemishes on my face and while they are small they still leave horrible red-marks. The result is that I am constantly having to use layers of concealer because not only am I breaking out but I have discoloration and red marks from the years of skin problems.

I was hoping the Clarisonic Mia would help alleviate the acne and fade the red marks. I noticed improved clarity within the first week and was VERY excited- I actually only used a brief cover of powder before going out which I haven't been able to do in ages. I called my sister and went on about how the Mia is a MIRACLE and all the reviews were true.

Well, since then my skin has gone back to normal. It looks absolutely NO different. I am thinking that what maybe caused the initial clearing up was the sample size cleanser I was using that had come with the Mia. It was of the Clarisonic Purifying Facial Gel. Once I ran out of that I went back to my usual cleanser and that is about when my skin returned to looking like, well, crap.

I went to Whole Foods and bought a different cleanser and gave that a try, but absolutely no change.

I am going to go and purchase the Clarisonic Purifying Face Wash and use that with the Mia before my final verdict. But even if that gets my skin looking great, it means that it has far more to do with the face wash than the Mia- so why not just get the face wash and use a wash cloth?

Everyone is different, I'm still hoping to see a marked improvement in my skin- but other than that brief week my skin looks the same as usual- no lessening in acne, no evening of skin-tone, no lessening of wrinkles, etc. and I don't feel like my skin care products are getting any more absorbed.

I'm sure this works for other people, just still waiting for it to work for me. I'll be sure to update if it does.

****Update- I went to Sephora and bought the Clarisonic Oily/Normal skin purifying face wash and TADA- great skin again- so this is what worked magic. I give the mia 3 stars though because it really does get all your makeup off- but as for reducing acne, wrinkles etc I don't think so, at least not for me.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 19, 2013
Buyer Beware!! I purchased this product after reading several reviews that counterfeit product was being sold. I thought that it was an isolated incident but when I received mine and tried to register it for the warranty with Clarisonic I found that mine was a counterfeit unit, The seller of my unit was Wachegenas.
My daughter had bought one from Amazon in April and when I called her to warn her about my unit she tried to register hers and also found that she had a counterfeit unit. I called Amazon immediately and will receive a full refund as well as a prepaid postage label to return. However, Amazon wants to charge my daughter a 20% restocking fee and make her pay return postage because it is past the 30 day return time. Be very careful when buying this product from Amazon seller!
on January 24, 2013
Ok, so, I'm a young female who has been struggling...and I mean STRUGGLING...with acne for probably ten years now. And when I say acne, I mean face, chest, back, shoulders...everything. I have run the whole 9 yards and back over the years with acne products...started with topical stuff OTC, including ProActiv, then went to the regular doc and took all the cyclines, then went to the dermatologist, tried every pill/topical combination out there. When I was 14, I finally found a topical treatment that worked well enough to clear me up enough to be acceptable, but it wasn't great. That product had sulfur in it, and I have found that that has been my best bet as far as long-term topical treatment. Well, my doctor decided to have me try Accutane when I was 16. Now that worked wonders and I was blemish-free for 2 years. It wasn't until my sophomore year of college that I started having really bad breakouts again. At first I thought it was due to bad makeup, which it partly was, but I couldn't shake it. I was terribly broken out for about 8 months and could not get it under control. I felt like I was 13 years old again. Well, for Christmas this year, my mom got me this Clarisonic Mia 2. I started using it on Christmas Day on my face and chest and let me tell you...I noticed a difference in a week. I now sit here a month later, and I have one pimple. Yes, ONE. Aside from the fading scarring from past acne, my face is flawless. My chest is clear too. I used the Clarisonic with the facewash they provided...it has 2% salicylic acid...and then used my topical treatment (Clearasil adult acne treatment with sulfur) afterwards. It's a magic wand, I'm convinced. My face feels and looks smooth and I have no problem not having makeup on now. And can I remind you...THIS IS ALL IN A MONTH. If that's not magic, I dunno what is. Worth EVERY PENNY!!
on March 30, 2013
I was initially very pleased with the Clarisonic Mia 2 - it made my skin feel extremely clean, and I seemed to perform almost as well as advertised. Several months after I purchased the Mia, however, it is broken. It turns itself on frequently -- and cannot be turned off. Pressing the on/off button does nothing. I ultimately just had to wait for the battery to discharge completely. This only took a few days because the Mia turned itself on repeatedly -- and loudly --at least 3 or 4 times per day.
I recently learned that because neither Amazon nor Beauty Depot are authorized retailers, Clarisonic will not honor its warranty.
So while I generally liked the Mia 2, I strongly advise anyone thinking of buying this device (or any other Clarisonic product) to avoid purchasing one from Amazon, Beauty Depot, or any other non-authorized retailer.
on November 25, 2013
I got a Clarisonic for Christmas a couple of years ago. We moved a couple of months ago. I plugged it in to recharge. Lights show recharge, but when pressing the on/off button, it just vibrates for a second and quits. Battery? I called Clarisonic. Their customer service told me it was out of warranty, and they could offer me a "deal" -- only $125 for a new one. She was one of the most obnoxious, arrogant, and insulting customer service agents I've ever talked with. Basically, she didn't care about the fact the device costs over $200, and only lasted 2 years. If you buy one, be careful. It may work for a while (and it does work well, when it works), but when you have to replace the 50 cent battery, that's where they stick it to you. It's an expensive device with planned obsolescence.

UPDATE: I just disassembled the device. It was completely sealed, and had to be destroyed. There are 2 AA size rechargeable batteries that might cost Clarisonic 50 cents. Why are these batteries not accessible for replacement? That's where the get you!!! But hey, it's just $200.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 30, 2013
Purchased a fake one and it stopped working after a week. Called Clarasonic and they told me the serial number is not one of theirs and its a fake. BEWARE!!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 27, 2012
Overall Impression:

The Mia 2 is worth every penny I paid for it! This is one of the very few times that a skin product actually lived up to it's claims and more importantly, the hype! I have very sensitive skin that will break out and turn red from what seems to be everything out there. Therefore I was very apprehensive when asking my husband to buy the Mia 2 for me. The first night I used it, it took some getting used to. However, there is nothing truly complicated about the Mia 2.

Remove makeup, rinse face, apply cleanser to face, press the "ON" button, and begin scrubbing your face. The 1-minute times pulses when it is time to switch from one part of the face to another. In 1 minute, the entire face is clean, incredibly smooth. While it may be difficult to see the "cleanness" of your face, you will most definitely feel how smooth your skin becomes after just one use!

After having used the product for over a month I can honestly say that I have no regrets. There was no "break-in" period where my face had to get used to the Mia 2 or the cleanser. There has been no reduction in the benefit of using the Mia 2. My face is cleaner, smoother, and has fewer breakouts than ever before! I can't think of a single other product that has ever come close to providing these kinds of results.

Typical Use:

I use the Mia 2 every night after removing my make-up and before going to bed. After using the product I apply a night cream to moisturize my skin. In the morning, I rinse my face and use the Mia 2 before doing anything else to my face.

Features and Accesories:

The Mia 2 is a very simple device. However, everything on it comes together to work wonderfully and without any fuss or hassle.

- The cleanser has been surprisingly gentle on my very sensitive skin. My only regret is that the trial size runs out quite quickly and you should probably order the full-size product along with the Mia 2.

-The charger is magnetic and snaps on to the bottom of the Mia 2 in a very high-quality, Apple-like way. The charging light is a pleasant blue color.

-The included brush head (for sensitive skin) is soft but firm and has held up to daily use over more than a month.

-The travel case is durable and does the job of protecting the Mia 2 when I travel.

Quality of Build and Appearance:

The overall build quality is about the same as it looks in the picture. Everything is made out of plastic. This is not a commercial-grade product therefore it isn't built like one. However, unless you plan on abusing it, the Mia 2 should serve faithfully for years to come.

Value:

While $120 may seem like a huge amount for something that does the same thing as a washcloth, don't be fooled! The money you save on make-up from not having to hide your clean, smooth, breakout-free face will pay for the Mia 2 in no time! Just imagine not having to purchase and try dozens of new cleansers and other face products in a futile effort to have beautiful skin!
on June 10, 2013
First off, let me say that I am in my late forties, and like most Caucasian women my age, I've experienced a fair amount of skin aging. I was interested to see what the Clarisonic Mia could do for my skin. I read all of the Amazon reviews before deciding to purchase it, and I'm so glad that I did. I followed the user suggestions for starting off slowly to get my skin acclimated. At first, I only used it every other day. I did experience a bit of breaking out in the beginning, but knowing this was a normal effect, I continued to use it, gradually working up to once a day in the evenings. Now, after about eight months of use, these are the changes I've noticed over time:
My skin is smoother and more even in texture; this is especially marked on my upper chest, where my skin had previously been sun-damaged and felt a bit bumpy;
I believe my skin absorbs moisturizer better; as a result, it has become more elastic and supple;
I rarely break out anymore;
Many of the dark age- and sun-related spots have lightened by degrees;
My skin, overall, looks younger, healthier and more vibrant.
Just be sure to take good care of the brush head. After each use, I run the motor and gently shake out any moisture. I then dab it dry on a towel before placing the cap back on and putting it away in a dry cabinet. Also, replace the brush heads every few months or so. The amount you need to replace it will depend on how often you use it and whether you wash off your make-up before you use it. I highly recommend this product. It's worth the investment.
on January 29, 2013
I want to return it. It isn't a real clarasonic. Talked to company and its a copy. Broken after 2 weeks and I want and deserve my money back. This is a rip off!!
on April 25, 2013
Please reconsider when you want to buy Clarisonic Mia2 here. I didn't read the previous comments so I wasn't aware of fake Clarisonic products. I learned that the Clarisonic Mia2 that I got from seller "Your Top Shelf" is fake. I got the idea when I read the tips from ebay buying guides. Please see below:

Here are some tips to help prevent you from spending your hard earned money on a fake Clarisonic Mia 2.
Ask the seller to show you close up photos of 3 areas:
1. The back of the handle where “Clarisonic Mia 2” is printed.
Genuine Mia 2
"C" "l" and "a" are evenly spaced apart.
There is a small space between “Mia” and “2”.
“Mia” and “2” are aligned. The bottom of the “2” is level with the letter “a”, while the top of the “2” is level with the highest point of the “M”.

I the one I got has "l" is closer to "c" than to "a" and “Mia” and “2” are closer together and are not level with each other.

2. The base of the handle where the Lot Code is printed
Every genuine Clarisonic brush handle has a lot code at its base. There is a logic to these codes, they are not random alphabets and numbers. The leading alphabet(s) / symbol indicate the model, the first 2 digits are the year of manufacture, the 3 next digits are the batch code, and the last one or two alphabets are the colour code.

The item I got has a first 2 digit codes of "22". It means it was produced in 2022?!?!?!

3. The base of the cardboard box

A genuine Mia 2 has a sticker label at the base of the box. This label is either the same as, or very close to the numeric portion of the lot code on the Mia 2 handle.

The one I got has no sticker label!

(Got this info from [...])

Please be careful. Save your USD120 and get a real one from clarisonic website or sephora.