5.0 out of 5 stars A cautionary tale *updated*
*Updated 10/18/2013: I still use my Mia 2 everyday. It has had no problems. It still only requires charging about once a month. It is one of the best purchases I have made. It is totally worth the money and simplifies my routine so much. *

Published on April 17, 2012 by Glorified Rice

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake!
Published 18 months ago by Battledad

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Clarisonic Skin Care Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System, Pink (Misc.)
I purchased a Mia 2 through Amazon using Vikistore. The pink was my choice since my wife enjoys the color. Then unit was shipped Prime and arrived in 2 days. After christmas she went to register it with Clarisonic but failed 2x. she asked me to try and I also failed. Finally she called Clarisonic customer service only to learn that the product code printed on the device was not valid and that it was a fake. Clarisonic said that they had had multiple situations like this recently through amazon.

I then contacted Amazon CS and they apologized and offered to refund my money and issues an RMA with Amazon paying the postage. Turns out that Clarisonic says that neither Amazon or anyone selling on Amazon is authorized to do so. This unit is a knockoff!

If you purchased a Mia (either regular or 2) through Amazon you have a fake and will not receive warranty support and it may fail prematurely. In essence any Clarisonic product being sold on Amazon is fake and the transactions are fradulent.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cautionary tale *updated*, April 17, 2012

*update 9/18/2012: It has been several months and I continue to use the Mia 2 everyday. I use it once a day in the shower when I am getting ready for the day. I have gone back to using the deep pore brush all of the time. I actually feel like it is gentler to my skin than the regular brush head. For some reason the sensitive brush that comes with the clairsonic feels more abrasive. So, after the initial purging period that I experienced when first using the Clairsonic, I have had no further issues. My skin has been really nice. I feel like I just don't have to fuss with skin care anymore. I just use it everyday and my skin looks nice. It's as simple as that really. I'm really happy with the Clairsonic. It still works and looks as good as the day I bought it. I am glad that I made the investment. I would say that it is one of the things that I own that I would definitely not want to be without, and I don't have too many things that I would say that about. For that reason, I have changed my rating from a four to a five star, as the Clairsonic has exceeded my high expectations!***

I purchased my Mia 2 a few months ago from an Ulta Beauty store. I had been vacillating between buying the cheaper Olay brush and the Mia and decided finally to go with the Mia. I am in my 30's and my skin is ok. I don't have many breakouts but I have some redness, periodic dryness, fine lines and uneven skin tone. I don't wear any makeup at all, so I started thinking that the Clairsonic might improve things for me a bit...brighten up my complexion, exfoliate, etc...
I asked the saleslady about the difference between the Mia and Mia 2 and decided to just spend the little more for the MIa 2. Honestly, I don't really feel like extra cost was worth it in this case. The two speeds are barely distinguishable from each other. The timer is nice but I could certainly live without it. I don't think the 2 vs. 1 year warranty is worth the extra money. The saleslady told me that I would be able to use the body brush with the MIa 2 and I'm still not clear on that. On the website it shows the body brush only working with the Classic Clairsonic and I don't see myself really using the body brush much anyway.
In short, if I had to do it over again, I would buy the Mia instead.

After using the Mia 2 for about two months now I can definitely say that I have seen positive results. I have also had some problems. When I bought the Mia 2 the esthetician at Ulta warned me not to over-use it. She told me that some people kind of get addicted to using it and use it way too much, then come in for extractions and more and more facials and end up messing up their skin. She suggested that I start with the sensitive brush that it comes with on the low setting and only use once a day at most if not once every other day. I told her that I wouldn't over-use it.

Well, I didn't listen. I started using it and liked how it felt. My skin started looking great so I figured I must be an exception. I should use it everyday, twice a day. Then I decided that the pores on my nose were too large, and "gasp" I could still see that they were plugged in places, so I bought the deep pore brush and started using it everyday, twice a day. I started using my tweezerman extracting tool a lot because lots of stuff started coming to the surface. Until then, I had not experienced the purge that some people talk about. Well, the purge began and my skin didn't look terrible, but it did look and feel worse.

I looked at myself in the mirror and said to myself "you have a problem" :) So, I threw my extraction tool in a box in the basement so I couldn't get to it easily and I made a resolution to only use the Clairsonic once a day, sometimes every other day and to go back to the sensitive brush head. I also decided to only use the deep pore brush once every few weeks for a deep cleaning like it is probably intended to be used. My skin has calmed down and it is looking great. It is so soft, hydrated, plump and clear. Yes, I still have larger pores across my nose and onto my cheeks. I don't think there is anything that can fix that. It's just how my skin is.

So, I learned a lot about myself here. I am prone to over analyzing my skin and I should have known better and not overused the Clairsonic in the first place. No one is perfect. I am succeptible just like anyone else to the persuit of perfection. Sometimes I just need to step back and realize that no, my pores are never going to dissapear because they are a vital part of my skin. Embrace them. Treat them kindly. The Clairsonic Mia 2 does treat them kindly if it is used correctly.

I use my Clairsonic responsibly now. My fine lines are diminishing, I look a bit younger I think. My skin doesn't look as tired. It's brighter and nicer overall. The MIa 2 is not a miracle machine but is a helpful tool. I'm glad that I bought it.

Like I said earlier, I have learned that for my skin it is best for me to only use it once a day at most. Of course each person has unique skin and should use it according to their needs or the recommendation of their dermatologist or skin professional.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS FROM AMAZON!, March 21, 2013
I do not normally review items, but I believe this instance requires it. I purchased this item on amazon because it was a bit less money than purchasing it through Clarisonic directly. Based on the product description, I was under the impression that this item would be accompanied by a 2 year warranty.

After only having my Mia 2 for under 2 months, it stopped working. It just completely died out of the blue. I contacted Clarisonic, and they informed me that the warranty was invalid since Amazon is an unauthorized retailer of the product. There was nothing that could be done. In addition to that, Amazon would not accept a return or exchange because I was now outside of the 30 day return window.

After contacting Amazon several times, they agreed to accept my item and refund me the money, less a $25 restocking fee. So now I no longer have my Mia 2 and I lost all that money.

My advice to you is only purchase a Clarisonic from an authorized retailer! It might be a bit more money, but this is an electronic item, and something is bound to go wrong eventually. Buy the item from a place where the warranty will be authentic!

I will never purchase an item like this from amazon again, and especially stay clear of "Premier Brands" - the "storefront" on amazon that I purchased it through.

****
UPDATE:
I recently repurchased the Mia 2 from Sephora. I realized, after viewing and using the one purchased from an authorized retailer, that the one I purchased previously from Amazon was a fake! Subtle differences in the logo and overall quality are noticeable. To reiterate my point, do not buy this product from amazon! It is a fake and costs almost as much as the real deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, January 18, 2012
I actually received the Clarisonic Mia 2 this past Christmas. I had read reviews of them on QVC, but I thought the price was a bit steep. I just threw out there I would want one for Christmas, and, lucky me, I got one. The packaging is nice and contains quite a bit of information. There is a little booklet like thing inside the packaging that tells you about the different brush heads, and what each one does. Instructions for cleaning the brush heads and handle is there too. Also, when you purchase this particular color it helps support Look Good...Feel Better, which is for cancer patients. My kit came with a 1 oz bottle of Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, but I don't know if that particular brand is standard or just what I got. It also came with 2 different brush heads, one sensitive and one deep pore.

I really like the pLink charger. It is magnetic, so it just sticks to the bottom of the handle. There is a light around the handle that flashes until the Mia 2 is charged, and then it is just a solid light. You have to charge after about 24 uses. The speed is also indicated by the light on the handle. I believe the top light is normal speed and the bottom light is slightly slower. There is a button to change the speed by the power button. The 1 minute T-Timer is very useful. You do 20 seconds on your forehead, it then buzzes to let you know to switch to your nose/chin for 20 seconds. The third buzz signals to do your first cheek for 10 seconds, and the final buzz is for your other cheek. When you use the Mia 2 you can hit the power button and it will pause for 30 seconds. The only thing I dislike about this is you have to count to do 10 seconds on your nose and 10 on your chin. When I'm finished I just shake the water off a little and put it in the travel case until it dries. After that the case gets closed and it gets put in the medicine cabinet.

I started off using the sensitive brush head but decided to switch to the deep pore one because I have large pores. Both brushes worked wonders, but I think the deep pore brush has made my pores a little less visible. My face is ridiculously soft and smooth. I still have break outs, but I'm pretty sure that is because I have been using some generic makeup. I had a lot of blackheads and both brushes helped remove them completely. I started off using the Philosophy that came in my kit, but I switched to my Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub. You can use basically any cleanser with the Clarisonic. Within 3-4 days I could tell a big difference in my skin.

So, to end a rather long review, this thing is definitely worth the money. The amount of makeup this thing takes off my face is incredible. I have never used anything that has made my face so smooth either. Other than the beep I feel would help, and there not being a holder because it is a travel Clarisonic, there is nothing wrong with this product. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants better skin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, March 19, 2013
I purchased this device went to register the device it is a knock off found out by trying to register device through clarisonic .. highly upset with amazon second time amazon has sold me a fake device...wont purchase from amazon again!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit, fake!!!!, January 31, 2013
JS (Fort Worth, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have a Clarisonic Pro, and I bought two Mia 2 as gifts. When I opened Mia 2 package, the packaging and the manual look normal, but the device and the brush head look really cheap compared to Pro. As I took a closer look, I noticed the fonts on the manual is a little fuzzy, and the logo on the device is also a little faint and fuzzy, but these details can easily be overlooked. Another thing is I had difficulty detaching the brush head from the device, which in my Pro was effortless. After detaching the brush head, I compared Mia 2 with Pro and realized the Mia 2 inside looks cheap, the metallic prongs in Mia 2 is bigger than Pro.

I suspected Mia 2 is a fake, because I don't believe that Clarisonic would use cheap quality materials and has poor craftmanship. The next day I went to the store and purchased the real Mia 2, and compared the real one and the fake one side by side. I can immediately tell the difference like I pointed out above. Again, this counterfeit is very close to the real one.

On Amazon, it was only $20 cheaper than retail price, so it's totally not worth buying from Amazon. I will be aware of what I am buying from Amazon in the future. The good news is Amazon allowed me to return without paying for shipping cost. I really like Amazon, but I hope they can do more to prevent others from selling counterfeits on their website.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE!! DO NOT BOTHER!, June 6, 2013
My mom just ordered this for my birthday, and this product is fake!!! I was a little skeptical about it when I looked at the tracking info and saw it was coming from China. Clarisonics are assembled in Washington! I just received it in the mail and all looked well, but when I tried to register it the lot code was invalid! Don't bother trying to save money, just buy straight from Clarisonic. Needless to say, I will be returning this one and getting the real deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine was a fake too!, June 25, 2013
UPDATE - When my account was credited for the return of the defective counterfeit product, I was charged a restocking fee, which is absurd. How can you restock a non-functioning, counterfeit item? If you've purchased one of these, go to the website "How to spot a fake Clarisonic" (http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Spot-a-Fake-Clarisonic-Mia-2/10000000176982518/g.html) or make the call to Clarisonic before your three month return window is up. My full refund was reinstated, but who needs the hassle? My new Clarisonic is on it's way - from QVC.

I purchased my pink Mia 2 from Premier Products via Amazon at the end of January, 2013. Three months to the day later, it just quit working - would not turn on. Because the Mia 2 is supposed to have a two year warranty, I called Clarisonic, as when my daughter-in-law had a problem with hers (purchased from Q) they immediately replaced it. But when I called, I was told that the number at the bottom of the unit was not one of their serial numbers, so it was a knock-off. The customer service rep told me to contact Amazon and let them know as they have had numerous calls about similar problems from Amazon customers. When I called Amazon, the rep immediately issued a RMA label and began the process for a refund for me. I'm getting another Clarisonic, but from the reputable, well-known source above. A word to the wise: if you've bought one of these, call Clarisonic just to check before your warranty runs out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Clarisonic, August 12, 2013
This item was a fake. It broke after four months. Called Clarisonic about the warranty and they stated the serial number on this product was not theirs and the product was a fake. Returned product to Amazon, but was charged a $24.00 restocking charge after being sold a fake product. Really? sounds like a bad customer relation policy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I ever did for myself, January 4, 2014
I am middle-aged and my skin isn't as fresh as it used to be. Or it wasn't until I bought the Clarisonic. It has worked seeming miracles; my minor sun damage is gone, my rosacea is minimized, some minor discoloration has disappeared, and my skin feels soft and firm.

Sounds unbelievable, I know. I hate when people rave over a product then when I buy it I cannot get the same level of success and satisfaction and then I feel ripped off. But I don't think you will have that experience: the Mia really has been astoundingly beneficial to my skin, and I really look better. Two weeks ago, while dining with seldom-seen friends (who live 3000 mikes away) I mentioned my fiftieth birthday party. One asked when I planned to celebrate it; I replied that it had been four years ago. He was surprised - really surprised - since he thought I looked about eight years younger than I am and at my age, that is nice to hear.

Rate and Discover Movies