Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games

on September 17, 2010
I like the Mia for it's smaller size and portability. My sister has the Clarisonic Plus, but I am much more frugal than she is so I bought the Mia for the better price tag. There are some considerable differences between the 2 products, here are a few:

1) One cycle runs for 1 minute then turns off on the Mia. You are able to set the cycle for the Plus for 1 or 2 minutes. Additionally, the Plus beeps when you are supposed to move to a different area of your face. You can always just run the cycle again on the Mia if it's not long enough though.

2) The Mia is smaller, though the brushhead is the same diameter. The Mia is also much lighter than the Plus.

3) The Mia has a powercord (attaches magnetically to the unit and is waterproof where it attaches), the Plus has a cradle.

4) You cannot use the body brush with the Mia (biggest disadvantage for me, as I didn't realize this when I purchased it).

All in all, if you are just planning to use the brush to cleanse your face and don't need the body brush, then I think the difference between the two doesn't warrant the large hike in price.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 25, 2010
Summary:

My skin problems probably aren't going to be resolved by anything short of prescription medication, so all I expected from the Mia was thorough cleaning and maybe some help with blackheads. The Mia's more than met those expectations. I'll be replacing it if/when it stops working and I definitely recommend it if you have the money - but don't expect miracles for severe acne.

Details:

I'm Asian (Filipino/Chinese) with a medium-olive skin tone. I consider my skin to be fairly strong - toners and AHA products tingle slightly but don't hurt, and I don't have any fine lines or wrinkles at age 38. My skin's very oily and there's a lot of hyperpigmentation. I have severe adult-onset acne due to hormone imbalance - milia on my chin, blackheads on my nose, cystic acne frequently on my cheeks and jawline and infrequently on my forehead (gets worse based on my monthly cycle), and infrequent whiteheads anywhere.

My current skin care regimen is Murad at night and a mild bead-type exfoliator during my morning shower, but I'm not very good at sticking to it - usually I use the Mia in the shower and just remove my makeup at night.

I've been using the Mia since mid-July more or less once a day, every time I wash my face. Here's what I've noticed:

- My skin is still oily - in fact, it almost seems like it's *more* oily because the pores are clearer. Not an issue for me since I discovered Urban Decay's Deslick in a Tube (highly recommended if you have very oily skin!)

- My pores are much less apparent, especially when I'm wearing makeup. Without makeup they still look pretty big to me, but I'm in the habit of studying my face in the mirror from two inches away. I'm comfortable that they're clear and not visible to others, especially if I blot or otherwise manage the oil.

- No or slight effect on hyperpigmentation - some darkening has faded, but it tends to fade for me over a few months anyway.

- No effect on the cystic acne.

- No effect on whitehead frequency or severity.

- The milia, which had persisted for months regardless of treatments, creams, and scrubs, are much reduced, both in appearance and amount. I can still see some bumps, but they're not white, and my chin is smoother. I don't feel like a casual observer would notice anything. This was unexpected and AWESOME - all of my reading about milia led me to believe that they couldn't be removed by anything short of a visit to a professional, so I'd pretty much resigned myself to just dealing with it for a while.

- The blackheads are gone. In the past I had cleared and prevented blackheads with a weekly Biore strip, an overnight mask applied to my nose every other night (every night was too drying), and scrubbing with an exfoliator in the morning. Using the Mia has pretty much eliminated the blackhead issue entirely.

I like the Mia a lot - my skin feels cleaner and smoother in the areas I'm not prone to blemishes. It feels sturdy & comfortable to use. Like other reviewers, I'd be happier if it paused every ten or twenty seconds to help with timing the cleaning. That feature's available with the larger Clarisonic, but frankly I don't really want anything larger than the Mia. I've had no problems with recharging the Mia only weekly.

If you decide to purchase, I'd recommend picking up some makeup remover wipes as well; it's alarming how dirty the brush looks when it's covered with foundation, and I got paranoid that all the makeup on the brush wasn't letting the Mia get my face really clean and ended up washing my face a second time.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 13, 2012
The Clarisonic device was recommended to me by my facialist, who I have begun seeing recently and regularly to get my acne-prone skin ready for my upcoming wedding.

I hemmed and hawed about purchasing it, because it is pricey, but the amount of money I've virtually thrown away on various beauty products to try is ridiculous, so I eventually broke down & got it. Plus, I'm a dedicated Sonicare user, and so knowing this was made by the same developer cinched the deal for me. My pre- and post- Sonicare dental records speak for themselves, so I was hopeful that Clarisonic would be the same thing, but for my face.

The first time I used it, I was disappointed -- reading all of these reviews, I expected nothing less than a magazine photoshoot-ready face by the time I was done, and was sad to see just my average, normal face in the mirror. Although it was clean.

Once I got over my unrealistic expectations, I was able to appreciate the Mia for what it is, and accept it for what it isn't.

It ISN'T a magic bullet -- just buying the Mia and expecting it to suddenly change your (face's) life is silly -- it can't do all of the work on its own. You still have to find a cleanser that works for you, a moisturizer that works for you, etc.

It IS a great enhancer to your skin care routine, though -- I've noticed that my skin does absorb my moisturizer much more easily after using the Mia (I apply moisturizer every time I wash my face, Mia or no Mia), and I'm having to use less of my fancy-schmancy face wash (read: expensive face wash, so I'm saving $$). Using the Mia takes my already good skin care routine and takes it to the next level, so to speak.

Here's what I can say for sure:

1) It's a great size - solid & easy to hold, but not bulky. The waterproof-ness of it is a great feature

2) It feels excellent on the face. If you've used Sonicare, it's very similar -- that sonic vibrate-y goodness makes you feel like you're getting a facial massage.

3) It leaves your face feeling silky-smooth. That much I noticed after the first use. I never would have said that my skin was "dry" or "flaky" before, but that's because I didn't realize how smooth it could be!

4) Your face gets clean. Is this because the "sonic technology" is vibrating the dirt right out of your pores, or because you're just washing your face for longer than usual? I don't know, and I don't really care. Just like the Sonicare forced me to be a better tooth-brusher, the Mia makes me a better face-washer, which has its own benefits, including cleaner skin which leads to more rejuvenated cells, less breakouts, etc. Perhaps I could achieve the same result with a washcloth and a full 60 to 90 seconds of scrubbing, but I won't, because I just am too lazy for that. Did I just admit I'd rather spend $120 on a gadget to wash my face for me because I'm too lazy to do it myself? Yes, yes I did.

5) The Mia has, as of yet, failed to give me the airbrushed look I was hoping to get (based on other reviews). So that's a bummer.

It's just a really good cleansing wand, and I have no doubt that it is doing lots of good things for my skin, because it's part of an entire good-skin regiment. I don't regret the purchase at all, and really love using my Mia.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 24, 2013
I received this and followed directions to fully charge. It said there would be a light indicating when fully charged and it would also pulse twice after unplugging when fully charged, neither of which happened. Could not find a light and after two days of charging, it would only pulse once. I called Clarisonic customer service from the user's guide included in the pkg. After listening to my concerns, the service rep. was going to set me up with a warranty so I would be covered if it was defective. After reading the serial number to her at the base of the handle, she said it was a knock-off, not authentic, they don't use numbers like that. She said to be assured it is the real product, you need to buy directly from them. Do not buy from this supplier!! -- shame on you.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
My facial tone and complexion has greatly improved since I began
using the clarisonic twice a day. It's water tight so you can take it in the shower
with you. I bought one for both of my daughters, they love it. It truly is worth every penny,
my face creams work better since the clarisonic gently brushes away dead skin and improves
circulation.
on April 1, 2012
When I became convinced I wanted to go for the Clarisonic I decided to go BIG -- and I bought the Clarisonic Pro, because the variable speeds and the body brush appealed to me. I did love the Clarisonic and used it regularly. However, I soon grew tired of the timing feature and didn't really see the need for a special body brush. I ended up selling it on ebay and buying this model of the Clarisonic. It does everything I need it to do and is lighter, takes up less room and is just as effective.

I'm posting this review in case others are on the fence about the different models. For me, bigger was not better and I could have saved myself some serious cash by going with the mia, which, by the way, I love!
on January 15, 2011
I received the Mia as a Christmas gift and I love to use it in the shower. I do have one concern though and you who are reading this and thinking about buying one should know: when you charge it (and you're supposed to for 24hrs upon first use)it MAKES NOISE. It makes a small, pulsing, chirping noise like a cricket. This may not be a problem for those of you with big houses where you can plug it in to charge somewhere far away from where you are, say, trying to sleep. But if you have an apartment and don't have that option, argh! Annoying. Otherwise, it is a good product (I just don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to have it chirp annoyingly while it is charging).
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 31, 2010
I received this as a gift and was skeptical it would be worth its price. I saw significant change in the tone and clarity of my skin in less than a month. The clincher was when others complimented my skin, unprompted. I was also hesitant to add yet another step to my skin care routine but it's very quick and easy. I would recommend it to anyone thinking about purchasing this.
on March 30, 2011
I cannot believe the difference in my skin after using the Mia for 1 1/2 months. This winter I experienced extremely dry skin that could not be helped no matter how much moisturizer I used. I experienced occasional blackheads and unsightly pores. My major problem with most cleansers is that I have a mild case of rosacea that does not necessitate special treatment but can result in irritation with strong cleansers.

My routine is as follows. Every morning, I use Clinique dramatically different moisturizer followed by my Smashbox makeup. In the evening, I remove my eye makeup using neutrogena eye makeup remover.Then I use my Mia with Neutrogena gentle cleanser. I use the delicate brush for my MIa because the sensitive one that it came with was just a little too much for me. After washing my face, I pat it with a towel so that it is just slightly damp and apply my Clinique moisturizer in a heavy coat.

To say that my skin has improved is a gross understatement. My hair stylist actually commented on how great my skin looks. This is a huge compliment from someone who is up close and personal with faces all day long. My pores are practically invisible, and I have absolutely no acne. The problem with flaky skin has disappeared, and my skin looks younger than it has in years.

The only wish I have for my Mia is that it would have a timer to indicate when to move from one part of the face to another. My sister's Plus has that, and she loves it.
on March 20, 2013
Buyer beware. Not a real Clarisonic. Found out after I tried to register the product on the clarisonic website and the ID# did not work. Called the company and they confirmed it was not a real Clarisonic. Also, the metal prongs were covered in rust after 1 month of use.