5.0 out of 5 stars Corded Phone very ELDERLY FRIENDLY and I like it too!, January 18, 2012
This review is from: 54000.001 Amplified Telephone 50dB (Electronics)
We purchased this phone for my mother because the buttons are HUGE and it has eleven programmable buttons with spaces large enough to write LEGIBLE names that mom can actually read. It does not have a digital display which in mom's case was another GOOD feature. It has the function buttons for volume and tone easily visible right on the face of the phone rather than lost on the side somewhere.

There is a blue button which comes pre-programmed with a toll free number to call the CLARITY phone manufacturer in the event someone using the phone needs INSTRUCTIONS on how to USE the phone! We found this quite helpful in the beginning! If you find this button unnecessary it can be re-programmed to provide a twelfth programmable button.

The "talking" feature is great for older folks who are not in a hurry! The spoken numbers can be extremely helpful and mom likes them because she can verify her accuracy. However, for my taste, it slows me up too much so when I am using the phone I just turn it upside down and flip that feature off.

ALL the user changeable features are available via buttons rather than any type of "programming". The only thing requiring the use of the "program" button is entering of the phone numbers into the memory buttons. Makes it very simple. The most COMMONLY used function controls are on the face with Ringer Setting on the side. There are individual ports to plug in both "headset" and "neckloop" on the side. On the bottom there are on off switches for the other features. All of these features are clearly marked!

We looked at a LOT of Elderly Friendly phones before choosing this one. We did not shop online. We went to a store that specializes in these types of phones because I wanted to feel the phone and TEST the phone before buying it. This phone won out over all the others because the clarity is excellent and I liked the BOOST feature to increase the sound level of the incoming callers voice AS WELL AS the ability to DECREASE the OUTGOING voice level of the person talking on this phone.

This is an excellent phone for someone with VISION and HEARING issues! There is also a BRIGHT RED LIGHT BAR that BLINKS when a call comes in...as does the "speaker phone" button to make the speakerphone easy to find when answering the phone! This is extremely helpful if you want to keep the ringer volume low so as to not disturb the rest of the household!

Compared to some of the other choices, this phone feels sturdy and durable. We find the speaker phone works very well. The whole phone seems well designed for ease of use. The ONLY feature that keeps me from saying this is the MOST PERFECT phone I've ever used is the REDIAL BUTTON. Personally I use the redial button a lot and I certainly use the redial button a great deal more than the Hold/program button. Therefore, I would have preferred that they put the REDIAL button on the far LEFT so it's the first available button! Instead it is located between the HOLD and BOOST buttons. So, what I did was make a big dot with a permanent marker and now the redial button is easier to identify. ONLY PROBLEM EASILY SOLVED.

The HUGE buttons seem funny at first because they slow down the finger a bit...but for people who are not in a hurry it's a fine phone! Originally we bought this for my mother but she is now in a wheelchair and prefers her wireless so she can take it wherever she in her chair. Her wireless phone is also a Clarity Brand Phone which I should also write a review for because it is also a fabulous phone for Elderly or anyone wanting an old fashioned, larger wireless phone!

I am now using this corded phone for myself which is what prompted me to write this review a year after we bought it! I would RE-purchase this phone for myself because of the great speaker phone! I hope this is a helpful review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my 85 yr old mother, January 2, 2013
This review is from: 54000.001 Amplified Telephone 50dB (Electronics)
Bought this for my 85 yr old mother who really dislikes anything new and anything considered 'technology'. She is hard of hearing and says the tone of a voice can also determine if she can make out what someone is saying. The tone adjustment feature on this phone is great. She said that made a huge difference in understanding. The boost button surprised her as to how loud it made the call. it's very easy to adjust for others who don't have a hearing problem, and can be set to automatically 'boost' the volume the next time it rings or is used so mom didn't have to readjust anything.it not only rang loudly, but it flashed. It was also very easy to put numbers into the memory - 2 steps and it was done so she only needs to push 1 button to call her regulars! A great phone that I would highly recommend! I think she didn't want to like it ------ but she did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Have given 2 as gifts, June 3, 2013
This review is from: 54000.001 Amplified Telephone 50dB (Electronics)
I could not easily keep in touch without these amplified phones. The State of Minnesota gives one free to each household, too, with qualifying income. I have 4 in my house and gave 2 as gifts.

54000.001 Amplified Telephone 50dB