5.0 out of 5 stars Great telephone for the elderly
Published on March 29, 2012 by Stanley L. Mathes

1.0 out of 5 stars Clarity 1000 "Amplified" telephone
Ring couldn't be heRD WHEN i WAS next to the phone. Spoken sounds kept cutting in and out. Thi is my THIRD Clarity phone ht' been bad right out of the box..
Published 20 months ago by artnsong

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great telephone for the elderly, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Clarity C1000 26dB Amplified Corded Telephone (Office Product)
This phone works great for my elderly aunt. The ring is loud and the programmable buttons are easy for her to use. Everyone at her nursing home wanted to know where we got it. We had it sent to our home in VA, programmed it and then sent it off to her in OH. It works great and even though she is very hard of hearing we can communicate with her and she can hear the phone ring,.

5.0 out of 5 stars A phone that works, December 8, 2012
David (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This was my third attempt to find a phone that actually works.

This is simple phone that feels well built. Sound is clear, amplification works well. No AC adapter required. I replaced the small cord with a 25 foot cord and hung it on the wall. It is a blessing to hear each call clearly.

5.0 out of 5 stars telephone, May 15, 2012
i like this product
it was very useful.
we can now hear clear.
it was a reasonable price.
ringtone is clear and loud
it was in a secured package.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Gift!!, January 18, 2013
P. Foster (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this phone for my elderly mother and she couldn't be happier.

She told me that the ring quality and range was excellent... and she loves the "red light" feature that
flashes whenever there's an incoming call.

I definitely made the right purchasing decision with the Clarity C1000...it was the perfect gift!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loses stored speed dial numbers if unplugged for several hours, September 13, 2013
This phone draws power from the telephone line. You cannot add batteries to the phone.

If you unplug the phone from the telephone line, or lose phone service, after several hours the speed dial numbers that were programmed into the memory will be lost, and will have to be entered into the memory again.

The Amazon customer review dated March 29, 2012, which currently is listed at the top of the list of "most helpful reviews," says that you can program the speed dial numbers, and then leave the phone unplugged for several days, and the phone will not lose the programming. That is NOT correct.

The phone's User Guide says that you can store 10 frequently dialed numbers in the phone's memory, and that "Your new Clarity phone must charge for two hours before you can program any numbers into it." The User Guide also says:

"LOSS OF NUMBERS PROGRAMMED INTO MEMORY
Your Clarity phone will maintain its memory for up to 12 hours during a power loss. If you unplug the phone from the telephone line for long periods, or lose your phone service for an extended period of time, you will need to reprogram the phone."

5.0 out of 5 stars Telephone for mom, December 26, 2012
Read a lot of reviews and selected this phone. It has been in use for a few days; it's easy for mom to use and really does amplify the sound...makes her phone experience so much better!! The number buttons are large and it was easy for me to program! Recommend this for someone who is hard of hearing based on my current experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice phone, April 22, 2013
This phone is so much good, I bought it for my aunt because she can't hear so much, now she is so happy. It really works. Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Telephones for hearing impaired, December 21, 2012
Alison J. Beatty (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
It is not perfect, but meets my needs. There is occasional background noise, but I can usually heart the person I am talking to, The product arrive within the expected time period

1.0 out of 5 stars Clarity 1000 "Amplified" telephone, April 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Amplified Phone, March 27, 2014
This phone does everything it is advertised to do very well. At 84, with somewhat diminished hearing, I needed a phone with an amplifier. Their variable control for boosting the sound works beautifully. I can now hear the softest of callers. Love the oversize keypad as well. Price was right. Vendor shipped in a timely fashion. Typical positive Amazon shopping experience.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›