Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

• Customer Reviews

on January 9, 2007
Without this phone, my mother, who is 90 and in a nursing home, would not be able to make calls to her family.

My mother suffers partial memory loss and hand tremors, some vision impairment. She is not able to dial regular numbers, but is able to push the one button needed on this phone to make a call. The night light (which comes on when the phone rings) and volume adjustments are all very helpful.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2007
This item was purchased as a Christmas gift for my Mom. She is 83 and has altzheimers. The order came within a week. I did not open the box until after Christmas. Everything was perfect. The buttons are very easy to use. Instructions are clearly written. There is an amplify button that is a different color than the rest. My Mom loves that button because she is also hard of hearing. I have not inserted our photos yet but there is a template that makes that easy also. Prior to using or instead of using the template, there is a generic label. I am very please with this product. It has only been used for the passed few weeks but has worked flawlessly.

The only thing I would have liked to see improved on this phone is the red alert light for an incoming call. Movement of the red light would have drawn the user's eye to the ringing phone.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2006
I ordered this for my parents. It looked like the perfect answer for them, big buttons, adjustable volume. I received it and tried it out at my house where it worked perfectly. I preprogrammed the keys, made a fancy photo template and inserted it, then packaged it up and mailed it off to my folks. I had a trip planned to visit them two weeks later, so they left it sitting there waiting for me to arrive and install it. Two weeks later, when I arrived, I hooked it up and it worked for a little while, then it stopped working. I fiddled with the wires and it hissed and crackled, worked a bit, then quit, worked and quit. After some more fiddling I figured out that the switch-hook on the phone was not working correctly. I would lift the handset, then touch the switch-hook and it would stop working, then touch the switch-hook again and it would start working. Something was definitely wrong with the switch-hook inside the phone. I disassembled the unit all the way down to the circuit board. Hey, I'm an engineer, if it needs a little soldering I am up to the job. But I found that the switch-hook component itself was defective. It would sometimes work, but then quit when I barely touched it, or tapped it on the side, then another tap and it would hiss and crackle and sometime start working again.

Overall, this is a disappointing product. At the price it wasn't worth mailing it back home so that I could then prepare the paperwork and re-mail it back for refund. We just threw the thing away and got a big button phone from the local Radio Shack. If it breaks my parents can take it back.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 28, 2008
As my grandfather continues on his journey of dementia, he is slowly loosing the ability to use the telephone and dial 7-digit telephone numbers to contact family members.

With the aid of the Internet, we were able to locate a source for this user-friendly telephone to assist him at this most needed time in his life. All he needs to remember is to pick up the receiver, push a picture of the person he wants to talk to (via speed dial), and wait until someone answers at the other end before starting a conversation.

This, of course, is not a solution to his eminent decline, but is a much-needed tool to assist him in his daily life activities.

The phone has functioned exceptionally. It is very easy to set up and to use. I give this phone system a very high recommendation. And thank the company for offering such a service.
on August 23, 2006
We purchased this phone for my great aunt a year and a half ago. It includes a one-year factory warranty. Unfortunately, now that it is 1.5 years old, it is no longer functional. While I am not impressed with a telephone with such a short lifespan, my great aunt is insistent that we buy her a new one because she dearly loved it. During that year and a half, it worked splendidly for her. She has troubles with her sight and hearing along with motor controls, and the phone aided her in all of those areas. I wish that the product were more durable and long-lasting, but it does do exactly what it asserts to do for the period of time in which it is warranted to do it.
on April 5, 2008
I purchased this phone for my mother who is 89. It is perfect for her. It has large easy to see and easy to push numbers. The memory auto dial has the option of placing pictures of the person being called beneath the button, so she does not have to read a name or remember which number goes with which person. I have placed my picture and the picture of my two brothers each under a selected button and programed the respective button with the number for that person. Of course there is the autodial button to push for an emergency ~ it is lit at all times with a small red light. For the hard of hearing, there are a varity of settings for the ring volume and the handset volume (ear piece). In addition, when the phone rings a red light across the entire base of the phone flashes, alerting the hard of hearing person that the phone is ringing. The phone is solid,well made, easy to use and has a clear crisp sound for the listener. I would highly recommend this phone for the elderly, sight or hearing impaired, or a mentally/physically handicapped person who finds using a regular phone difficult.
on July 23, 2010
We are so unhappy with this phone, that we are sending it back and taking a loss. We bought this phone for its amplifier mode for my older Mom who has trouble hearing. However when you pick up the hand piece, each time you have to press the amplifier button to amplify the sound. An older person does not understand to do this. I wish they had verified this in the discription, so I would of purchased a different phone, and I would not be taking a loss right now, due to 30 day return policy. Needless to say, in the future we need better descriptions of the products.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2009
I thought this phone would be great for my Mom and Stepdad (both 80 years old) whom we moved into assisted living last week. I think the large buttons are great, but as far as the pictures go, it was a nice thought, but the pictures are so small, it's hard to tell who is in them. At their age it seems that any new gadget just confuses them more. Would have been nice to have some way to stick the photo's on the buttons. I ended up using sticky dots from Michael's.
on January 18, 2007
I purchased this as an xmas gift for my grandmother, who has Alzheimers. While the concept is good, the execution is a little off. The phone feels very cheap, and I imagine it won't hold up to too many falls off the nightstand. The worst problem, however, is its lack of battery for memory -- it loses its programming every time it's unplugged!

A smart company would produce a similar product with a higher standard of quality and make out like a bandit.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2007
I was a little skeptical about purchasing this product based on other reviews that cited technical snafus, but since my need for big buttons as well as big speed dial buttons outweighed the potential problems, I bought it and it has worked for my mother exactly as described.