5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase ever !!!!!!!!!!!!
I run a business where 90% of my customers are women, I have had a hard time hearing them due to my diminished hearing and tinitus and was forever asking them to repeat themselves to a point where it became embarassing. I needed a phone with louder volume and discovered
Published 23 months ago by Jo Woodfine

1.0 out of 5 stars Clarity PAL = No Friend of Mine
Published 11 months ago by Michael M. Roche

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase ever !!!!!!!!!!!!, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Clarity PAL Amplified Mobile Phone - Unlocked - US Warranty - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
the Clarity Pal after some research. Let me tell you, I no longer have to close my eyes to try and enhance my hearing or try to jamb the
speaker down my ear canal. This baby is just like the review says LOUD ! if you are like me and just need a phone to make and receive calls you can't do better than this

5.0 out of 5 stars Great senior phone, November 13, 2012
I purchased this for my parents in their 90's and it's has turned out to a Godsent. Mom doesn't see well and was challenged by even the most simplest of phones. My dad has lost much of his hearing and was giving up talking on the phone. This phone is incredibly loud even without pushing the boost button. It has three presets on the front and one emergency on the back. You do have to push and hold down the button for a few seconds since the buttons are multitasking. They were current Sprint customers but Sprint was not compatible with the phone. I switched to AT&T and all the sales clerks were exclaiming over the phone how they wish the store would sell them because they are wonderful and they were going to purchase one for their parents. When you dial it, it actually speaks back the numbers you press. The only negative is that you have to go on line to figure out how to program it because it is not intuitive. There is only a quick reference card that comes with the phone and it doesn't show how to program the M1,M2, M3 and emergency buttons or use any of the other advanced features.

1.0 out of 5 stars Clarity PAL = No Friend of Mine, October 4, 2013
This device is NOT ready for Prime Time... it's a beta-release at best. While I acknowledge the potential benefits of having the device "read" the phone book entries out loud for the benefit of those with visual impairments, it's mind-numbing to realize the programmers did not bother to put in a way to turn that feature "OFF" for the rest of us who do not want to have our phone book read to us. Other software glitches...date is displayed in what I would consider military-style DD/MM/YY = 14-09-13 with no option to have it displayed in standard MM/DD/YY format. This was the ONLY phone I could find buried deep within AT&T's website that they "recommend" for people with disabilities. As an indication of the lack of support this phone has received, the folks who work at the AT&T store (several of them employed there for more than 10 years) had never even heard of or ever saw this big-button device. Don't bother. It's a waste of time and energy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my 86 year old mother, January 30, 2013
She's very happy with this phone as it as all the features she needs: large buttons, large TYPE on the screen, very clear sound at high amplification. She doesn't tend to wear her hearing aids much anymore (since getting on oxygen -- too many things around her ears and it's uncomfortable) but with this phone it doesn't matter if she doesn't have them in, she can still hear very well, and conduct her phone calls with ease. Definitely recommended.
8 March 2013 - UPDATE: The phone has gone into Emergency Mode and there is no help manual step that will take it out of Emergency mode, so we are requesting a replacement under the manufacturer's warranty. I'll keep you updated as to their responsiveness.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, but.. cannot turn off phonebook talk back and cannot edit voicemail number, July 5, 2013
sergey Bogdanov (Acton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I bought the phone for my mother in law. It has a right set of features for elderly person with some hearing loss.

However, when I tried to set it up, i run into an annoying feature: the phone book of the phone starts pronouncing phone numbers for every entry in a loud and very slow voice. No way to change volume. No way to turn the feature off. I was in an email conversation with the customer support and they told me that it was impossible to turn it off for the "new version" of the phone.

In a while i found another issue. While setting the voice mail the phone asked me about the voice mail number which i provided. It turned out to be an incorrect number and i needed to change it. Bummer, there is no way to edit it. Costumer support did not know how to reset it either. Even removing the battery and waiting for 30 min (suggested by customer service) did not reset it. I'm trying to wait longer, to see if it could help.

As a result i have to return the phone, just to not able to reset the voice mail. it is ridiculous.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Annoying Read Aloud, August 19, 2013
TMZ "TMZ" (Alpharetta, GA) - See all my reviews
The phone can be fine except that it does not easily show the numbers in the phone book. It reads them aloud in English instead. Imagine your elderly parent trying to look up a number while in a public place? Worse, the numbers are always read in English even when you set the language to Spanish or French; the two other languages "available".
Other limitations include the difficulty with which a user can pull out call history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone for the hearing-impaired, October 1, 2012
I bought this phone for my mother, who has severe hearing loss (even with her hearing aids). She loves it after not being able to use a cell phone for the last several years. Very basic features, and the phone book / contacts could be made even more user friendly for an older senior citizen, but all-in-all, a great choice for the hearing-impaired.

3.0 out of 5 stars Echo, May 21, 2013
My elderly mother can hear on the phone. The problem is that there is an echo for those of us talking to her.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what was needed, February 2, 2014
We gave this phone to my 93 year old father in law for Christmas. He only can hear out of his right ear and not very well at that even with a hearing aid. He still conducts business and is very sharp so finding a cell phone in which he can talk and hear with was vital. This one is great and he seems quite satisfied with it. AT*T upgraded his sim card in his older flip phone for this one and he is a happy man. Buttons are large and volume can be boosted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised, having trouble getting refund, June 29, 2013
This item was presented as being really loud for hearing impaired persons (no decibel increase stated) but in fact, it is not capable of helping anyone with more than a moderate hearing loss. I have a 100 decibel loss so couldn't hear anything on it. After receiving their acceptance of my request to return it, I became ill and was unable to return it within the 10 day
period they set for expiration of the RMA # they assigned to it. After recovering, I e-mailed them to send me a new RMA number so I could return the phone but they have not responded. I am really disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›