Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clark Howard's Living Large in Lean Times: 250+ Ways to Buy Smarter, Spend Smarter, and Save Money
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Showing 1-10 of 138 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on August 9, 2011
I follow Clark Howard via podcasts and I check out his web site frequently. He is full of great ideas and tips, delivered in a relaxed and friendly manner. I really get the feeling of Clark's sincerity. Not only do I learn a lot from him, but it feels good at the same time. I read almost all the financial literature and I keep up to date on finance and investment. Even so, I am constantly learning new things and tips from Clark, as he keeps his info fresh and updated. Clark has saved me a BUNCH of money. Yes, a lot of the information is available on his web site and (free) podcasts. But some people want to read a book, they don't follow this stuff like some of us do. This book is another method for Clark to reach people, and it's a great read. Clark states on his podcast frequently where, when and how one can buy his book at a discount or to check the book out at the library. But if you like to collect good books, like I do, then this is a great addition to your collection!
on August 5, 2011
Clark's book (pre-ordered from Amazon.com) arrived in the mail on Tuesday, August 2. Five minutes after opening the cover to begin reading, I was online signing up for a $120 reduction in the cost of my husband's prescription drug, using Clark's advice on page 104 to visit the drug website for a co pay card. Talk about a great return on my investment of less than $11 for a book! Can't wait to dig a little deeper and see what other tips he has. Thanks, Clark!
on November 22, 2011
This book has paid for itself many times over. It's a quick read, and I took tons of notes, which saved me tons of money. Here are some of the areas which this book has benefited me:
- Finding money (lost money websites)
- Healthcare credit reports
- HUD refund
- Home mortgage fraud
- Inventorying my home
- Best credit card
- Credit card freezes
- Monitoring my kids
- Cheap eye glasses (I picked up a couple of pairs up for $7 each!)
- Coupon codes
- Grocery deals
- How to make razor last a year
- Car recalls
- Cheaper internet
- Deals of the day
- Price protector alerts
- Black Friday shopping
- Peer to peer lending

This book is well organized and easy to read. If there is a topic that you are interested in, you can go right to that place in the book via the index.

If you would like to save some money, this is the book for you.
on December 12, 2011
I borrowed a copy of Clark Howard's latest book, "Living Large in Lean Times" from my local library but it is so full of useful information that I knew my allotted time of three weeks worth of borrowing it just wouldn't be enough. I took notes as I perused the book and planned on "renewing" my borrowing time for an add'l three weeks. However, my notes soon became multiple pages and there were so many spots I wanted to put an asterisk by in the book, add my own notes, etc., that I decided I needed my own copy. Very rare for me to buy a book, I almost always just borrow from the library. I found a used on Amazon (why buy new when used is available and cheaper?). I could've bought one and w/the shipping paid a certain amount, but by buying three (all used), they qualified as "free shipping" articles so I got three for the price of two! I'm keeping one for myself for Christmas and giving two to my twin sister and brother! What a deal! Clark Howard is one of my heros, saving me $ over the years and offering wonderful info and tips, I just can't say enough. I would purchase Clark Howard stock if I could!
on November 25, 2011
This guide (if I may call it that), is such a book of revelation that I couldn't put it down. Going back over it, I made many notes and every web site he gives is actually a REAL live site!! Thank you Mr Clark, enjoying your book and its good to see a Georgian do so well!!.

John R
on September 4, 2011
Clark Howard has done it again. This book is a must read!! I used his advise for finding money and have already located some lost funds in a state where I previously lived. Don't forget when you move to retrieve any utility down payments that you made when you moved in. Thanks Clark!!
on October 31, 2011
Living below poverty since the death of my husband and careing for my 87 year old mother I have learned to live a happy life with less. This brilliant man has changed my happy life to a feel of vacation living. God bless him for these wonderful perspectives on ways to stretch a little a long way!!!!
on August 31, 2011
I purchased this book for my grand-daughter who will marry in a few months. I have looked thru the book and feel that it covers just about anything they might need to know.It should offer them a bit of security in starting out with financial responsibilities.At the back of the book there is a list of a great many web sites for further information.
on November 9, 2011
I am not a penny pincher but here lately I have had to cut back a good bit to adjust to the recession. I watch Clark Howard on HLN and when I heard about this book I immediately bought it and read it. It is extremely easy to read and the tips he gives his readers are useful; even if you only pick a couple of suggestions/tips/deals you can still save a good bit. Following through with even one of his suggestions pays for the book itself. The overall tone of his book speaks to you like a genuinely concerned friend giving you advice on ways to save money. I am not sure how many pages I have bookmarked but it's quite a bit and I urge anyone looking to cut back or save money to take time to buy, read, and utilize his tips.
on October 28, 2011
Clark covers all the bases in this book. If it involves consumer spending, he's got it covered.
Tons of excellent advice for everyone. I wish I'd gotten this book years ago. Not all of his advice may apply to your situation, but most of it will, and you will thank yourself for buying it. It has become a well used reference and source of satisfaction in my library.