4.0 out of 5 stars Just a beginner, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
I've always wanted to learn to play an instrument, but never had the patience to practice practice practice. I picked up a Clarke Sweetone D at my local music shop on a whim. I learned to play amazing grace in 2 days.

This whistle is hard to play in the lowest octave. It takes VERY little air. So little, its hard to get any volume. I noticed some moisture leaking out from between the fipple and the tin body of the whistle, so I knew air had to be getting out through there. So I pulled the fipple off, wrapped the end of the whistle with silicone plumbers tape, and jammed the fipple back on. That made it a little easier to play the low octave.

I'm already looking at one of the higher quality whistles.

God bless!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introductory whistle, October 13, 2013
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
I was impressed with this whistle; I enjoy the "airy" sound it produces, compared to other whistles I purchased. The only issue I have is that it is a little difficult to produce the low D because it requires so little air.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique tone, February 9, 2014
John C. Nielson "John the Draft Horse" (Distal Thropplethwaite, Wheat Ridge, Colorado) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
with the conical bore they have a sweet tone, have a slightly shorter finger span and take less air than a standard Generation whistle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to play and nice sounds, February 15, 2013
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
I was comparing a lot of different tin whistles and ended up with this one. It has a clear and pretty sound. Also as a first time player, it was easy to make decent sound. Enjoy practicing and playing it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the musically challenged, June 2, 2014
Giles "DMG" (San Antonio, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
This is a real musical instrument, not just some child's toy. I haven't touched a musical instrument since quitting the Saxaphone in 8th grade 20 yrs ago. I am not musically talented and have no great talent in singing. I have been playing it for about 3 weeks now (also picked up the Mel Bay instruction book) and I have LOVED every moment of it. My wife (who is a great violinist and singer) has said my pitch while singing has greatly improved as I have been playing. I am not very good, but I have been learning to read music and am able to pick away at fun songs I've found online (ie. leaving on a jet plane, Yesterday, Picard's song from Star Trek TNG) and I can play more than a dozen songs from my hymnal in a way that others recognize what I'm playing! I continue to search for music and have another book of songs with a CD on the way from Amazon now. Great price for a wonderful and fun instrument. It is not perfect though. 2 different tuners say that the tuning is not the greatest. If you are a professional and need a perfectly tuned instrument, spend the money it takes to get one. Otherwise, enjoy this amazing flute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
The perfect whistle for beginners or even an advanced player. It is subtle and flute-like in the lower octave and has that pure sweetness in the upper octave. Easy to get the breath pressure correct at any pitch. It can be a little airy sounding at times but the best whistle I've played overall.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I Would Have Ordered an Instruction Manual, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
I like the Sweetone. I wish I had order an instruction book though. It is easy to play but the amount of wind changes the tone and I need music to follow to pick up a tune.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Fun, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
I have always wanted to learn an instrument, and this allowed me to try one out with little cash outlay. It's also very easy to learn and simple to carry around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud and clear!, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
These can dent if handled roughly.
You can make great sounds / tunes with these.
Loud and clear.
Parks whistles have a bit more mellow tone which is just a personal preference....

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad Whistle for the money, May 9, 2014
nelsojm (Wisconsin, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black (Electronics)
The Clarke Sweetone tin whistle in D plays easily with a pretty nice tone for the money. Intonation is so-so. Good for just tooting around at home. Very fast service.

Clarke Sweetone D Whistle - Black