4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, unique styling
Published on May 31, 2007 by Glenn D. Noyes

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent shoe but nothing to write home about
I ordered this shoe expecting it to be much more comfortable than a regular dress shoe because of all the positive reviews. Some of those reviews even said these shoes were as comfortable as a sneaker but after receiving the shoes I think those were exaggerations. These shoes are similar to the Rockports I owned previously and are not more or less comfortable...
Published 12 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, unique styling, May 31, 2007
Glenn D. Noyes "drumeister" (Redondo Beach, California) - See all my reviews
I tracked these down in Black after buying a pair in brown a couple months previous. What attracted me to them was the unique stitch styling and the immediate comfort from the first day. They did not require any break in time. They can be a casual or dress shoe. The sole material is soft and is very easy on the feet. They run a little wide which is good for me. Highly recommended for anyone that has to wear a dressier shoe but wants the extra comfort of casual features and great fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, very comfortable shoes. But they squeek., December 23, 2008
Jack S Beck (Along the Coast, USA) - See all my reviews
These shoes are very good.

They look good, especially in brown.
They are very comfortable. One could practically go jogging in these shoes.

The only negative is that they can squeak - which I hate. This particular shoe does NOT have a rubber (out)sole, but instead has a plastic one -- excuse me, "polyurethane."

That is the only drawback.

I bought a pair of the brown ones after seeing my friend's pair. He likes to be comfortable at work, so he also bought a pair of the black ones. The shoes does look good - though personally, I think the brown one looks much nicer than the black - the real value is in their comfort level.

Finally, these shoes fit quite well / true-to-size (in a size 9). I have average feet (maybe even slightly narrow?), but they are comfy. They are, apparently wide, for those who wear wide. My friend must wear wide shoes and in these shoes he could even wear down a size (from 10.5 to 9.5) as his feet are still comfortable in these. (So, if you normally wear wide shoes, you should be comfortable in these.)

Hope this review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking on a cloud, September 5, 2007
Cheryl Chappell (Tupelo, Mississippi United States) - See all my reviews
I bought these for my husband. He walks on cement flooring and stands a lot. He says he feels like he is walking on a cloud with these shoes on. They are soooo comfortable!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Shoes! Great for work, November 9, 2006
I bought this shoes after reading many positive reviews. My work requires me to stand for a prolonged period of the day. I have bought many other name branded shoes such as Kenneth Cole, Cold Hann (with nike hybrid, Boss..etc..they are not as comfortable as Clarks. I give this shoes a nice 5* and i refer to others too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best damn shoes I have ever owned!, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On (Shoes)
As a broke student, I have a very small budget and must adhere to a small variety of cheap big 5 and cheap specials at rack room shoes stores.

But this time, I had won the lottery by finding out I had 100 dollars on my bank account...

So I said to my self wow I need to get me some decent shoes, and after reading the many reviews of this product; I decided to give them a try.

I was not disappointed at all.

Even breaking them in was not painful at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Was skeptical of all the positive reviews, but am now a believer, April 6, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On (Shoes)
Wanted to replace a very comfortable, but now worn-out pair of brown casual/dress slip-on shoes that my wife bought for me at a local Stein Mart (alas, our Stein Mart no longer sells men's shoes!). Found these - I own a similar pair of Clark's slip ons in black, and they're OK... was a little skeptical of the rave reviews. Then, today, they arrived. Right out of the box they're a perfect fit (I have a narrow foot!) and extremely comfortable. The stitching and design elements are funky and cool. These are casual enough for jeans, and classy enough for khakis and a blazer. Amazon had them for 33% less than other online merchants. Very nice!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-Ons, December 16, 2007
This review is from: Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On (Shoes)
I bought these shoes for my 14 year old who wears a size 14. I wanted something a little stylish but comfortable. He really likes the style and he says they are really really comfortable. My only comment is that they run a little big, so I would order one size down. I should have ordered a size 13.

But as always, Clarks continue to be a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes for Work, December 12, 2012
Brandon (La Habra CA) - See all my reviews
I'm typically on my feet for 9+ hours a day at work and these are great. They provide the support your feet need, very light weight, and are stylish. I also like these shoes since they dont leave black marks on cabinets or on the tile floors as cheap shoes do. On a side note they do run big for a slip on, so these ones I exchanged for size 12 where I'm normally a 13 but Amazon is awesome they returned it for free, gave me the same deal for the new ones, and even credited me back for the old ones prior to them receiving them. Great job Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all-purpose shoe., December 2, 2008
bjimminy (Philadelphia Suburbs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On (Shoes)
I've had several pairs of very comfortable, long-lasting Clarks shoes. These are my favorites. They are soft and comfortable fresh from the box, and they have a surface that doesn't scuff easily. They provide good support in the arch. I find them comfortable for standing and walking around all day. As others have commented, they do run a little bit big. I usually wear a 14, but wear a 13 in these and most other Clarks shoes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent shoe but nothing to write home about, February 10, 2014
Amazon Customer (MO United States) - See all my reviews

I would say the inserts have slightly more cushion in the heel than the Rockport Adiprene inserts, I actually purchased different inserts for my Rockports because I didn't like the Adiprene ones. The Clark inserts are a bit strange because I am used to having a raised section at the arch area but the Clark inserts have a raised section in the heel that is even on both sides (kind of hard to explain in text). I think it was comfortable though but didn't have them long enough to experience it long term.

These shoes didn't fit me right because there was a slight space in the heel area, but the toe area fit perfectly. If I get a half size smaller the toe area would most likely be too small and the shoe would then be too tight. All in all this was a decent shoe but nothing that sets it apart from other ones. I decided to return these shoes because I was on a quest to find a pair of office shoes that are as close to a sneaker as possible and also because it didn't fit quite right. After more extensive reading the next pair I will try will be Dunham.

Clarks Men's Escalade Slip-On