5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent urban/casual shoe
Published on February 8, 2008 by Edward Barett

2.0 out of 5 stars Where has the quality gone?
Published 17 months ago by Jeffery S.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent urban/casual shoe, February 8, 2008
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
Materials are first class, has an attractive design and ankle support is pretty good. I chose the "oily brown" model and it looks very well, almost like the picture. For being a boot, it is truly comfortable and feels almost like a shoe. If you're planning it for heavy duty activities, then you should reconsider this option(i find the outer get scratched somewhat easily). Overall a good product, i would highly recommend it for casual/urban wear purposes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where has the quality gone?, October 10, 2013
Jeffery S. (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
I tried two pairs of these Clarks Roar boots, and was disappointed with both of them. While the look and the fit is fantastic, the quality just isn't up to par with the price (or the reputation). The heel on the sole of the first pair started to literally flake apart after wearing them just a few times. I exchanged them for another pair, and the replacement pair had small dents in the toe cap that wouldn't hold the otherwise smooth shape of the toe. Very disappointing, since I'd heard such great things about Clarks and really do love the way they look and the fit was perfect. Sorry Clarks, I gave you two shots and you failed both.

UPDATE:
I received an email from Clarks, asking me to call their customer care line to explain my experience in more detail. I did, and after talking with a very nice customer service rep, they offered to send me out a new pair of Roar boots free of charge. The boots arrived about a week later and have been superb so far. One interesting note is that the boots direct from Clarks arrived in a different box than those from Amazon. Each boot was individually wrapped and the fit is much better than the two previous pairs. Also, the color of the boots from Clarks is darker. It makes me wonder if these are an updated model. All in all, I am very impressed with the level of service provided by Clarks (as well as Amazon for that matter) and, at least so far, this pair of boots is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Clarks for going above and beyond what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarks Roar Boot, December 27, 2007
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
I an a big fan of Clarks products. This boot is an exceptional product. The boot fits true to size. It is not difficult to put on and provides the comfort that you would expect from Clarks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice boot - but beware of width, February 18, 2010
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
I really like these boots. They're comfortable, stylish and rugged enough to be used in a variety of conditions. Also, a nice benefit is that they're suprisingly lightweight. My one complaint is that they're a little too wide for my foot. I have a standard width foot (I think!) and these boots are definitely wider than I'd like them to be. If I were to order them again, I'd opt for a narrower width instead of the standard ("M") width. Overall a good boot at a decent price.

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart, January 10, 2010
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
I owned/wore these boots for less than 6 months.I was initially very happy with the boot. But Which started after one weekthat changed quickly. They were unconformable, and I developed a callous on the side of my foot from them. On top of that,The tread started wearing away after the first week.
after that the sole completely separated from the boot. I had to supergoo it in place. I've since bought a set on martins that have lasted 6 months with out a problem and no signs of wear. These shoes were poorly designed.I've owned several pairs of Clarkes and used to swear by them. I do a lot of walking,as I run a large hospital, and expect a shoe to hold up for this kind of money. I wouldn't recommend them, except for the occasional night out. I was very disappointed. On top of that I had trouble contacting the company to tell them what happened.Poor customer service. If you buy these boots, View them as a cosmetic accessory that will not hold up. Read some of the other similar reviews if you need verification.I've steered many people to Clarke's, but that has changed due to this bad experience. Especially with customer service. Dr.Martins are made much better and they offer more contemporary designs than they used to be known for. try them out.

3.0 out of 5 stars same problem at heel as in other reviews, April 22, 2014
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
i have two of these -- the taupe suede and the oily brown. both gave way at the heel after about four and five years respectively. granted i did wear them a lot; each one i wore about two days a week for about four years.

managed to fix both; they're still working for me.

but i expected more durability from clarks..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot at a great price., October 12, 2008
Peter D. Page (Wickenburg, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
This is a very comfortable and well made boot. The sizing is true as I where a 12M and this boot is a perfect fit. It wears very well all day long walking either in the desert or on hard finished surfaces. I highly recommend this as well as the classic Clark's desert boot. The classic desert boot wears like a bedroom slipper and doesn't have the support that the Roar boot has. Both models though are great to wear.

2.0 out of 5 stars too big, July 23, 2014
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
The 2 stars is because I have to rate it to post. It's an odd requirement since I really have no idea how good they are, until I wear them a while.

Okay, the shoe/boots seems nice, but they were so big I sent them back after putting one shoe on. I wear an 8 with a somewhat wide foot. I sometime buy 8 1/2, but they always seem like theres too much shoe out front. These were more like a 9 so my foot was really long.

Because of the overall size being so big I couldn't judge the width.

3.0 out of 5 stars sole and heel wear very quickly, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
sizing is right on. very comfortable. looks great and has a nice finish to the leather. the downside is that soles and heels are very soft and wear rather quickly leaving black marks on any hard flooring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great boot but runs a little big, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Clarks Men's Roar Boot (Apparel)
The boot is very comfy but seems to be about a half size too large in US sizing. The rugged coloration is perfect but scuffs very easily.

Clarks Men's Roar Boot