Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarks Men's Colson Knoll Slip-On Loafer
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 27, 2015
I bought these for a walking trip through Amsterdam and Oslo. I Walked over 100 miles in 10 days, averaging a realistic 10 miles primarily on pavement or cobblestones. Before the trip I replaced the insoles with some aftermarket ones (just in case, not because the OEM ones weren't good). The stock ones popped out easily. These shoes allowed me to have a dual use shoe (business causual / blue jean casual) so only one pair of shoes for my trip. They also don't have any metal that would trigger airline metal detectors in Europe. Many of my co-workers couldn't begin to hang with the amount of miles I travelled, and I did so with NO foot pain - which I have suffered from with other shoes. The rubber sole provides excellent cushion, particularly on the front of my foot where many dress shoes drop the ball.

The reviews online were good and pinpointed some issues, however for me the issues fixed themselves with wear.

I did experience that they were initially a little tight across the top (as some have noted). After 10 miles, they 'broke in' and felt perfect.

They did go through a period in the first 10 miles where they did squeak, but this was relatively short lived and they are now silent.

Traction has been good, although initially they felt somewhat slick on the bottom. With some scuffing and wear over the first 10 miles, the tread now has more grip and I don't notice any slippage between me and the ground.

Interestingly after about mile 50, and after some rain, they loosed up to the point that I needed to wear thicker socks so they did not slip around on my foot. After they dried, they have returned to a good fit, although a hair loose. I could not have gone a size smaller initially, so I am living with a fit that is very slightly loose.

At this point, the leather has held up well still looking nearly new and the toe box is extremely roomy and comfortable. They really do hold up well to scuffing etc. The shoes themselves are some of the most comfortable I own and look reasonably good (they likely will not be your best looking pair of shoes you own). I do find this to be a causal rather than dressy shoe, as it doesn't have a buckle and it has a less stylish wide toebox.

All in all, they fit their intended purpose for me perfectly and allowed me to walk a very long way (10 miles a day) on cobblestones without foot pain, which I have found is VERY rare in a shoe that will work as a business casual shoe.
on May 26, 2015
I received my pair of Clark shoes today. I'm a very satisfied customer. I was very skeptical at first because this was my first pair of shoes which I purchased Online. I'm also very fussy with my shoes because my feet is very soft and this pair of shoes is very comfortable even without any socks on. I'm very happy and felt a sense of relief that these pair of shoes fitted perfectly based on the size chart that Amazon have alongside there shoes advertising.
I noticed that its made in India. Just take a look right under the tongue of the shoes i.e. above your insteps in the shoes.
on December 5, 2014
I usually buy a different style of shoe from Clark's to serve as my uniform shoe, but always Clark's! The fit of this particular shoe is perfect for anyone that has to stand on their feet for long periods or time or does a lot of walking at their job. I always buy my Clark's in a size that fits a bit more snugly than a normal sneaker because they do tend to stretch out and get loose over time; that is natural for leather shoes especially when they last as long as they do before becoming dull and scuffed up. This style has clean lines without excessive adornments or visible stitchings and they last, for me, anywhere from 6 - 8 months of hard daily wear. I work as a flight attendant and do a LOT of walking and standing daily. This style is professional in appearance and will surely match any dark uniform or suit style. Most importantly, they are light in weight, contain no steel shank (so no worries going through security at the airport), and do not pinch or chafe anywhere on the foot, even after having worn them for hours and hours on end while simultaneously schlepping thousands of miles across the globe and hiking up and down airport concourses and jetbridges.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 13, 2014
I was looking for a comfortable pair of shoes to wear with khakis for work or jeans as well. These shoes fit the bill perfectly! They are as comfortable as a tennis shoe but looks dressy enough for work. You can find my exhaustive review here http://goo.gl/Dbd5wU . The fit of these shoes was perfect for me. I wear a size 12 in Bally and Ferragamo and these were size 12 as well.
on March 30, 2015
I am a customer from China. I am been longing for clarks and ecco shoes for such a long time until I found out that I can buy shoes directly from the US Amazon. But unfortunately ecco shoes can not be bought from here to China,so I bought this clarks shoes. It fits a little tight in width,maybe Chinese people's feet are much wider.so if give me another chance,I would buy the 2E one. And after a few days worn, the shoes are not so tight as before. So I think is's maybe OK now. After my brother worn,he also said to me it feels a little tight at the middle of the feet.And clarks size is different from others that US size8.5 is Euro and China size 41.5 by clarks.u should notice this.
on August 19, 2014
This is my third pair of Clarks in a row and I love these just as much as my first. I work in a business casual environmental and most of the times wear these for 12+ hours a day sometimes in the rain, snow and mud and a lot of times doing yard work at home as well. I NEVER have sore feet. They are light and I have not had to replace any because of quality issues. I recommend Clarks to anyone who listens.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 6, 2016
I consider myself to be really lucky to order a pair of Clark's shoes online and have them actually fit. Unless you're in a store trying them on, you don't know what size you're going to fit into. Clark's are notorious for their incorrect sizing. They tend to run big on most things. I needed a black pair of either boots or nice shoes. Ordered a great pair of boots that came back way too snug, twice! So beware on different shoes and boots because they're almost all different. I definitely recommend going to the store and seeing and trying Clark's on in person. I got a decent deal on this pair. The boots that i had to return cost me over $120 and didn't think the quality was all there. These shoes will work for me but i had to settle on them. I'm not someone who likes to settle for second best. I just hope the shoe will last so that i get my money's worth out of them.
on February 15, 2016
I'm very happy with these shoes. I took a chance ordering online, and worried about some of the reviews.

However I've had them not for about a month and really like these shoes. They fit well - albeit a little narrower than I'd expect. The soles did squeak a little at first, but that stopped after I walked on concrete and outside a bit. I bet if they're kept squeaky clean on the bottom they'd squeak a lot more.

Note to buyers: I normally wear an 8.5-9 shoe, but I bought these as a 9.5 2E as my shoes tended to cramp my toes and be tight in the middle. Honestly, I could not have gone any smaller. These are just snug enough to be comfortable. In my estimation, these run just a tad on the small/tighter side.

Happy with what I've got and my by some in brown as well.
Clarks seem to run big on my husband. He wears a solid 9.5 in every other shoe, but 9.5 was MUCH too large with this shoe. I returned it for a 9, which still slips a little in the heel, but we just put the heel pads on (purchase for like four bucks at Walmart, Target and the like) and that solved the problem. He thought he might have been able to go down to an 8, but wanted to leave space for foot swelling and thicker socks, since it was right on the line

This is his first pair of Clarks and he is so pleased with them. The quality is excellent, the workmanship is one of the few that still lives up to the reputation. If Clarks continues to make quality shoes (and not shipping manufacturing and quality to China) like Nunbush, Bass and others have done, we'll be lifelong customers, not just for his shoes, but mine as well!
on November 17, 2015
I owned a pair of these shoes a some years ago. After they wore out I took a chance on a different brand. That shoe was a total disaster, so I came back to the Clarks Colson Knoll. The insole has change colors, but the comfort has not. The insole board and arch support are the most comfortable part of this shoe. The first year I worked the NAB Show in Las Vegas I wore a stylish slip on shoe - what a mistake! After 4 days my feet hurt so bad. When I got home I went to see a podiatrist and found out that I had Plantar Faciitis. I can't say if the slip on shoes caused my problem or if it was just a coincidence. But what I can say, is I wore the Colson Knolls for the next 4 NAB Shows and my feet felt fine - no more Plantar Faciitis. These shoes go well with a suit (which I wore at the NAB) or blue jeans (which I wore walking around the Strip). I would recommend this shoe if you are looking for a good looking, comfortable shoe.