5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Man Boot

Published 20 months ago by flannelforlife

1.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why people like these.
These shoes are terrible. No insole included. When you add an insole they are tight. I wore them for two days and by the end of the second day my left foot was killing me. Waste if money.
Published 8 months ago by houston

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Man Boot, December 27, 2012

I know what you're looking for.

You are looking for a boot that looks manly, both rugged and refined. You want to wear it to the office with khakis, and you also want to wear it with your jeans to chop wood in. You definitely don't want to worry about it in the snow, and you need it to keep your feet dry. Men don't like wet feet.

You're not a cowboy in Montana so you can't buy cowboy boots without being a dork, and they can't be too heavy because you need to outrun wild animals if necessary. It can't be too tall or too low because you need it to be versatile for in-and-out-of-office use, and it absolutely has to have a low profile with clean, simple lines and stitching, because that's what gentlemen wear. And of course it can't have too tall of a heel because women wear high heels. Men just have heels on our boots and we don't talk about them.

Also, because men like leathery things, you need them to be leather, and not shiny or too clean looking...but a sweet looking, aged, broken-in, badass man leather. Suede can be appropriate in certain occasions, but you want real deal leather. After years of searching, I have found the perfect leather man boot.

The dark brown leather chukka Clarks Bushacre 2 Boot is the same shoe as the Desert Boot, but has a much more durable synthetic sole. It's not as springy as the Desert Boot, so some might say they're not as comfortable. I disagree and literally wear these every day. I've had the Clarks Desert Trek before (not the Desert Boot, but with the same crepe sole) and sure they were comfortable. However - the soles started to wear down pretty quickly, and they literally melted - MELTED - to the seat of my car on a hot day. That's not happening with these babies. The Bushacre is durable as crap and I love them.

I sprayed my dark brown version of the boot them with a waterproofing agent from Target that makes these repel water beautifully, and the spray made the boots look darker, more aged and like I've had them for a long time. I've had them 3 months and they're wonderfully broken-in like a glove. It only has 4 total eyelets so this helps with comfort, as does the nicely placed reinforcement in the heel which guides the break-in process.

One thing to note regarding size - these guys run big. For example: I wear a 9.5 in Nike for workout shoes. I ordered an 8 in these and they were a bit snug, but have broken in to exactly the right size.

I'm about to say something that maybe I shouldn't because it might be premature to make predictions for 30 years down the road. I will be wearing these boots 30 years from now. They probably won't be the ones on my feet at the moment and I'll probably be on my 2nd or 3rd or 4th pair then. But they'll be the Bushacre.

I like to wear things until they wear out, and if I find something good and quality I like to make the original last as long as humanly possible. Therefore, I'll wear these every day, I'll get them resoled a few times, and plan on them lasting 15 years. Then I'll buy another pair.

Clarks, please never stop making these boots. If you do I'll have to swim to England and protest at your front gates. Then I'll have to buy 4 more pairs so I can have them for the rest of my life. Thank you for making a rugged yet refined boot that looks good in any occasion, and one that kicks every other boot to the curb with its durability, agility, versatility and coolility.

Dudes. Quit researching and buy the best man boot out there. And don't forget to take the cowboy boots off your Amazon Wish List.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE PERFECT MAN BOOT, November 20, 2013
This review is from: Clarks Men's Bushacre 2 Boot (Apparel)

I know what you're looking for.

I sprayed my dark brown version of the boot with a waterproofing agent from Target that makes these repel water beautifully, and the spray made the boots look darker, more aged and like I've had them for a long time. I also put mink oil on them ever 3 months or so. I've had them nearly 12 months but they were wonderfully broken-in like a glove after a few weeks of regular wear. The boot has only has 4 total eyelets so this helps with comfort, as does the nicely placed reinforcement in the heel which guides the break-in process.

One thing to note regarding size - these guys run big. For example: I wear a 9.5 in Nike for workout shoes. I ordered an 8 in these and they were a bit snug, but have broken in beautifully.

I'm about to say something that maybe I shouldn't because it might be premature to make predictions for 30 years down the road. I will be wearing these boots 30 years from now. They probably won't be the ones on my feet at the moment and I'll probably be on my 3rd or 4th pair then. But they'll be the Bushacre.

I like to wear things until they wear out, and if I find something good and quality I like to make the original last as long as humanly possible. Therefore, I'll continue to wear these every day, I'll get them resoled every so often, and plan on them lasting 10 years. Then I'll buy another pair.

Clarks, please never stop making these boots. If you do I'll have to swim to England and protest at your front gates. Then I'll have to buy 4 more pairs so I can have them for the rest of my life. Thank you for making a rugged yet refined boot that looks good in any occasion, and one that kicks every other boot to the curb with its durability, agility and versatility.

Dudes. Quit researching and buy the best man boot out there for the price. And don't forget to take the cowboy boots off your Amazon Wish List.

P.S. These have very poor traction on snow/ice...I fell last winter cartoon-style with my feet above my head. My shoulder and ego both suffered minor bruises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only difference is the sole, April 17, 2011
The only difference between this and the standard Clark's Desert boot is the slight difference in the choice of colors and the fact that this has a synthetic sole (and a very durable one) rather than the natural crepe sole. I sprayed waterproofing silicone on it before the winter (the dirtiest, messiest NYC winter in my 50-year memory), and this did not change the color at all, but at the end of the winter the boots were completely unscathed by the snow and ice the city failed to clear (little kids were trying to help the city's snow-plows!). No slipping or sliding, no water ever touched my socks, my feet were warmer than one would expect, and they cleaned off easily. The laces started giving out after all that heavy use, but for $2 they're easily replaced.
The other on-line shoe place has all the models, and I have 2 of those other Clark's Desert Boots as well.
If it's a Clark's Desert Boot, I'd say you can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleeker than I expected, October 2, 2013
The Bushacre 2 is a great quality piece of footwear. The Beeswax color on the bushacre is lighter than the Desert boot, just to be warned. I would recommend sizing down a 1/2 size. For reference, I wear a 7.5 in Sperry's sockless, and a 7 sockless/crew sock in the Bushacre 2. At the price point Amazon is offering, believe it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes!, May 7, 2013
I normally wear 10.5-11, and I ordered a 10 in these. 9.5 would have been perfect, but I just put some insoles in and it fits great and looks great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Purchase, February 28, 2012
For those yearning for the simplistic past yet wanting to compromise nothing to the present, this boot is for you. I own as well a Clarks Desert Boot with the only difference being the sole. However, having the privilege of an A / B comparison, to be true I prefer the "right out of the box feel" of the Bushacre. Pick your colour and think of nothing else. My only caution to those buying on-line would be to purchase a 1/2 size smaller than you normally would. All comments you may have read pertaining to this necessary sizing adjustment I have found to be true for Clarks as a whole. Now my friends, " Trod On"!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boots, August 11, 2011
These shoes are comfortable and good for casual or dressing up. Well made and feel broken in right out of the box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dope, November 12, 2013
Out of the box, Beeswax Leather is pretty true-to-colour to the picture shown. The leather appears to be nubuck, and I'd imagine it'll look better as it ages. I'm moreso flat-footed than high arched, and I found this boot comfortable for me right out of the box. Without any special waterproof spray or whatever, it has held up in rain and wet conditions so far. If your contemplating on choosing which colour to get as your first pair, I suggest the Beeswax leather as it's pretty versatile with most outfits. My only concern with the boots were the tanned strip detail between the sole and the actual boot appears to be chipped in some areas...hard to explain without a picture. Minor blip in the quality control I guess. But I got these at a great price and value, so I can't complain. Anyway, great boot I'd recommend. For those concerned with the sizing, I found this site to be very helpful: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars These get better every day, March 27, 2014
I love these shoes. They were a little stiff at first but get better every day. The dark oiled leather takes scuffs very well and any marks just make them look even more "weathered" but in a good way. These go with jeans or khakis and are my new go-to for whatever I'm wearing. There are very comfortable for driving. As others suggested I ordered a 1/2 size smaller and it was a perfect fit. There is still room for an insole though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, December 11, 2013
I bought a 1/2 size smaller than normal and they fit great! You get the great quality you expect from Clark.

Rate and Discover Movies