1,932

on December 27, 2012
ATTENTION MEN: I have done all the work for you.

I know what you're looking for.

You are looking for a boot that looks manly, both rugged and refined. You want to wear it to the office with khakis, and you also want to wear it with your jeans to chop wood in. You definitely don't want to worry about it in the snow, and you need it to keep your feet dry. Men don't like wet feet.

You're not a cowboy in Montana so you can't buy cowboy boots without being a dork, and they can't be too heavy because you need to outrun wild animals if necessary. It can't be too tall or too low because you need it to be versatile for in-and-out-of-office use, and it absolutely has to have a low profile with clean, simple lines and stitching, because that's what gentlemen wear. And of course it can't have too tall of a heel because women wear high heels. Men just have heels on our boots and we don't talk about them.

Also, because men like leathery things, you need them to be leather, and not shiny or too clean looking...but a sweet looking, aged, broken-in, badass man leather. Suede can be appropriate in certain occasions, but you want real deal leather. After years of searching, I have found the perfect leather man boot.

The dark brown leather chukka Clarks Bushacre 2 Boot is the same shoe as the Desert Boot, but has a much more durable synthetic sole. It's not as springy as the Desert Boot, so some might say they're not as comfortable. I disagree and literally wear these every day. I've had the Clarks Desert Trek before (not the Desert Boot, but with the same crepe sole) and sure they were comfortable. However - the soles started to wear down pretty quickly, and they literally melted - MELTED - to the seat of my car on a hot day. That's not happening with these babies. The Bushacre is durable as crap and I love them.

I sprayed my dark brown version of the boot them with a waterproofing agent from Target that makes these repel water beautifully, and the spray made the boots look darker, more aged and like I've had them for a long time. I've had them 3 months and they're wonderfully broken-in like a glove. It only has 4 total eyelets so this helps with comfort, as does the nicely placed reinforcement in the heel which guides the break-in process.

One thing to note regarding size - these guys run big. For example: I wear a 9.5 in Nike for workout shoes. I ordered an 8 in these and they were a bit snug, but have broken in to exactly the right size.

I'm about to say something that maybe I shouldn't because it might be premature to make predictions for 30 years down the road. I will be wearing these boots 30 years from now. They probably won't be the ones on my feet at the moment and I'll probably be on my 2nd or 3rd or 4th pair then. But they'll be the Bushacre.

I like to wear things until they wear out, and if I find something good and quality I like to make the original last as long as humanly possible. Therefore, I'll wear these every day, I'll get them resoled a few times, and plan on them lasting 15 years. Then I'll buy another pair.

Clarks, please never stop making these boots. If you do I'll have to swim to England and protest at your front gates. Then I'll have to buy 4 more pairs so I can have them for the rest of my life. Thank you for making a rugged yet refined boot that looks good in any occasion, and one that kicks every other boot to the curb with its durability, agility, versatility and coolility.

Dudes. Quit researching and buy the best man boot out there. And don't forget to take the cowboy boots off your Amazon Wish List.
3636 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 20, 2013
ATTENTION MEN: I have done all the work for you.

I know what you're looking for.

I sprayed my dark brown version of the boot with a waterproofing agent from Target that makes these repel water beautifully, and the spray made the boots look darker, more aged and like I've had them for a long time. I also put mink oil on them ever 3 months or so. I've had them nearly 12 months but they were wonderfully broken-in like a glove after a few weeks of regular wear. The boot has only has 4 total eyelets so this helps with comfort, as does the nicely placed reinforcement in the heel which guides the break-in process.

One thing to note regarding size - these guys run big. For example: I wear a 9.5 in Nike for workout shoes. I ordered an 8 in these and they were a bit snug, but have broken in beautifully.

I'm about to say something that maybe I shouldn't because it might be premature to make predictions for 30 years down the road. I will be wearing these boots 30 years from now. They probably won't be the ones on my feet at the moment and I'll probably be on my 3rd or 4th pair then. But they'll be the Bushacre.

I like to wear things until they wear out, and if I find something good and quality I like to make the original last as long as humanly possible. Therefore, I'll continue to wear these every day, I'll get them resoled every so often, and plan on them lasting 10 years. Then I'll buy another pair.

Clarks, please never stop making these boots. If you do I'll have to swim to England and protest at your front gates. Then I'll have to buy 4 more pairs so I can have them for the rest of my life. Thank you for making a rugged yet refined boot that looks good in any occasion, and one that kicks every other boot to the curb with its durability, agility and versatility.

Dudes. Quit researching and buy the best man boot out there for the price. And don't forget to take the cowboy boots off your Amazon Wish List.

P.S. These have very poor traction on snow/ice...I fell last winter cartoon-style with my feet above my head. My shoulder and ego both suffered minor bruises.
review image review image
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Size Name: 8.5 D(M) USColor Name: Sand SuedeVerified Purchase
The only difference between this and the standard Clark's Desert boot is the slight difference in the choice of colors and the fact that this has a synthetic sole (and a very durable one) rather than the natural crepe sole. I sprayed waterproofing silicone on it before the winter (the dirtiest, messiest NYC winter in my 50-year memory), and this did not change the color at all, but at the end of the winter the boots were completely unscathed by the snow and ice the city failed to clear (little kids were trying to help the city's snow-plows!). No slipping or sliding, no water ever touched my socks, my feet were warmer than one would expect, and they cleaned off easily. The laces started giving out after all that heavy use, but for $2 they're easily replaced.
The other on-line shoe place has all the models, and I have 2 of those other Clark's Desert Boots as well.
If it's a Clark's Desert Boot, I'd say you can't go wrong.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 16, 2014
Let me first say that this is a great boot. Stylish, comfortable, lightweight, seemingly good quality leather, all at a great value. Buy a pair (but order 1/2 size smaller than usual, in my opinion.)

Now, for those of you trying to decide between this boot and the Clarks Originals Desert Boot, you're in luck - I bought both styles at the same time, both in Beeswax Leather. (Because I got a great deal, and I like them a lot.)

After having worn these for roughly a month now, I'm starting to favor the Desert Boot. It's more comfortable because of the flexible and springy crepe sole, the leather seems to be better quality, and the quality control is better.

That said, they are very similar overall, and you can't go wrong with either boot. Here are some additional observations (Desert Boot is DB, Buschacre is BA):

1. Current DB is darker than the BA by a few shades. So you can own both and rotate, and they'll look like different shoes.

2. As I've said, the leather on the DB seems to be better quality. In addition, the two leathers have different surface feels to them. The DB seems a bit more "waxy", the BA is left more "natural" and soft to the touch.

3. Crepe sole on the DB, rubber sole on the BA. The crepe does get dirty FAST, even on the edges/sides, whereas the sole of the BA stays cleaner (and is easier to clean.) This is probably the main advantage of the BA. But, the crepe is more forgiving/flexible/bouncy when you walk.

4. The BA has a very thin lining, the DB is unlined (except for a little piece of lining down by the heel). Doesn't seem to matter either way.

5. Sizing seems to be roughly the same, though my particular BAs seem just a tad bit larger, at least width-wise... (Both are a half size smaller than I usually wear.)

6. Like I mentioned, the quality control of the DB seems much better than the BA. My DBs have no flaws, whereas the BAs have a few sewing/gluing errors, where the sole is attached to the leather upper. Not terrible by any means, but noticeable if you look closely.

But, again, both are great boots and I enjoy wearing both!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 26, 2014
Size Name: 8.5 D(M) USColor Name: Black SuedeVerified Purchase
I wore them twice and they have tore
on November 10, 2014
Size Name: 8 D(M) USColor Name: Beeswax LeatherVerified Purchase
Beeswax.

I am a 21yo 5'8 male who normally wears US 9's on vans, chucks, running shoes, nike sneakers.

CON: My military boot sizes were always US 8.5 so i ordered an 8.5 bushacre. Wasn't "too" loose, but it bothered me because i had to tie the laces so tight in order for my heels to not feel like they are sliding up. I could fit my fingers inside my shoe between my heel and the heel of the shoe.

Returned it (free) online on amazon via UPS ground, amazon gave me a label print out to stick on the box. I am currently awaiting full refund tomorrow 11 Nov.

PRO: I ordered a US 8. Just received it 1 hour ago. It is now in the picture provided. They fit just like my 8.5 military boots, but a little snug on the left/right side of my feet. Length wise, i can still move my toes, and i dont have to tie it as tight.
Somehow, the 8.5 I got looked more "used" and light colored. The one i got today is darker, newer looking, and was totally newly packaged. Definitely looked like in better condition than the 8.5 i returned. HOW WEIRD?

ANYWAYS I f***in LOVE THEM. They are very snug but i know something i can break into. I am gonna wear jeans more often now. They also dont look too bad with skinny pants/khaki's.

Might actually buy one for my dad on christmas.

I'll follow up in 1-2 years to see how these boots hold up. Theyre gonna be worn ERRWHERE
review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 2, 2013
Size Name: 7 D(M) USColor Name: Beeswax LeatherVerified Purchase
The Bushacre 2 is a great quality piece of footwear. The Beeswax color on the bushacre is lighter than the Desert boot, just to be warned. I would recommend sizing down a 1/2 size. For reference, I wear a 7.5 in Sperry's sockless, and a 7 sockless/crew sock in the Bushacre 2. At the price point Amazon is offering, believe it's worth it.
on December 12, 2014
Size Name: 10.5 D(M) USColor Name: Beeswax LeatherVerified Purchase
Recently purchased these boots and enjoyed them for the first few days. Had the boots for a little over a week and the stitching is already becoming detached from the sole. Really expected better durability and quality from a name like Clarks.
on January 14, 2015
Size Name: 9.5 D(M) USColor Name: Dark BrownVerified Purchase
After just a month of wear (in an office, nothing rough) I started to feel air in the soles. I looked down and discovered the sole was starting to fall off at the seams, for lack of a better description (see pics). And it was not isolated; happened all around both shoes.

Fantastic shoe that I would have given 5 stars, but this quality is unacceptable. I ordered a replacement with the hope that my pair was just a one-off. Will update.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 16, 2014
Size Name: 8 D(M) USColor Name: Dark BrownVerified Purchase
The shoe style, quality, and fit are great. But, someone apparently wore the shoes for several weeks before returning them. The soles are well worn, there are scuffs, and the inside of the shoes are beat up and have sock fuzz all over them. Shame on whoever returned these shoes and on the shipper for sending these as "new."
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...