Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarks Men's Desert Guard Lace-Up Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 18, 2013
I have the taupe suede desert guard and I really dig the rugged looks. They match up great with olive, khaki, and browns.

I knew they ran 1/2 size bigger, but planned on putting in a generic orthotic for arch support since these are flat. I wear extra thick padded crew socks to fill in the shoes and they are perfectly snug now. So the boots feel really comfortable when standing, but my heel slips when walking. I've read online about other people having this same heel slip problem. If you look at the back of the shoe where the heel sits, you don't see much contouring in the back to hug the heel. It pretty much just goes straight up to the achilles. Also, they are not as light as I had hoped. The crepe soles are a little heavy.

I can't wear these for long walks. The heel slip and the weight just kills it. I become aware of how unpleasant it is every time I get up to walk. These have become short distance "dinner, drinks and a movie" kind of boots.
on November 28, 2013
As per my last review on the Clark's Jink (another GREAT Clark's shoe) the Desert Guard is a fantastic Clark's chukka boot. They took the good ole classic Desert Boot and put a really nice dark leather trim piece all around the bottom. It is not only functional, but it really makes the boot look nice. I have received more compliments on the Desert Guard than any of my other several pairs of Clarks......Yes, I am a Clarks junkie. My only mild complaint is that the Desert Guard did fit a bit larger than any of my other Clarks. I am normally a perfect 45, but this time I could have dropped down to a 44. Other than that, they are perfect.
VINE VOICEon March 25, 2013
I wear a size 11 shoe and bought a 10&1/2 based on the recommendations of other purchasers. The 10&1/2 was also too large so I returned it for a size 10. Because the seller did not have that size, I can't review the product more thoroughly.

I've purchased Desert Boots, on and off, since the 1950's and always have found them to be a most comfortable shoe once they are broken in.
on January 2, 2013
Very Good looking and comfortable to wear it. Nice color. Awesome and i like it.
All the retailers in my area that carry Clarks men's shoes didn't have the product.
I was glad that I was able to find the shoes on Amazon.
on December 28, 2012
These shoes are really awesome and the picture does not do them justice. They are even more awesome in person. Gave them to my boyfriend for Christmas and he absolutely loves them.
on May 9, 2013
Great knock around shoe to wear on Casual days with out looking too casual. They fit really well and are extremely comfortable. Definitely going to be buying other colors.
on July 3, 2013
I really love these shoes and glad that I ordered them. The color is actually Lighter then the picture, but it look great and the Quality is great as expected from Clarks.
on December 11, 2013
These shoes are super comfortable and stylish for the urban man. I classic design that looks good at work or on weekends. I love mine and your feet deserve a pair too.
on August 21, 2013
Easy transaction. Quick delivery, fits perfectly, awesome pair of light boots and my cousin loved them. We are getting ready to purchase another pair of Clark's soon.
on November 13, 2012
very good looking and comfortable to wear it. Nice color. Awesome and i like it.Awesome and i like it very much.