4.0 out of 5 stars Order half or even 1 size smaller
I normally wear 8.5 but ordered an 8 since I know they tend to run big. The 8 is still slightly big so I might exchange them for a 7.5. Other than that, though, they look sleek, the leather (I got the beeswax leather) is sturdy, and they go well with a nice pair of chinos or jeans.
Published 12 months ago by Tony

2.0 out of 5 stars I was sent used shoes
Published 1 month ago by Miguel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Order half or even 1 size smaller, November 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, comfortable shoe, June 10, 2014
Comfortable. Seems well made. Bit stiff at first but breaks in within a few days. Several reviews mention ordering 1/2 size smaller. I wear a 12, and ordered a 12. It's roomy, but if it were any smaller, my pinky toe would be cramped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great casual shoe, October 7, 2014
These shoes look great and are very comfortable. Looks great with jeans or khakis. I recommend wearing a thick pair of socks during the initial breaking in to avoid some soreness. Once broken in, you'll barely notice they're on your feet. They have great traction and are nearly silent on most floor surfaces.

Yes, as other reviewer have stated, they run a bit large. I normally wear a 10(US) but, the 9.5 fits great.

-- Cons
The crape soles show dirt easily and seem to wear out quickly.
The beeswax leather scuffs easily; however, applying a light coat of beeswax after warming the leather has them looking almost new.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was sent used shoes, October 11, 2014
There were two things I was disappointed in with these shoes. Mainly that I ordered a pair of new shoes and was sent a pair of shoes that had clearly been used. The bottoms of the shoes were black from use and the looked broken in already. I have never had this issue with amazon before so i'm hoping it's a one time thing, but I was still upset to see it happen. The other thing that these shoes a really big. I expected them to be a little large but these are huge for their size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Low top variant of the desert boot chukkas - with the usual sizing caveats, January 7, 2014
Great look. Great materials. Great shoe!

I bought these on sale for $70, which is the right price, by my estimation.

My feet measure out as size 10-10.5 on those shoe store scales, but I bought an 8.5, and they fit very snug. I probably could have gotten a size 9, but I'm allowing for some break in over the next year or so.

The beeswax leather that Clarks uses breaks in quite a bit, making for a substantially looser fit after 1 year, but I bought the tobacco suede version of these, so I guess that remains to be seen.

Still haven't found an alternative to the crepe sole that Clarks uses. All the others seem flimsy and/or unrefined by comparison. A broken in pair of desert boots can accommodate a long day of walking without making your feet sore.

3.0 out of 5 stars Actually the size, June 16, 2014
Actually the size was right length and width wise but this shoe like their desert boot is cut with a low instep which for me with my high insteps makes it unwearable in terms of comfort. Too bad because I was hoping what with their being low-cut their fit would be different and this is an extremely good looking classic shoe perfect for the sumer months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, June 9, 2014
These were great but the they do run a half size larger. Sadly I had to return them. Still looking for 8.0 though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfy, May 29, 2014
I'm typically a sneaker guy so this was a big change for me. I've been so impressed with how well these shoes have broken in and become my go-to pair of shoes for most occasions. I've bought some saddle soap to keep it in good condition, but other than that they have been very sturdy shoes. I'm not sure how the other stains work out, but the beeswax gets noticeable scratches very easily. They go away with a little moisture, but it's annoying to accidentally kick a doorway and it leaves a big scratch down the side. Again, it's only cosmetic and goes away with saddle soap or even a little bit of water and your finger.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, May 29, 2014
it is good for wearing ,comfortable,suport CLARKS.and the color of it is also good,my husband like it very much.i hope it will
continue be good

2.0 out of 5 stars Heel cup problems, May 5, 2014
I wanted to like these shoes, I really did. When I first put them on the heel cup felt a bit off, but I figured it was just part of breaking a new shoe in. I wore them for a few hours while at work (not much walking around or stress on the feet at all) and by the end of the shift I had blisters on both of my feet. The heel cup bit into my achilles to the point when I couldn't walk in them at all by the end of my shift. The bottom of the heel cup is set far too deep and the top of the heel cup comes forward too much, causing it to dig in. I would be willing to break in any other part of the shoe, but you can't fix a heel cup that is set wrong. Also, as has been mentioned before these shoes tend to run about a size large, I normally wear US 9 but ordered these in US 8.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›