4.0 out of 5 stars Order half or even 1 size smaller
I normally wear 8.5 but ordered an 8 since I know they tend to run big. The 8 is still slightly big so I might exchange them for a 7.5. Other than that, though, they look sleek, the leather (I got the beeswax leather) is sturdy, and they go well with a nice pair of chinos or jeans.
Published 16 months ago by Tony

2.0 out of 5 stars I was sent used shoes
Published 4 months ago by Miguel

4.0 out of 5 stars Order half or even 1 size smaller, November 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, comfortable shoe, June 10, 2014
Comfortable. Seems well made. Bit stiff at first but breaks in within a few days. Several reviews mention ordering 1/2 size smaller. I wear a 12, and ordered a 12. It's roomy, but if it were any smaller, my pinky toe would be cramped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfy, May 29, 2014
I'm typically a sneaker guy so this was a big change for me. I've been so impressed with how well these shoes have broken in and become my go-to pair of shoes for most occasions. I've bought some saddle soap to keep it in good condition, but other than that they have been very sturdy shoes. I'm not sure how the other stains work out, but the beeswax gets noticeable scratches very easily. They go away with a little moisture, but it's annoying to accidentally kick a doorway and it leaves a big scratch down the side. Again, it's only cosmetic and goes away with saddle soap or even a little bit of water and your finger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great casual shoe, October 7, 2014
These shoes look great and are very comfortable. Looks great with jeans or khakis. I recommend wearing a thick pair of socks during the initial breaking in to avoid some soreness. Once broken in, you'll barely notice they're on your feet. They have great traction and are nearly silent on most floor surfaces.

Yes, as other reviewer have stated, they run a bit large. I normally wear a 10(US) but, the 9.5 fits great.

-- Cons
The crape soles show dirt easily and seem to wear out quickly.
The beeswax leather scuffs easily; however, applying a light coat of beeswax after warming the leather has them looking almost new.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a good shoe., April 26, 2014
I ordered a half size smaller than usual and that was the right fit.

Also, the leather starts stiff and breaks in fairly quickly (a couple of days of office wear for me). Don't plan on long walking days right out of the box.

The finish on the leather shows any crease or mark, which is part of the design. It gives the shoe a worn, vintage look pretty quickly. Just don't expect a uniform brown leather, expect a weathered surface.

The crepe sole is pretty sticky (will pick up debris light debris) and will turn black on the bottom rim. It adds to the worn-in look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like walking on heaven, April 4, 2014
I've always loved Clarks shoes and this one didn't disappoint. The leather isn't super stiff so there were no cuts on my ankle from the leather digging in like all the other effing leather shoes that I've owned. It felt like the leather was more of a soft leather blanket rather than a dominatrix leather suit wrapped around my feet. The soles were soft and incredibly comfortable. Like the headline says, it feels like I'm walking on heaven and there are angels holding my feet up off the ground as I'm walking. Definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars These go great with a pair of chinos and chino shorts, July 28, 2014
I own a pair of clarks desert boots in beeswax and wanted a similar shoe, but for the summer time. These shoes fit the job perfectly. These go great with a pair of chinos and chino shorts. I'm a size 10 and ordered a size 9. They fit great!

5.0 out of 5 stars A High Quality Shoe., January 15, 2014
Great shoes. Fits just right...very comfortable. Looks exactly like the picture. A perfect casual, to casual dress shoe. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Elegant, Classic., February 26, 2015
I've always loved the look of the desert boot but they KILLED my feet. I thought I'd give these a try. These shoes arrive a little stiff and there isn't much to them. I wasn't sure how I felt about them when I first put them on and they take a couple days to break in. But once broken in, they're awesome. First of all, they look amazing with any attire. Shoes can make the biggest difference when you're in casual clothes. If you're wearing a sweater, jeans, and tennis shoes, you can look like a slob. But substitute these for the tennis shoes and you suddenly look classy. I've received numerous compliments since I started wearing them and will definitely be purchasing more pairs in the future. I usually wear 8.5 in Clarks but the 9's were perfect. Highly recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars I was sent used shoes, October 11, 2014
There were two things I was disappointed in with these shoes. Mainly that I ordered a pair of new shoes and was sent a pair of shoes that had clearly been used. The bottoms of the shoes were black from use and the looked broken in already. I have never had this issue with amazon before so i'm hoping it's a one time thing, but I was still upset to see it happen. The other thing that these shoes a really big. I expected them to be a little large but these are huge for their size.

Clarks Men's Desert London Oxford