Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarks Men's Desert London Oxford Shoe
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on November 8, 2013
I normally wear 8.5 but ordered an 8 since I know they tend to run big. The 8 is still slightly big so I might exchange them for a 7.5. Other than that, though, they look sleek, the leather (I got the beeswax leather) is sturdy, and they go well with a nice pair of chinos or jeans.
on January 15, 2016
Updated. These are one of the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever owned. Insole is terrible. Non-existent really - there is a raised oval thin pad in the heal area that is incredibly annoying. Can feel it all day. Feet are happiest when I take these off.
on February 12, 2016
This review is for the Beeswax leather color.

Pros: Very nice looking modern style Oxford, a good business casual style great for around a business casual office.

Cons: Very uncomfortable poor insole with a strange bump in the heel. It is very flat, basically a hard leather insole with no padding. I walked around for a few continuous hours in these and my feet just hurt due to lack of padding in the insole and their design with poor arch support. This is after breaking them in for 2 weeks.

The sole seems to be wearing quickly, only having worn them two weeks. Being such a light color it quickly just looks dirty, not a good look.

I don't like the finish on the leather, it acquires scrapes too readily and I immediately used an oil leather sponge to make them look a little less scuffed up. Also don't like how a giant crease forms quickly in the front top of the shoes due to where the food naturally bends.
review image review image
on June 10, 2014
Comfortable. Seems well made. Bit stiff at first but breaks in within a few days. Several reviews mention ordering 1/2 size smaller. I wear a 12, and ordered a 12. It's roomy, but if it were any smaller, my pinky toe would be cramped.
on October 7, 2014
These shoes look great and are very comfortable. Looks great with jeans or khakis. I recommend wearing a thick pair of socks during the initial breaking in to avoid some soreness. Once broken in, you'll barely notice they're on your feet. They have great traction and are nearly silent on most floor surfaces.

Yes, as other reviewer have stated, they run a bit large. I normally wear a 10(US) but, the 9.5 fits great.

-- Cons
The crape soles show dirt easily and seem to wear out quickly.
The beeswax leather scuffs easily; however, applying a light coat of beeswax after warming the leather has them looking almost new.
on May 29, 2014
I'm typically a sneaker guy so this was a big change for me. I've been so impressed with how well these shoes have broken in and become my go-to pair of shoes for most occasions. I've bought some saddle soap to keep it in good condition, but other than that they have been very sturdy shoes. I'm not sure how the other stains work out, but the beeswax gets noticeable scratches very easily. They go away with a little moisture, but it's annoying to accidentally kick a doorway and it leaves a big scratch down the side. Again, it's only cosmetic and goes away with saddle soap or even a little bit of water and your finger.
on September 15, 2015
I've worn 10.5 sized Clarks before (Unstructureds), and after wearing the Desert London Oxfords for a week, I'm pretty sure 10.5 was the right size. This however this didn't stop them from wearing the skin off the backs of my heels (on the Achilles tendon) on the first day I wore them outside. After a brisk 10 minute walk to work, they drew blood. I had walked around in them indoors before committing to wearing them outdoors, but had no indication of the pain they would inflict. I've worn shoes without padded rear sections before without a problem, but something about the way these shoes are shaped rubbed my feet the wrong way. After wearing them outside, they were no longer in any condition to return, so instead, I spent a couple hours working the leather manually and rubbing Obenauf's leather preservative into them. This, and the band-aids I'm wearing over my wounds have made the shoes wearable. There are no removable insoles in these shoes, nor is there any room for them. You're stuck with the slim bit of padding included under the heel, and the slight bit of cushioning the softer Crepe sole provides. I can feel more of the ground than I am used to through these shoes, but don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. I like the minimalist style of the shoes, but wish the minimalism didn't extend to the cushioning and comfort as well.

Not everyone will have the same experience I did, you may not need to break them in as much before being able to wear them.
on April 4, 2014
I've always loved Clarks shoes and this one didn't disappoint. The leather isn't super stiff so there were no cuts on my ankle from the leather digging in like all the other effing leather shoes that I've owned. It felt like the leather was more of a soft leather blanket rather than a dominatrix leather suit wrapped around my feet. The soles were soft and incredibly comfortable. Like the headline says, it feels like I'm walking on heaven and there are angels holding my feet up off the ground as I'm walking. Definitely recommend.
on April 26, 2014
I ordered a half size smaller than usual and that was the right fit.

Also, the leather starts stiff and breaks in fairly quickly (a couple of days of office wear for me). Don't plan on long walking days right out of the box.

The finish on the leather shows any crease or mark, which is part of the design. It gives the shoe a worn, vintage look pretty quickly. Just don't expect a uniform brown leather, expect a weathered surface.

The crepe sole is pretty sticky (will pick up debris light debris) and will turn black on the bottom rim. It adds to the worn-in look.
on May 16, 2016
Great looking shoes, as well as very comfortable once they're broken in a bit. In the beginning I was getting a bit of a blister on one of my heels from these shoes, but after a while of wearing them in (a few weeks of wearing them sporadically) they're very comfortable.

Only thing I'm not crazy about is that the cream colored rubber bottoms get really dirty, really quickly. Shoes still look good though, but the bottoms are not the same color anymore.