Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 8, 2013
I normally wear 8.5 but ordered an 8 since I know they tend to run big. The 8 is still slightly big so I might exchange them for a 7.5. Other than that, though, they look sleek, the leather (I got the beeswax leather) is sturdy, and they go well with a nice pair of chinos or jeans.
on June 10, 2014
Comfortable. Seems well made. Bit stiff at first but breaks in within a few days. Several reviews mention ordering 1/2 size smaller. I wear a 12, and ordered a 12. It's roomy, but if it were any smaller, my pinky toe would be cramped.
on October 7, 2014
These shoes look great and are very comfortable. Looks great with jeans or khakis. I recommend wearing a thick pair of socks during the initial breaking in to avoid some soreness. Once broken in, you'll barely notice they're on your feet. They have great traction and are nearly silent on most floor surfaces.

Yes, as other reviewer have stated, they run a bit large. I normally wear a 10(US) but, the 9.5 fits great.

-- Cons
The crape soles show dirt easily and seem to wear out quickly.
The beeswax leather scuffs easily; however, applying a light coat of beeswax after warming the leather has them looking almost new.
on April 16, 2015
I don’t like these shoes and I am not happy with my choice! I wear size 10 (US) and I ordered 10 (US). The shoes are very tight from anywhere on my feet and I’ve got good looking blisters. After that I noticed that the manufacturer was printed a size chart inside of the shoes and it was 10 (US) goes to 43 (EU), BTW my EU size is 44 (EU). Something is not right with the shoes construction and I don’t know what it is. The result is tired legs, hurt feet and an unpleasant feeling.

In the past I’ve had visually the same Clarks model from 2007 and it was one of the best shoes pairs in my life – comfortable and extremely durable at long distance walks (~5 miles), and I still have this amazing pair.

Unfortunately it is not the case with my last model!

Here you are 2 shoes pictures of the New/Old model respectively Top/Bottom for a comparison.
review image review image review image
33 comments14 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2014
I ordered a half size smaller than usual and that was the right fit.

Also, the leather starts stiff and breaks in fairly quickly (a couple of days of office wear for me). Don't plan on long walking days right out of the box.

The finish on the leather shows any crease or mark, which is part of the design. It gives the shoe a worn, vintage look pretty quickly. Just don't expect a uniform brown leather, expect a weathered surface.

The crepe sole is pretty sticky (will pick up debris light debris) and will turn black on the bottom rim. It adds to the worn-in look.
on April 4, 2014
I've always loved Clarks shoes and this one didn't disappoint. The leather isn't super stiff so there were no cuts on my ankle from the leather digging in like all the other effing leather shoes that I've owned. It felt like the leather was more of a soft leather blanket rather than a dominatrix leather suit wrapped around my feet. The soles were soft and incredibly comfortable. Like the headline says, it feels like I'm walking on heaven and there are angels holding my feet up off the ground as I'm walking. Definitely recommend.
on May 29, 2014
I'm typically a sneaker guy so this was a big change for me. I've been so impressed with how well these shoes have broken in and become my go-to pair of shoes for most occasions. I've bought some saddle soap to keep it in good condition, but other than that they have been very sturdy shoes. I'm not sure how the other stains work out, but the beeswax gets noticeable scratches very easily. They go away with a little moisture, but it's annoying to accidentally kick a doorway and it leaves a big scratch down the side. Again, it's only cosmetic and goes away with saddle soap or even a little bit of water and your finger.
on July 28, 2014
I own a pair of clarks desert boots in beeswax and wanted a similar shoe, but for the summer time. These shoes fit the job perfectly. These go great with a pair of chinos and chino shorts. I'm a size 10 and ordered a size 9. They fit great!
on September 15, 2015
I've worn 10.5 sized Clarks before (Unstructureds), and after wearing the Desert London Oxfords for a week, I'm pretty sure 10.5 was the right size. This however this didn't stop them from wearing the skin off the backs of my heels (on the Achilles tendon) on the first day I wore them outside. After a brisk 10 minute walk to work, they drew blood. I had walked around in them indoors before committing to wearing them outdoors, but had no indication of the pain they would inflict. I've worn shoes without padded rear sections before without a problem, but something about the way these shoes are shaped rubbed my feet the wrong way. After wearing them outside, they were no longer in any condition to return, so instead, I spent a couple hours working the leather manually and rubbing Obenauf's leather preservative into them. This, and the band-aids I'm wearing over my wounds have made the shoes wearable. There are no removable insoles in these shoes, nor is there any room for them. You're stuck with the slim bit of padding included under the heel, and the slight bit of cushioning the softer Crepe sole provides. I can feel more of the ground than I am used to through these shoes, but don't necessarily consider that a bad thing. I like the minimalist style of the shoes, but wish the minimalism didn't extend to the cushioning and comfort as well.

Not everyone will have the same experience I did, you may not need to break them in as much before being able to wear them.
on January 15, 2014
Great shoes. Fits just right...very comfortable. Looks exactly like the picture. A perfect casual, to casual dress shoe. Highly recommend.