5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and fits great!
Published 4 months ago by rogun

2.0 out of 5 stars Should've bought wallabees
Shoes rub up against my heel every step. So far I'm not satisfied until I find a solution to my problem
Published 7 months ago by Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and fits great!, February 24, 2014
I've actually wanted a pair of Wallabee boots for decades, but just not enough to pony up the money. In addition to the high price, I also don't like the feel of tall heels, so I wasn't sure that I like the heel on the Wallabees (this is more about comfort then cosmetic.) But when I found these Gunn's on sale, with their slim soles, I had to grab them and I'm really glad I did. They look great and they're very comfortable. Like with many Clarks shoes, the amount of cushioning provided by such a slim sole is amazing.

I normally wear a 10.5-11 in shoes and a 10.5 with Clarks. So, I purchased them in both of those sizes, but have yet to receive the 10.5's, so this review is written on the size 11's, which I think I'll keep. Because of the square toe, I could probably fit into a 10.5, but I think they would be a little too tight. I have a little extra room with the 11's, but not anymore then I'd want and I think the size 11 fits perfect on me. Plus, I'll probably wear them with thick socks some times and there won't be any extra room then.

As others have noted, they are a little narrow, but mocs usually do run narrow. Plus, my feet run a little narrow and this just helps them fit snug on me, regardless of whether I have room to spare in the toes or not. They do not run particularly long, so don't worry about that. My suggestion would be to stick with your most common size, like I did, since I usually wear a size 11 in most shoes.

Several reviewers mentioned them rubbing around the heel or the shoe opening, and I can understand that. But while I haven't worn mine enough to say for sure that this won't be a problem for me, I'm not finding any discomfort yet. That's not usually a problem for me and I don't expect it to be one this time, either, but because they're narrow and have a somewhat hard band around the opening, I can see why some may complain about it.

Overall, they look and fit great and they're very comfortable, so I think I'm going to love them!

P.S. I purchased the olive pair, and as you may suspect, they're more green then in the pictures here or on the Clarks website, but they're still more of a grayish/brownish green color, which I think looks much better then in the pictures on either site.

Update: I received the smaller pair today (e.g. 10.5) and had to try them on to make sure I'd chosen the best size. Surprisingly, they fit quite well and had more toe room then I'd expected. Anatomically, the were probably a better fit, because the arch support was more appropriately located (note that I have size 10.5 feet, but fallen arches and long toes often require an 11 shoe size.) My biggest concern was probably with the width, because they were far more snug, and despite having plenty of room in the toe box, I struggled just to get them on my feet. In the end, however, I stuck with the size 11 pair to be safe and for a more comfortable fit while wearing with heavy socks. Either size would have worked, but while I hate for my shoes to be too large, I just thought the smaller size was just a little too snug on me (although, if it were a Summer shoe, I would have stuck with the smaller size.) So basically, if your feet are big for their shoe size, I'd definitely recommend going with the larger size, but if you have a narrow foot and you're not worried about them fitting snug, you might prefer the smaller. They are definitely somewhat narrow, but the length is okay.

Update 2: Another important point about this shoe is that the shoe opening is very small. It has an attached tongue, which probably contributes to this. Part of the reason why I went with the larger size is because I could barely get the smaller size on my foot. Once it was on, it didn't seem terribly small, but I suspect the snug fit of the shoe opening has something to do with the complaints of rubbing around the heel area. Putting on the larger size isn't a breeze, either, but it was much easier for me then the smaller one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mississippi, December 15, 2013
This shoe is very comfortable and stylish! It is also very affordable so I ordered another pair in Navy for my son.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should've bought wallabees, December 3, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars This shoe is not for a wider foot, June 9, 2014
This shoe is Very tight on a wider foot. With a narrower foot this shoe would be very comfortable and it stylish looks make it appropriate for most occasions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe but size don't compare with other clarks, March 20, 2014
I usually get a 7.5 in all other Clark's but these run small. I ordered another pair in an 8 and they fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars He loves it, July 16, 2013
The quality and fit is great. He also loved the additional grey lacing to give the shoes a different look.

3.0 out of 5 stars needs time to break in, September 26, 2013
Amazon Customer "bigmohican" (Kansas City, KS United States) - See all my reviews
first...it took a while to get here...almost too long...though they told me this...the back of the shoes gave me blisters...so this make me hesitant to wear them...I thought the shoes would have bit thicker soles.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorites!!, July 15, 2014
I ordered them on a Sunday and the box arrived on Tuesday. The delivery was quick and fast, plus the shoes were perfect for the price. You can't ask for more especially knowing that this brand of shoe stands behind it's quality. I'm more than pleased and would recommend these to anyone looking for a old school quality shoe for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014