5.0 out of 5 stars Overall great shoe: comfortable, versatile, and stylish.
Published on November 2, 2012 by Anonymous-7

3.0 out of 5 stars Nubuck peels
After wearing these shoes for five years every workday and replacing the heel three times (3 x $25) in the last five years, nubuck is peeling when the boots hits something. Nubuck looks cheap. I'm considering if I should switch to leather for my next pair.
Published 15 months ago by Zhopa

5.0 out of 5 stars Overall great shoe: comfortable, versatile, and stylish., November 2, 2012
I love these shoes. Clarks Rockies are comfortable, versatile, and stylish. I ordered them specifically to wear as my primary pair of shoes during my October vacation in Europe. This is my third pair of Clarks shoes, and each pair has fit perfectly right out of the box, without a break in period. I usually wear a 10 ˝ D. My foot is wide; but E width is usually too wide on me. I normally take considerable time to break in a pair of leather shoes. Even then, most leather shoes become uncomfortable across the widest part of my foot after wearing them for long periods of time or walking considerable distances in them. This pair was by far the most comfortable of all. The Rockies have better arch support, better cushion in the sole, and a heavier outsole than my first two pairs, making them better suited for constant and more rugged wear in a variety of terrain and weather conditions. I wore these throughout my two weeks in Europe as I walked the streets, sidewalks, and subways of Germany and Paris, France, as well as the wet marshes and beaches of Normandy, France, and the streets and alleys of Venice, Italy. The Gore-Tex lining kept my feet warm, dry, and comfortable without overheating, whether rain or shine, between temperatures of 35-75 degrees Farenheit, on the beach, dirt/gravel trails, grass fields, or concrete sidewalks and paved streets. The Rockies also look great. They are casual enough to wear with jeans, but sharp enough to wear with khakis/chinos. They are extremely well made and I expect them to last a long time. Overall great shoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Casual to wear, But Dressy enough, July 5, 2013
Having worn these Clark shoes one month, I can assure you of their stability and comfort. The "skin" of the nubuck leather endures scuffing very well. The mid range grey-brown color allows you to wear these shoes with a wide range of colored slacks. Fine pair of casual shoes that dress up well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable from the minute my husband put them on., December 27, 2012
Gortex coating on leather, padded footbed, classic Oxford styling, good proportions. My husband has worn them five days all day since they arrived and they are felt broken in from the first moment, we are ordering a second pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, December 19, 2012
Warm, comfortable, light weight, and they look good as somewhat dressy and as casual. Always had good luck with Clark's. These shoes do not disappoint. And price was great - cheaper than Zappos and the likes!

5.0 out of 5 stars fine, December 11, 2012
Great boots, lightweight, strong, breathe .fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Clark's shoes, October 6, 2012
The shoes fit me well right out of the box. The fit was as if I had been wearing them for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, March 26, 2011
Very comfortable shoes. I wear an 11 and these fit fine. There is not a lot of arch support, but the shoe is so comfortable, it was not a big deal. The shoe looks wider and clunkier in person and therefore is definitely a casual shoe. It looks good with jeans, but not with any pants that look dressy. They scuff easily, but can be worked out. They are well constructed and will probably last well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, December 5, 2014
IS WAS EXPECTED

3.0 out of 5 stars Nubuck peels, October 23, 2013
This review is from: Clarks Men's Rockie Lo Gtx Oxford (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Damn nice shoes.., March 16, 2010
I've been wearing Clarks for about 10 years now. On my second pair.

I treat them pretty badly and they hold up. I don't really like taking care of them; the kind of leather used on this shoe does not seem like it's going to hold up to real abuse, like walking in tall grass like I did with my last pair, so I'm going to watch it.

On the other hand, it does seem like it will not require a lot of maint and will resist cracking, and may not need a lot of mink oil, etc to keep the leather from cracking as it gets old (I don't use trees and so the leather used in these seems ideal for a lazy person like me).

The soles on my first pair are amazing; I don't think these are made as well. These guys go out of business if their shoes last 10 years, so I don't blame them... my first pair just keep going and going; look only OK but they are about 8 years old, and I've worn them often. The soles are still in very good shape.

We'll see about this second pair; they look excellent, seem very well made, so I'm happy. Beats buying cheap shoes, in spades..

Clarks Men's Rockie Lo Gtx Oxford