5.0 out of 5 stars Just right
I left Clarks a number of years ago for some of the new trendy start-ups like Sketchers.

After the amount of time between needing to switch my falling-apart shoes fell closer and closer together I decided it was time for a switch.

Published on February 16, 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, expect when it rains
Published 6 months ago by Joseph Reno

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, February 16, 2012

The best pair of shoes I've ever owned was one made in Italy by a company named Cable & Co. ... It appears they no longer make shoes and were bought out by another company, but I was convinced I needed to find a $300+ made-in-Italy type shoe to treat myself with after I realized how poorly I've been treating my feet.

I unexpectedly came across these shoes and I thought I'd give them a try. Clarks are even better than I remember! I didn't read the description carefully so I was a bit surprised when I found that these did not have a typical flat bottom. I've had MBT's before and I didn't want to go that route again and probably would have passed on these shoes had I known.

It was also difficult to find out exactly where they are made by searching online, but after a bit of digging I assumed they were made in Portugal. Turns out they are actually made in China, but if they didn't print it on the shoe I would have never guessed it.

Your toes sit at an incline in these shoes and they are incredibly comfortable, all without the typical bulky look that comes along with many arched shoe beds.

I actually look forward to putting these on in the morning. I bought the brown pair and I'll be buying the black now too!

The earlier reviews discussing size really helped out a lot so I'll add my experience as well. I typically buy a 12, but have on VERY rare occasions had to go to an 11.5 in the past. I decided to go right for the 11.5 on this guy and it worked out perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - really, really comfortable shoes!, September 26, 2010
Ashok Aiyar (New Orleans, LA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Men's Wave.Tract Lace Up (Apparel)
Simply put, these shoes are terrific. I have arthritic damage in my left foot that began as a bunion, making most shoes very uncomfortable. These shoes have been terrific. I can wear them all day long without any discomfort. I literally feel a spring in my step that hasn't diminished after six months of use.

They're perfect for daily use. I have no complaints at all - I just love 'em.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes But Run A Full Size Large, January 18, 2012
First, these are great shoes - very comfortable, look good, quality seems terrific.

What you need to know is these things run a full size larger than just about every brand. I had to order 3 pairs before I got the right size. I normally wear an 11 and my feet were swimming in that size. Returned them for a 10.5 and still too big. Size 10 fit perfect - third times the charm :)

Price was really good and about $20 cheaper than local but beware of the sizing issue otherwise I would give these 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all around and travel shoe you will ever own!, August 26, 2012
I have been searching for a comfortable travel shoe for years. I have had foot surgery and have bunions and all kinds of issues with my feet and it has been difficult to find something that fits my needs until I tried the Clark's Wave. First of all, they make wide sizes which was key for me. The leather is very soft for a lace up shoe and the sole support is unbelievable. I just returned from a two week European vacation and I wore these shoes everyday which included long walks over cobble stone streets, up and down stairs and rugged paths. They are amazing! Walking over cobble stones is nothing. The support system makes you feel as if you are walking on carpet. Before purchasing these shoes, my main walking shoe was a Merrell Jungle Moc. I was so impressed with the Clark's Wave shoes that I purchased a second pair from Amazon when I returned from vacation. One note, I typically wear an 11 wide, and since Clark's shoes tend to run bigger, I ended up buying a 10 1/2 wide. I typically prefer a slip on rather than a lace up shoe, but these are so good that they have become my main shoe whether for every day or travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shoes for walking, February 25, 2012
This review is from: Clarks Men's Wave.Tract Lace Up (Apparel)
After trying many many different shoes from Clark's to replace my older pair of Clark's shoes that are 7 years old. I finally found shoes that provide enough comfort and support for my feet. I have gout and arthritis in both my feet I was told by my doctor to get new shoes that provide better comfort and support. I tried many different Clark's shoes from the unstructured line, slip ons and many others. I was not satisfied with any of them. They were stylish but they costed more and were not comfortable. Here is a short list of the shoes I treid from Clark's: unstructured unbend, unstructured uncoil, unstructured unseal, nature easy, axl, slone, espace, nebulae, nature three, wrangler. Some of them were pretty good in comfort, looks and price but none of them gave as good a fit that the wave tract did. These shoes have a very advanced design that makes walking very easy and provides less stress on your feet. These shoes are always a pleasure to walk in and reduce any pain I have in my feet that comes from putting weight on my feet for long periods of time. I got these shoes for $80 but I would gladly pay double for them. I plan on picking up another pair at $80. Maybe this time I'll get a brown pair. I own the black ones right now. Also forgot to mention these shoes are extremely light. They aren't exactly the best looking shoes I've owned but they also don't look bad and they seem to go with anything. They are in between casual shoes and sneakers interms of their looks. I have always been happy with Clark's. Been wearing their shoes for 10 years and have owned about 10 pairs in that time. Their shoes are very durable, stylish and ofcourse very comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, expect when it rains, May 27, 2014
These shoes are amazing in dry weather. Great traction, light, breathable, and comfortable. I wore these on my Europe trip, during which I did tons of walking. However, these shoes are hell on slippery surfaces, e.g. walking on smooth concrete in the rain. You could literally hear the bottom squeak with the water. At first I was still okay with it until I fell walking down a flight of stairs in Salzburg. Will be looking for another pair next time.

In dry weather, I give these shoes 5 stars.
In rainy days on smooth surfaces, I give these shoes 2 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a bit tight, for the size. Second Order, Just right., September 27, 2013
This review is from: Clarks Men's Wave.Tract Lace Up (Apparel)
This is the second time I bought footware through Amazon, estimating the size I needed. As with the last time, right out of the box, the shoes were a bit more narrow than I had expected from a D width. The length was just right, and all other parts of my foot fit well enough. I immediately ordered another pair from Clarkes, one size bigger, in black, because I sensed that with a bit of "wearing in", these shoes would come to fit me quite nicely. But I need a black pair for next week, with no time to break them in. I suggest you order a tad larger than what you may think is a perfect fit, and be prepared to return them if you estimated poorly.

Everything everyone else said about the shoe is, I believe, quite true. The construction is excellent. The leather is supple, and very attractive. One would have to look closely at the dark brown leather to see that the shoe is closer in design to a sneaker than it is to a dress shoe. It is quite comfortable for my flat feet. It just needs to be worn in a bit to widen it at the wide part of the foot.

For a first time order of a Clarkes shoe, I am happy.

Update: As I wore these over three days, they became more comfortable, so that I could go out and about with no discomfort, and the promise that they will become even more comfortable as time went on.

I bought a similar shoe, black, one size larger (before I gave the first pair to be broken in) and the width fit perfectly upon putting it on, but the length was too much, but not enough to be uncomfortable. If I buy a third pair, I may go back to a size 7 D. If I buy another style from Clarkes, I may stay with the Size 8.

3.0 out of 5 stars Squeaks!, November 21, 2012
I've worn these shoes for a few months. I bought them because I also own and very much like another pair of the same shoe in the cordovan color. One of these black Waves squeaks, however, which is most irritating. I like everything else about them. (I think the other color is much more handsome, though.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, May 6, 2011
The shoes is very comfertable and light weight. it has a good cushin so it is is great for walking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like 'em, February 21, 2014
Old Geezer (Bellevue, WA USA) - See all my reviews
My son visited, wearing a pair of these, which I thought looked good. He said that they were comfortable, and that he had taken them as his only shoes on a 3 week trip to Europe -- sufficiently comfortable for everyday wear, yet attractive enough for evening occasions. I bought a pair -- usually wear a 10 M, but upon advice, ordered a 9-1/2. They were too large, so had to return them, and buy the 9's. The fit is good, and the comfort is unbelievable. I can wear them all day and evening with no discomfort. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.

JDL