1,984 Reviews
 (1,259)

4.0 out of 5 stars These boots are great!
Published on May 8, 2009 by C. Klenner

3.0 out of 5 stars OUCH!
Published on November 24, 2011 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars These boots are great!, May 8, 2009
These boots are awesome. Very comfortable and look fantastic, wear with jeans and your classy and rugged. In regards to size, make sure you order a size down, because they do run big. I wear an 11 sneaker and wear a 10 for the boot, I could probably go down to a 9.5. Secondly, they are suede and therefore do get dirty very quickly and easily. If you are the type of person who has to have that "fresh" look than I would recommend you go with a darker color than sand. I've found that with a brush and some proper cleaning technique they can retain their luster. One thing I do wish I had done before wearing them out is to put some suede protector spray on them. Hope this review helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Use ice to stretch them out!, February 23, 2012
JC (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought these shoes in store and bought a 6.5, which was REALLY snug. I am usually a size 7, but the salesman misinformed me (he said that they run large, which is only true for MALE sizes). I tried breaking them in for 1-2 weeks, and they HURT LIKE HELL. It hurts to break them at the RIGHT size, so imagine doing it at a half size too small.

The good thing about these shoes is that they are LEATHER, which means they are very capable of stretching to accommodate your feet.

I found a trick online where you put a water-filled ziplock bag inside and stick them in the freezer for 24 hours.

After I did this, these boots became the perfect size and are so comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Style and Comfort!, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot (Apparel)
I was amazed how comfortable these shoes were right out of the box! I tried them on carpet at first and they felt great, but when I went on my hardwood floors I could really appreciate the rubber gum soles that have made these desert boots so very popular all these years. They feel wonderful on your feet and one can match them with almost anything, from blue jeans to chinos.

NOTE*** I am very glad to other reviewers who have commented on the sizing.
I normally wear a size 10 but went with a size 9-1/2 and they fit perfect! I did have the chance to try on a size 10 on sale at Macy's last weekend before these had arrived and they were big on me so I was happy when the size 9-1/2 arrived today and the fit was perfect, so be sure and order one size down as they DO RUN LARGE.
I am sure I will be ordering another pair soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, July 25, 2011
80sGuy (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot (Apparel)
Been looking for a pair of casuals forever and I've finally found them! These boots are great for any attire (well, maybe except for suits) and they are season-proof. I got the classic Beeswax version and they also look amazingly good on denims, especially on blue jeans! Be advised; although they are 'Clarks of England' but the shoes are made in Vietnam -- at least the ones sold here in the states are. Nothing wrong with that, just so you know. They don't look or (probably) feel any different than the originals and you'll just have to let them 'break-in' a little, also, they are very well built and the quality seemed to have stayed true to its original. These desert boots looked like they can stand the test of time and I'm not even going to worry about them being worn out, at least not for a very long time. The leather is supple and they are very comfortable, the plantation crepe soles are also easy on the feet. So far, I haven't gotten any static-electric shocks whenever I reached for a handshake or for my car door. Again, very comfortable pair of footwear!

Like most reviewers here had mentioned (and hats off to you all) that these shoes do run one size bigger than usual, and they only come in Medium widths. I took the advice and bought one size down and they fit perfectly, and as they are currently being 'broken-in' they feel even more comfortable. If you feel that they are a little tight on the top of your feet, you might want to loosen up the lace a bit when tying, give it some slack and it will make a whole lot of difference, especially during walking! There's not really much to brag about other than comments like "they really look good on you" as I was told, and I'm glad I bought them. Love it!

I've posted some pics of an actual pair I received. This will give you an idea of how they look in real life compared to the studio shots. Feel free.

3.0 out of 5 stars OUCH!, November 24, 2011
And I do mean OUUUUUUUUUUCH! When I found these boots in red oak and in my size, I was absolutely ecstatic! I love this style of shoe, but too often, they come in men's sizing; too big for my size 7 women's feet! I have to go on record that I did not purchase these from Amazon, but from another site because I had coupon. I am very happy that I was able to use that coupon and also found out recently, that the same company emailed me another coupon code for future purchase. These discounts help ease some of my frustration with this shoe.

Yes, it is sexy and stylish - the color is just hot - but my goodness are they a tight and uncomfortable fit. Now, this might not have been the case had I ordered them a half size larger than what I usually wear. Ordering shoes on line is tricky; you have to go by other's assessment about the accuracy of fit. This is what I did, after having read that these are true to size.

I knew I was in trouble when I first tried to get one shoe on and had trouble fitting my foot past the tongue area. I thought about sending them back, but this type of material scuffs a bit easily - which gives them a rustic look that some think are part of the charm - but probably makes them difficult to return. And in my struggling to get the one shoe on, I scuffed the shoe a bit. So, it was time to find ways to make this work; simply wear thinner socks.

A few days later I wore them for the first time with a pair of thin dress socks. Walking to my car, while the stiffness of the tongue tortured my feet from on top, the sheer lack of cushioning assaulted them from the bottom. "They just need breaking in; they will stretch," is what I told myself as I tried to walk without limping. I went through my entire work-day in sheer pain! Ten hours after I had gotten home and taken these shoes off, my feet were still screaming, and I could not imagine putting these things on again anytime soon!

Here I was stuck with a hundred dollar pair of shoes that I was afraid to put my feet into. But given that they did cost this much, of course, I am going to try to find a way to make these bad girls work for me.
Before I started typing this, I tried to put these on while wearing a pair of sweat socks; no go! It was like one of Cinderella's step sister's trying to force her hoof into the glass slipper! Currently, I am wearing them with a pair of socks that are slightly thicker than dress socks, and my feet feel like they are in some sort of choke hold, but at least in walking in them for all of 3 or 4 minutes, the soles of my feet do not feel so assaulted, but like I said, it's only been 3 or 4 minutes. I will just have to do this around my apartment for a while until they stretch out a bit. There is no way I can wear these with thin socks, as the makes me feel like I am walking on wooden planks!

I write all of this to let others know:
1. You need at least half a size larger if you plan to wear anything other than very thin dress socks
2. If you DO wear very thin sweat socks, well, you are in for some serious hurt!
3. For the right price, I would definitely buy these again (half a size larger), but only because I do think they are sexy - but I am very much hoping that the one's I already have will stretch out and I can eventually wear even a thinner type of sweat sock with them without so much discomfort and finally start to enjoy my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Choices on the Market!!, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot (Apparel)
Desert Boots and Chukka's have quickly become one of the most popular style of boots over the last couple of years. There are literally hundreds of different options out there if your looking for this style boot and the prices can range from roughly $50 all the way up to $400 dollars. With that being said, Clarks Original Desert Boot is easily one of the best of the bunch especially when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck.

I absolutely love this style boot and have over 15 pairs sitting in my closet from companies such as J.Crew, Johnston & Murphy, Frye, Diesel, John Varvatos, Red Wing, Bed:Stu, Original Penguin etc. Out of all the companies I have purchased this style boot from, there are really two that stand out more than the others in regards to getting the most bang for your buck. Those two are Clarks and J.Crew. Both make high quality boots and both keep things simple in regards to the design and that is exactly how I prefer them.

Clarks Original Desert Boot is really the epitome of simple design. No flashy cuts of leather, no funky patina's, just a clean design using classic colors and high quality full grain leather or suede. If you think these are comfortable when you first try them on, wait until you have had a pair for 6 months. These boots become like butter on your feet. In all honesty, that is one of the greatest aspects to this style of boot, they break in and become one of the most comfortable pairs of boots you have ever worn. Out of all the boots I own, its my broken in Chukka's and Desert Boots that are the most comfortable. Some of my Clark Desert Boots are over 4 years old and they are still in amazing shape. In fact, as I stated in regards to comfort, they only getter better with age. If you take proper care of them they will last a very long time.

Bottom line - Again there are now hundreds of choices out there for this style boot but very few can match Clarks Desert Boots especially when you consider the price. These are easily one of the best deals out there in regards to mens footwear. If your late to the Chukka/Desert Boot game then what are you waiting for? Every man should have at least a couple pairs in his closet. Clarks Desert Boot is a perfect place to start. The Taupe Suede & Brown Suede are the 2 that I recommend the most. They go with practically everything.

5 Stars!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced for quality, December 22, 2013
Well I've had these shoes for 3 months now and I feel like they are broken into enough to write a review.

Cons:
- Your front toes and soles will get wet when it rains or snows. There is nothing you can do to prevent this, it is inherent in the shoes construction. but then again I don't think they claim waterproof but still it is a large drawback walking round with wet socks.
- Walking more than 20 minutes makes the front soles on my feet hurt like I've never felt before. This is partly because they only provide padding for the rear heal on the shoe. I do not have feet problems nor have I ever had a discomfort with any other shoe.
- Crappy laces, this is self explanatory. They feel like they are going to snap every time I tie them.
- The bottom "natural crepe" sole gets very dirty and there is nothing you can do to keep them clean.
- Price, I got them for $99 but I feel like they are only worth $40, no more.

Pros:
- They go with most of my pants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have, March 19, 2010
Essential. You'll get noticed--in a good way. Be sure to buy a half-size down as they stretch; I didn't come up with this rule, but I'm glad I followed it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clarks Men's Desert Boot, January 10, 2012
Not bad. Needs to be more supportive if worn for several hours. Also, needs one more eyelet for lacing. Easy to keep clean.

3.0 out of 5 stars great, December 9, 2012
they have to break in. the leather/suede can hurt the back of your foot. i have callouses now where my foot rubs against the back. however, they are very soft in other places. also, they run big. i have a 10 sneaker, a 9.5 dress shoe, and i got these in a 9. i had to return the 9.5s.

Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot