1,751 Reviews
 (1,109)

4.0 out of 5 stars These boots are great!
Published on May 8, 2009 by C. Klenner

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced for quality
Well I've had these shoes for 3 months now and I feel like they are broken into enough to write a review.

Cons:
Published 10 months ago by T. Damo

4.0 out of 5 stars These boots are great!, May 8, 2009
These boots are awesome. Very comfortable and look fantastic, wear with jeans and your classy and rugged. In regards to size, make sure you order a size down, because they do run big. I wear an 11 sneaker and wear a 10 for the boot, I could probably go down to a 9.5. Secondly, they are suede and therefore do get dirty very quickly and easily. If you are the type of person who has to have that "fresh" look than I would recommend you go with a darker color than sand. I've found that with a brush and some proper cleaning technique they can retain their luster. One thing I do wish I had done before wearing them out is to put some suede protector spray on them. Hope this review helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Style and Comfort!, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot (Apparel)
I was amazed how comfortable these shoes were right out of the box! I tried them on carpet at first and they felt great, but when I went on my hardwood floors I could really appreciate the rubber gum soles that have made these desert boots so very popular all these years. They feel wonderful on your feet and one can match them with almost anything, from blue jeans to chinos.

NOTE*** I am very glad to other reviewers who have commented on the sizing.
I normally wear a size 10 but went with a size 9-1/2 and they fit perfect! I did have the chance to try on a size 10 on sale at Macy's last weekend before these had arrived and they were big on me so I was happy when the size 9-1/2 arrived today and the fit was perfect, so be sure and order one size down as they DO RUN LARGE.
I am sure I will be ordering another pair soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Choices on the Market!!, January 10, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot (Apparel)
Desert Boots and Chukka's have quickly become one of the most popular style of boots over the last couple of years. There are literally hundreds of different options out there if your looking for this style boot and the prices can range from roughly $50 all the way up to $400 dollars. With that being said, Clarks Original Desert Boot is easily one of the best of the bunch especially when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck.

I absolutely love this style boot and have over 15 pairs sitting in my closet from companies such as J.Crew, Johnston & Murphy, Frye, Diesel, John Varvatos, Red Wing, Bed:Stu, Original Penguin etc. Out of all the companies I have purchased this style boot from, there are really two that stand out more than the others in regards to getting the most bang for your buck. Those two are Clarks and J.Crew. Both make high quality boots and both keep things simple in regards to the design and that is exactly how I prefer them.

Clarks Original Desert Boot is really the epitome of simple design. No flashy cuts of leather, no funky patina's, just a clean design using classic colors and high quality full grain leather or suede. If you think these are comfortable when you first try them on, wait until you have had a pair for 6 months. These boots become like butter on your feet. In all honesty, that is one of the greatest aspects to this style of boot, they break in and become one of the most comfortable pairs of boots you have ever worn. Out of all the boots I own, its my broken in Chukka's and Desert Boots that are the most comfortable. Some of my Clark Desert Boots are over 4 years old and they are still in amazing shape. In fact, as I stated in regards to comfort, they only getter better with age. If you take proper care of them they will last a very long time.

Bottom line - Again there are now hundreds of choices out there for this style boot but very few can match Clarks Desert Boots especially when you consider the price. These are easily one of the best deals out there in regards to mens footwear. If your late to the Chukka/Desert Boot game then what are you waiting for? Every man should have at least a couple pairs in his closet. Clarks Desert Boot is a perfect place to start. The Taupe Suede & Brown Suede are the 2 that I recommend the most. They go with practically everything.

5 Stars!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced for quality, December 22, 2013

Cons:
- Your front toes and soles will get wet when it rains or snows. There is nothing you can do to prevent this, it is inherent in the shoes construction. but then again I don't think they claim waterproof but still it is a large drawback walking round with wet socks.
- Walking more than 20 minutes makes the front soles on my feet hurt like I've never felt before. This is partly because they only provide padding for the rear heal on the shoe. I do not have feet problems nor have I ever had a discomfort with any other shoe.
- Crappy laces, this is self explanatory. They feel like they are going to snap every time I tie them.
- The bottom "natural crepe" sole gets very dirty and there is nothing you can do to keep them clean.
- Price, I got them for $99 but I feel like they are only worth $40, no more.

Pros:
- They go with most of my pants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have, March 19, 2010
Essential. You'll get noticed--in a good way. Be sure to buy a half-size down as they stretch; I didn't come up with this rule, but I'm glad I followed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, November 15, 2012
Got the shoes in 3 days and it fit perfectly. Hit it one size down. My normal size and it fit good

3.0 out of 5 stars Clarks Men's Desert Boot, January 10, 2012
Not bad. Needs to be more supportive if worn for several hours. Also, needs one more eyelet for lacing. Easy to keep clean.

3.0 out of 5 stars great, December 9, 2012
they have to break in. the leather/suede can hurt the back of your foot. i have callouses now where my foot rubs against the back. however, they are very soft in other places. also, they run big. i have a 10 sneaker, a 9.5 dress shoe, and i got these in a 9. i had to return the 9.5s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clark's Desert Boots, September 10, 2008
Still wearing them since the '60's (but NOT the same ones) and still enjoying the comfort and versatility. They "go" with anything, great for travel, and if they get to grungy for you, put them in the shower with you once in awhile...they can take it...

5.0 out of 5 stars like compliments?, October 23, 2010
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot (Apparel)
These are really nice looking shoes. They look good with any kind of style whether it is dress or causal, even with long pants or shorts! I usually would never wear boots with shorts, but these boots actually look good with them on and draws more attention to them, as they have a unique look. I can't even tell how many compliments I have received while wearing these boots, everyone seems to love them and sometimes they are a conversational piece. I love these boots. The only bad things I can say about these boots are, that they run a little big, suede gets dirty easily (I knew that when I bought them though) and the bottoms of the shoes shows dirt pretty bad (no big deal). When the suede gets dirty and has stains or what have you, I strongly recommend buy the DRY CLEANING KIT that timberland makes, it gets everything stain off your boot like magic. Spraying cleaner can darken the color of the suede and you don't want that. IF you buy these boots buy the dry cleaning kit, you will thank me later I'm telling you.

Clarks Originals Men's Desert Boot