Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 8, 2009
These boots are awesome. Very comfortable and look fantastic, wear with jeans and your classy and rugged. In regards to size, make sure you order a size down, because they do run big. I wear an 11 sneaker and wear a 10 for the boot, I could probably go down to a 9.5. Secondly, they are suede and therefore do get dirty very quickly and easily. If you are the type of person who has to have that "fresh" look than I would recommend you go with a darker color than sand. I've found that with a brush and some proper cleaning technique they can retain their luster. One thing I do wish I had done before wearing them out is to put some suede protector spray on them. Hope this review helps!
77 comments294 of 318 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2011
Been looking for a pair of casuals forever and I've finally found them! These boots are great for any attire (well, maybe except for suits) and they are season-proof. I got the classic Beeswax version and they also look amazingly good on denims, especially on blue jeans! Be advised; although they are 'Clarks of England' but the shoes are made in Vietnam -- at least the ones sold here in the states are. Nothing wrong with that, just so you know. They don't look or (probably) feel any different than the originals and you'll just have to let them 'break-in' a little, also, they are very well built and the quality seemed to have stayed true to its original. These desert boots looked like they can stand the test of time and I'm not even going to worry about them being worn out, at least not for a very long time. The leather is supple and they are very comfortable, the plantation crepe soles are also easy on the feet. So far, I haven't gotten any static-electric shocks whenever I reached for a handshake or for my car door. Again, very comfortable pair of footwear!

Like most reviewers here had mentioned (and hats off to you all) that these shoes do run one size bigger than usual, and they only come in Medium widths. I took the advice and bought one size down and they fit perfectly, and as they are currently being 'broken-in' they feel even more comfortable. If you feel that they are a little tight on the top of your feet, you might want to loosen up the lace a bit when tying, give it some slack and it will make a whole lot of difference, especially during walking! There's not really much to brag about other than comments like "they really look good on you" as I was told, and I'm glad I bought them. Love it!

I've posted some pics of an actual pair I received. This will give you an idea of how they look in real life compared to the studio shots. Feel free.
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments150 of 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2015
I ordered two pairs of these Beeswax Clark's Original Desert Boots from two different websites for comparison. One from Amazon, and one from the Clark's website. There are noticeable differences between the two. (SEE PHOTOS)
The pair I ordered through Amazon (on the left) are made of thinner, less quality leather. The ones from Clark's (on the right) are a much beefier, thicker leather with a higher quality grain and have more of a "real leather boot" feel. Whereas the ones from Amazon feel somewhat like cheap knockoffs in comparison. They are still a decent shoe for the price. But compared to the ones from Clark's they seem much flimsier.
review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments53 of 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2012
I bought these shoes in store and bought a 6.5, which was REALLY snug. I am usually a size 7, but the salesman misinformed me (he said that they run large, which is only true for MALE sizes). I tried breaking them in for 1-2 weeks, and they HURT LIKE HELL. It hurts to break them at the RIGHT size, so imagine doing it at a half size too small.

The good thing about these shoes is that they are LEATHER, which means they are very capable of stretching to accommodate your feet.

I found a trick online where you put a water-filled ziplock bag inside and stick them in the freezer for 24 hours.

After I did this, these boots became the perfect size and are so comfortable.
11 comment27 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2011
I was amazed how comfortable these shoes were right out of the box! I tried them on carpet at first and they felt great, but when I went on my hardwood floors I could really appreciate the rubber gum soles that have made these desert boots so very popular all these years. They feel wonderful on your feet and one can match them with almost anything, from blue jeans to chinos.

NOTE*** I am very glad to other reviewers who have commented on the sizing.
I normally wear a size 10 but went with a size 9-1/2 and they fit perfect! I did have the chance to try on a size 10 on sale at Macy's last weekend before these had arrived and they were big on me so I was happy when the size 9-1/2 arrived today and the fit was perfect, so be sure and order one size down as they DO RUN LARGE.
I am sure I will be ordering another pair soon!
0Comment100 of 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2011
Desert Boots and Chukka's have quickly become one of the most popular style of boots over the last couple of years. There are literally hundreds of different options out there if your looking for this style boot and the prices can range from roughly $50 all the way up to $400 dollars. With that being said, Clarks Original Desert Boot is easily one of the best of the bunch especially when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck.

I absolutely love this style boot and have over 15 pairs sitting in my closet from companies such as J.Crew, Johnston & Murphy, Frye, Diesel, John Varvatos, Red Wing, Bed:Stu, Original Penguin etc. Out of all the companies I have purchased this style boot from, there are really two that stand out more than the others in regards to getting the most bang for your buck. Those two are Clarks and J.Crew. Both make high quality boots and both keep things simple in regards to the design and that is exactly how I prefer them.

Clarks Original Desert Boot is really the epitome of simple design. No flashy cuts of leather, no funky patina's, just a clean design using classic colors and high quality full grain leather or suede. If you think these are comfortable when you first try them on, wait until you have had a pair for 6 months. These boots become like butter on your feet. In all honesty, that is one of the greatest aspects to this style of boot, they break in and become one of the most comfortable pairs of boots you have ever worn. Out of all the boots I own, its my broken in Chukka's and Desert Boots that are the most comfortable. Some of my Clark Desert Boots are over 4 years old and they are still in amazing shape. In fact, as I stated in regards to comfort, they only getter better with age. If you take proper care of them they will last a very long time.

Bottom line - Again there are now hundreds of choices out there for this style boot but very few can match Clarks Desert Boots especially when you consider the price. These are easily one of the best deals out there in regards to mens footwear. If your late to the Chukka/Desert Boot game then what are you waiting for? Every man should have at least a couple pairs in his closet. Clarks Desert Boot is a perfect place to start. The Taupe Suede & Brown Suede are the 2 that I recommend the most. They go with practically everything.

5 Stars!!
77 comments136 of 171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2015
I purchased the Clarks Desert Boots in late February and they're falling apart now in June. I had high hopes when these boots arrived. They looked good on me and I was expecting to get some good use out of a pair of $112 boots. I was wrong.

The first thing I noticed about these boots is that they have very little traction. A poor choice of footwear if you live in the Pacific Northwest! Even though I am cautious in the rain, I've still slipped a few times while walking in these.

In the attached photos, you can see how terribly worn-down these boots are after only three months of use. The leather upper is still is decent condition, but everything else is already shot -- shoelace included. My usual routine is walking three blocks to work and standing about 35 hours per week; mostly on anti-fatigue mats. I do stand a lot, but that's why I spent the extra money on "good" shoes!

I was really expecting more from these boots. I like to think that I received a bad pair, but I definitely won't be buying another.
review image review image
77 comments33 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2011
And I do mean OUUUUUUUUUUCH! When I found these boots in red oak and in my size, I was absolutely ecstatic! I love this style of shoe, but too often, they come in men's sizing; too big for my size 7 women's feet! I have to go on record that I did not purchase these from Amazon, but from another site because I had coupon. I am very happy that I was able to use that coupon and also found out recently, that the same company emailed me another coupon code for future purchase. These discounts help ease some of my frustration with this shoe.

Yes, it is sexy and stylish - the color is just hot - but my goodness are they a tight and uncomfortable fit. Now, this might not have been the case had I ordered them a half size larger than what I usually wear. Ordering shoes on line is tricky; you have to go by other's assessment about the accuracy of fit. This is what I did, after having read that these are true to size.

I knew I was in trouble when I first tried to get one shoe on and had trouble fitting my foot past the tongue area. I thought about sending them back, but this type of material scuffs a bit easily - which gives them a rustic look that some think are part of the charm - but probably makes them difficult to return. And in my struggling to get the one shoe on, I scuffed the shoe a bit. So, it was time to find ways to make this work; simply wear thinner socks.

A few days later I wore them for the first time with a pair of thin dress socks. Walking to my car, while the stiffness of the tongue tortured my feet from on top, the sheer lack of cushioning assaulted them from the bottom. "They just need breaking in; they will stretch," is what I told myself as I tried to walk without limping. I went through my entire work-day in sheer pain! Ten hours after I had gotten home and taken these shoes off, my feet were still screaming, and I could not imagine putting these things on again anytime soon!

Here I was stuck with a hundred dollar pair of shoes that I was afraid to put my feet into. But given that they did cost this much, of course, I am going to try to find a way to make these bad girls work for me.
Before I started typing this, I tried to put these on while wearing a pair of sweat socks; no go! It was like one of Cinderella's step sister's trying to force her hoof into the glass slipper! Currently, I am wearing them with a pair of socks that are slightly thicker than dress socks, and my feet feel like they are in some sort of choke hold, but at least in walking in them for all of 3 or 4 minutes, the soles of my feet do not feel so assaulted, but like I said, it's only been 3 or 4 minutes. I will just have to do this around my apartment for a while until they stretch out a bit. There is no way I can wear these with thin socks, as the makes me feel like I am walking on wooden planks!

I write all of this to let others know:
1. You need at least half a size larger if you plan to wear anything other than very thin dress socks
2. If you DO wear very thin sweat socks, well, you are in for some serious hurt!
3. For the right price, I would definitely buy these again (half a size larger), but only because I do think they are sexy - but I am very much hoping that the one's I already have will stretch out and I can eventually wear even a thinner type of sweat sock with them without so much discomfort and finally start to enjoy my purchase.
33 comments25 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2010
Essential. You'll get noticed--in a good way. Be sure to buy a half-size down as they stretch; I didn't come up with this rule, but I'm glad I followed it.
0Comment22 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2015
I own a pair of 9.5" clarks bushacre 2 shoes that i have been using for work for a year now, bought these to wear as a second pair they don't fit the same, they are smaller and narrower, about the same as a size 9" bushacre 2, apart from that they are comfortable, i wear them at work for 9-10 hours 5 days a week, they are comfortable and hold up to some good punishment, been 2 months now and they still look pretty good.

My two chief complaints are the inside cushioning is only glued in and from the first time i ever put my foot in it the glue came loose on a corner and it slowly started rolling up whenever i put my foot in, the second is the sole seems to wear down very fast, in just 2 months it looks like my bushacre 2 does after a year.
review image review image review image review image
22 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse