Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

on May 8, 2009
These boots are awesome. Very comfortable and look fantastic, wear with jeans and your classy and rugged. In regards to size, make sure you order a size down, because they do run big. I wear an 11 sneaker and wear a 10 for the boot, I could probably go down to a 9.5. Secondly, they are suede and therefore do get dirty very quickly and easily. If you are the type of person who has to have that "fresh" look than I would recommend you go with a darker color than sand. I've found that with a brush and some proper cleaning technique they can retain their luster. One thing I do wish I had done before wearing them out is to put some suede protector spray on them. Hope this review helps!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2011
Been looking for a pair of casuals forever and I've finally found them! These boots are great for any attire (well, maybe except for suits) and they are season-proof. I got the classic Beeswax version and they also look amazingly good on denims, especially on blue jeans! Be advised; although they are 'Clarks of England' but the shoes are made in Vietnam -- at least the ones sold here in the states are. Nothing wrong with that, just so you know. They don't look or (probably) feel any different than the originals and you'll just have to let them 'break-in' a little, also, they are very well built and the quality seemed to have stayed true to its original. These desert boots looked like they can stand the test of time and I'm not even going to worry about them being worn out, at least not for a very long time. The leather is supple and they are very comfortable, the plantation crepe soles are also easy on the feet. So far, I haven't gotten any static-electric shocks whenever I reached for a handshake or for my car door. Again, very comfortable pair of footwear!

Like most reviewers here had mentioned (and hats off to you all) that these shoes do run one size bigger than usual, and they only come in Medium widths. I took the advice and bought one size down and they fit perfectly, and as they are currently being 'broken-in' they feel even more comfortable. If you feel that they are a little tight on the top of your feet, you might want to loosen up the lace a bit when tying, give it some slack and it will make a whole lot of difference, especially during walking! There's not really much to brag about other than comments like "they really look good on you" as I was told, and I'm glad I bought them. Love it!

I've posted some pics of an actual pair I received. This will give you an idea of how they look in real life compared to the studio shots. Feel free.
review image review image review image review image review image
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2011
I was amazed how comfortable these shoes were right out of the box! I tried them on carpet at first and they felt great, but when I went on my hardwood floors I could really appreciate the rubber gum soles that have made these desert boots so very popular all these years. They feel wonderful on your feet and one can match them with almost anything, from blue jeans to chinos.

NOTE*** I am very glad to other reviewers who have commented on the sizing.
I normally wear a size 10 but went with a size 9-1/2 and they fit perfect! I did have the chance to try on a size 10 on sale at Macy's last weekend before these had arrived and they were big on me so I was happy when the size 9-1/2 arrived today and the fit was perfect, so be sure and order one size down as they DO RUN LARGE.
I am sure I will be ordering another pair soon!
on January 10, 2011
Desert Boots and Chukka's have quickly become one of the most popular style of boots over the last couple of years. There are literally hundreds of different options out there if your looking for this style boot and the prices can range from roughly $50 all the way up to $400 dollars. With that being said, Clarks Original Desert Boot is easily one of the best of the bunch especially when it comes to getting the most bang for your buck.

I absolutely love this style boot and have over 15 pairs sitting in my closet from companies such as J.Crew, Johnston & Murphy, Frye, Diesel, John Varvatos, Red Wing, Bed:Stu, Original Penguin etc. Out of all the companies I have purchased this style boot from, there are really two that stand out more than the others in regards to getting the most bang for your buck. Those two are Clarks and J.Crew. Both make high quality boots and both keep things simple in regards to the design and that is exactly how I prefer them.

Clarks Original Desert Boot is really the epitome of simple design. No flashy cuts of leather, no funky patina's, just a clean design using classic colors and high quality full grain leather or suede. If you think these are comfortable when you first try them on, wait until you have had a pair for 6 months. These boots become like butter on your feet. In all honesty, that is one of the greatest aspects to this style of boot, they break in and become one of the most comfortable pairs of boots you have ever worn. Out of all the boots I own, its my broken in Chukka's and Desert Boots that are the most comfortable. Some of my Clark Desert Boots are over 4 years old and they are still in amazing shape. In fact, as I stated in regards to comfort, they only getter better with age. If you take proper care of them they will last a very long time.

Bottom line - Again there are now hundreds of choices out there for this style boot but very few can match Clarks Desert Boots especially when you consider the price. These are easily one of the best deals out there in regards to mens footwear. If your late to the Chukka/Desert Boot game then what are you waiting for? Every man should have at least a couple pairs in his closet. Clarks Desert Boot is a perfect place to start. The Taupe Suede & Brown Suede are the 2 that I recommend the most. They go with practically everything.

5 Stars!!
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2015
I purchased the Clarks Desert Boots in late February and they're falling apart now in June. I had high hopes when these boots arrived. They looked good on me and I was expecting to get some good use out of a pair of $112 boots. I was wrong.

The first thing I noticed about these boots is that they have very little traction. A poor choice of footwear if you live in the Pacific Northwest! Even though I am cautious in the rain, I've still slipped a few times while walking in these.

In the attached photos, you can see how terribly worn-down these boots are after only three months of use. The leather upper is still is decent condition, but everything else is already shot -- shoelace included. My usual routine is walking three blocks to work and standing about 35 hours per week; mostly on anti-fatigue mats. I do stand a lot, but that's why I spent the extra money on "good" shoes!

I was really expecting more from these boots. I like to think that I received a bad pair, but I definitely won't be buying another.
review image review image
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2010
Essential. You'll get noticed--in a good way. Be sure to buy a half-size down as they stretch; I didn't come up with this rule, but I'm glad I followed it.
on January 8, 2015
I received these boots as a Christmas gift. They are NOT leather, even though the description clearly states they should be. I have enclosed a picture, but under the tongue it reads "MAN MADE UPPER," rather than "LEATHER UPPER." Customer Service said I could essentially get a gift card, or order another pair and see if they arrive correctly. I have gone ahead and done the latter, so expect an update either way when I receive the replacement.
review image
on December 9, 2012
they have to break in. the leather/suede can hurt the back of your foot. i have callouses now where my foot rubs against the back. however, they are very soft in other places. also, they run big. i have a 10 sneaker, a 9.5 dress shoe, and i got these in a 9. i had to return the 9.5s.
on January 10, 2012
Not bad. Needs to be more supportive if worn for several hours. Also, needs one more eyelet for lacing. Easy to keep clean.
on June 8, 2015
I own a pair of 9.5" clarks bushacre 2 shoes that i have been using for work for a year now, bought these to wear as a second pair they don't fit the same, they are smaller and narrower, about the same as a size 9" bushacre 2, apart from that they are comfortable, i wear them at work for 9-10 hours 5 days a week, they are comfortable and hold up to some good punishment, been 2 months now and they still look pretty good.

My two chief complaints are the inside cushioning is only glued in and from the first time i ever put my foot in it the glue came loose on a corner and it slowly started rolling up whenever i put my foot in, the second is the sole seems to wear down very fast, in just 2 months it looks like my bushacre 2 does after a year.
review image review image review image review image