5.0 out of 5 stars Great All Around Shoe/Boot
This is a great product. They look nice with all types of jeans and khakis. The sizes run a little big. I ordered a size 12 and probably would have been good in an 11 or 11 1/2.
Overall very satisfied. Will probably order another pair.
Published on January 30, 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Funky-Looking
This is my first pair of Desert Treks. I bought them because of the coziness of my gum-shoed Desert Weavers. The Weavers became my "go-to" shoe due to their comfort. The Weavers, however, apparently went out of production.

So, I had to look to other Clarks models for gum-shoes.

At first, I considered Wallabee Oxfords. Then plan Desert Boots...
Published 12 months ago by Donald J. Mackay

5.0 out of 5 stars Great All Around Shoe/Boot, January 30, 2010
Overall very satisfied. Will probably order another pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funky-Looking, September 8, 2013
Donald J. Mackay (Zapopan, Jalisco Mexico) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Trek Chukka Boot (Apparel)

So, I had to look to other Clarks models for gum-shoes.

At first, I considered Wallabee Oxfords. Then plan Desert Boots.

I chose Desert Treks because they were oxfords and different, with a distinctive seam up the middle that makes them funky. They remind me of the Earth Shoes of the 1970's.

Now that I have them, maybe they are too funky. I can see them with jeans, but they are a bit kinky for khakis. They are not as comfortable as my prior Clark shoes, but they may simply need more time to get fully broken-in. As other reviewers have noted, they lack arch support and the laces are cheap-looking, not up to the otherwise quality of the shoe.

The crepe sole doesn't have the bounce of my Desert Weavers, so they aren't as comfortable as yet. Maybe the stiffer sole might make them better for light hiking-duty. We'll see (not so, Desert Treks are just causal shoes, not fit for treking. They may be best suited for simply a walk in the park).

One definite plus is the generous toe-room of the shoe.

A word of caution. Do not order these shoes in a size smaller. Some reviewers suggest Clarks come large and recommend going down one size. These shoes come true to size, if fact, fit snugly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, February 14, 2008
I recently bought these shoes and I've been very impressed. It's important to note that these shoes don't have much arch support- steer clear if you need arch support. The beeswax coated variety break in nicely and look great. I would recommend treating them with some sort of a shoe rub similar to the Dr. Marten's creme or LL BEAN duckboot cream. These shoes are my favorite pair after only a few days and will remain there for years. My roommate has had a pair of Clarks for years and has no complaints either.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love 'em, May 6, 2012
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Trek Chukka Boot (Apparel)
First time I put these on, I could not believe how comfortable they were! Absolutely love them and will buy another pair in a different color.

3.0 out of 5 stars They are OK. Not bad, not great, just OK., February 16, 2013
Pros
I like the style of the shoes. They look good with jeans and casual wear. I really like the darker brown leather on the back. It gives a pretty cool look on that portion of the shoe.

Cons
They aren't as comfortable as I had hoped. There is virtually no arch support. The soles are pretty flat and do not provide really any sense of cushioning. If you like a feel of being in touch with the ground and not very cushy soles, you will like these. I read several reviews stating that these were the most comfortable shoes ever, etc. I certainly cannot agree with that. They can be a little difficult to get on and for me, they tend to wear (rub) on my heel. Of course I have only worn them a few times at this point, so I'm hoping that they will break in and be better. Also, I'm very glad that I read other reviews because several folks commented that the sizing runs a bit large. I agree. I normally wear 13 and I bought 12. With the size 12, I have plenty of room. This is not an issue, just something that anyone buying online needs to know.

Overall
They are just ok. I really wanted to love them, but I haven't gotten there yet. These will probably be shoes that I wear because I like the look much more than because I like the feel.
I hope this helps you in your decision to purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe great price., November 25, 2011
I seriously love these shoes. so comfortable. I really don't know how much I can personally write about a shoe but this pair makes me feel like rambo and brad pitt all at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoe, May 21, 2008
This shoe is pretty comfortable, once you get it on...Don't know if it's just me, but it's a little tight which makes putting it on kinda difficult. Otherwise, great shoe!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe Little Darker Than The Picture Shows, November 18, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Desert Trek Chukka Boot (Apparel)
I ordered the beeswax colored shoe and the true color is more like the rear of the shoe in the online picture, the fade effect in the front isn't really there. I love the shoes and I can't stop getting compliments about them. They are very comfortable and run about a half size larger. Would definitely purchase again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes., July 19, 2014
Nice shoes, but you won't be able to add an insole in these it'll be too tight. The toe box vertical height is perfect if you're just wearing socks, but if you add an insole you're toes will rub against the top of the shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Need a little wearing in, January 7, 2014
My Trekkers arrived promptly downunder prior to Xmas which was a great effort. I was concerned about some reviews that say the sizes are generally larger but I have found that the size was ok from my point of view, but I did make some allowance for this. I have purchased other US size 9s that have fitted me so I went a 1/2 size smaller and they fit well.They are a little hard to put on as what is effectively the tongue comes up quite high on your foot by comparisin to other styles of casuals. As you wear them more, they become easier and it's nothing the old shoe horn can't fix. Also, they are a bit stiff first up because the leather is quite thick and of good quality. After 2 or 3 decent wears, they soften and become much more comfortable, so give them time. I have a narrow foot and I have no concerns about the width. All in all I am very happy with my Trekkers and I would recommend them . It's a bit of deja vu for me also as I had my first pair way back in '73 and I loved them then too. N.B. The Beeswax leather on my pair is much darker than shown on the the photo. Hope this helps.

Clarks Originals Men's Desert Trek Chukka Boot