Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 16, 2013
Pros
I like the style of the shoes. They look good with jeans and casual wear. I really like the darker brown leather on the back. It gives a pretty cool look on that portion of the shoe.

Cons
They aren't as comfortable as I had hoped. There is virtually no arch support. The soles are pretty flat and do not provide really any sense of cushioning. If you like a feel of being in touch with the ground and not very cushy soles, you will like these. I read several reviews stating that these were the most comfortable shoes ever, etc. I certainly cannot agree with that. They can be a little difficult to get on and for me, they tend to wear (rub) on my heel. Of course I have only worn them a few times at this point, so I'm hoping that they will break in and be better. Also, I'm very glad that I read other reviews because several folks commented that the sizing runs a bit large. I agree. I normally wear 13 and I bought 12. With the size 12, I have plenty of room. This is not an issue, just something that anyone buying online needs to know.

Overall
They are just ok. I really wanted to love them, but I haven't gotten there yet. These will probably be shoes that I wear because I like the look much more than because I like the feel.
I hope this helps you in your decision to purchase.
on February 14, 2008
I recently bought these shoes and I've been very impressed. It's important to note that these shoes don't have much arch support- steer clear if you need arch support. The beeswax coated variety break in nicely and look great. I would recommend treating them with some sort of a shoe rub similar to the Dr. Marten's creme or LL BEAN duckboot cream. These shoes are my favorite pair after only a few days and will remain there for years. My roommate has had a pair of Clarks for years and has no complaints either.
on July 20, 2015
I wear a 10.5 in sneakers , 9.5 in Desert Clarks and for this shoe, the 10 was perfect.

The shoe is just amazing in looks , compliments from strangers everyday..I especially love the contrast with the tan on the heel of the shoe. I have flat feet and these work just perfect for me just note that the shoe is probably gonna be a tad heavier than you're used to but its not bothersome.

Overall happy wid the purchase
review image review image review image
on September 8, 2013
This is my first pair of Desert Treks. I bought them because of the coziness of my gum-shoed Desert Weavers. The Weavers became my "go-to" shoe due to their comfort. The Weavers, however, apparently went out of production.

So, I had to look to other Clarks models for gum-shoes.

At first, I considered Wallabee Oxfords. Then plan Desert Boots.

I chose Desert Treks because they were oxfords and different, with a distinctive seam up the middle that makes them funky. They remind me of the Earth Shoes of the 1970's.

Now that I have them, maybe they are too funky. I can see them with jeans, but they are a bit kinky for khakis. They are not as comfortable as my prior Clark shoes, but they may simply need more time to get fully broken-in. As other reviewers have noted, they lack arch support and the laces are cheap-looking, not up to the otherwise quality of the shoe.

The crepe sole doesn't have the bounce of my Desert Weavers, so they aren't as comfortable as yet. Maybe the stiffer sole might make them better for light hiking-duty. We'll see (not so, Desert Treks are just causal shoes, not fit for treking. They may be best suited for simply a walk in the park).

One definite plus is the generous toe-room of the shoe.

A word of caution. Do not order these shoes in a size smaller. Some reviewers suggest Clarks come large and recommend going down one size. These shoes come true to size, if fact, fit snugly.
on May 18, 2015
I recently bought a pair of Clark's Bushacre Beeswax Desert Boots and a pair of Clark's Vulco Spear Moccasin Boots. After reading a lot of buyers' reviews about sizing, I bought the desert boots a half size smaller. They fit perfectly. So, when I bought the Vulco Spears, I bought a half size smaller, too. Again, a perfect fit. I've been eyeing these Desert Trek Beeswax shoes for a long time. The style has been around for a long time. I had a pair when I was in high school and loved them, and that was 47 years ago, but they were the suede ones. I couldn't go suede again because they get dirty too easily and, although I like good shoes, I don't like worrying about where I'm tromping around in them. Therefore, the beeswax finish is perfect for me. But I digress.... When I ordered my Desert Treks, I ordered a half size down because I'm thinking Desert Treks = Desert Boots, right? Well, that didn't quite work out this time. I had to send them back for a half size larger, which is actually my true shoe size (I think). Amazon was awesome regarding the return. I went online on a Thursday to set up the exchange and I got the correct size I needed the next Monday and they were almost $18 cheaper. I don't understand why that made a difference but if you've purchased shoes from Amazon you've probably already noticed that little quirk. But, again, I digress.... These Desert Treks are very comfortable, the width is great (no toe-scrunching), and the crepe soles provide a lot of cushioning, which is missing from my Bushacre Desert Boots. I have no arch problems, but note there's no internal arch support in these shoes. I've used Obenauf's Heavy Duty Leather Preservative on my Desert Boots and loved how it's taken care of them. I wear them walking my dog every day through dirt trails and among lots of sticks on the ground and the exterior of the boots is holding up very well with no scratch marks. But I'm not sure I'm going to use the leather preservative on these Desert Treks quite yet because I want to see if I'm down with the distressed look I hope they'll get. Just out of the box they're already a little lighter in color where they crease when I walk. But I think I'm going to love these shoes. They have a classic look and, since I'm old and don't have much hair anymore, I like to have my casual shoes make the "statement" that my hair used to make.
on November 18, 2011
I ordered the beeswax colored shoe and the true color is more like the rear of the shoe in the online picture, the fade effect in the front isn't really there. I love the shoes and I can't stop getting compliments about them. They are very comfortable and run about a half size larger. Would definitely purchase again.
on July 19, 2014
Nice shoes, but you won't be able to add an insole in these it'll be too tight. The toe box vertical height is perfect if you're just wearing socks, but if you add an insole you're toes will rub against the top of the shoes.
on November 25, 2011
I seriously love these shoes. so comfortable. I really don't know how much I can personally write about a shoe but this pair makes me feel like rambo and brad pitt all at the same time.
on May 17, 2015
These are perfect shoes for jeans/ casual. They're well made, and fit true to size. I had a pair of these decades ago and they're as good as I had remembered.
review image
on November 2, 2015
I have owned a few pairs of these so my review is pretty accurate.

Pros:
Incredibly durable and long lasting, comfortable and pack easy (fold pretty flat in your bar). Looks nice enough to wear to a nicer dinner or venue, but feels and looks timelessly comfortable and fashionable with a pair of jeans and a t-shirt also.

Cons (or "need to knows"):
They are leather, so Clarks accounts for "break in" when they make them. ORDER THEM A HALF A SIZE SMALLER THAN WHAT YOU WEAR. They will be a bit tight when you try them on...and that's ok...they will break in to be comfy after a few wears. I have wide feet and wear orthotics and these break in great for me. No arch support to speak of, but any shoe insert fixes that (and feels better than any manufacturer insole anyway).