Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on September 3, 2014
I try to buy decent shoes so they will last me a few years. I bought these in January of 2013 from amazon based upon the Clarks brand name. They took a couple weeks to break in.

Around ~3+ months ago, the leather lower stitching started ripping away from the sole and around the same time, the lace ripped. The leather upper/lower are still in great condition (I used sno-seal).

These are my daily shoes - mostly for work and casual with occasional trip to NYC. I live in southern california so mostly driving and not walking. I have never gone hiking in them nor abused them (imo).

Another con is that the nice looking rubber will turn gray/black from extended use and exposure to dirt and asphalt.

These shoes are comfortable but lasted less than 1.5 years - perhaps I'm cheap and want a shoe to last longer than that?

I personally would not buy these shoes again.

I'll try to post a couple pics.
review image review image
66 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2013
Pros
I like the style of the shoes. They look good with jeans and casual wear. I really like the darker brown leather on the back. It gives a pretty cool look on that portion of the shoe.

Cons
They aren't as comfortable as I had hoped. There is virtually no arch support. The soles are pretty flat and do not provide really any sense of cushioning. If you like a feel of being in touch with the ground and not very cushy soles, you will like these. I read several reviews stating that these were the most comfortable shoes ever, etc. I certainly cannot agree with that. They can be a little difficult to get on and for me, they tend to wear (rub) on my heel. Of course I have only worn them a few times at this point, so I'm hoping that they will break in and be better. Also, I'm very glad that I read other reviews because several folks commented that the sizing runs a bit large. I agree. I normally wear 13 and I bought 12. With the size 12, I have plenty of room. This is not an issue, just something that anyone buying online needs to know.

Overall
They are just ok. I really wanted to love them, but I haven't gotten there yet. These will probably be shoes that I wear because I like the look much more than because I like the feel.
I hope this helps you in your decision to purchase.
on February 14, 2008
I recently bought these shoes and I've been very impressed. It's important to note that these shoes don't have much arch support- steer clear if you need arch support. The beeswax coated variety break in nicely and look great. I would recommend treating them with some sort of a shoe rub similar to the Dr. Marten's creme or LL BEAN duckboot cream. These shoes are my favorite pair after only a few days and will remain there for years. My roommate has had a pair of Clarks for years and has no complaints either.
on January 30, 2010
This is a great product. They look nice with all types of jeans and khakis. The sizes run a little big. I ordered a size 12 and probably would have been good in an 11 or 11 1/2.
Overall very satisfied. Will probably order another pair.
on September 8, 2013
This is my first pair of Desert Treks. I bought them because of the coziness of my gum-shoed Desert Weavers. The Weavers became my "go-to" shoe due to their comfort. The Weavers, however, apparently went out of production.

So, I had to look to other Clarks models for gum-shoes.

At first, I considered Wallabee Oxfords. Then plan Desert Boots.

I chose Desert Treks because they were oxfords and different, with a distinctive seam up the middle that makes them funky. They remind me of the Earth Shoes of the 1970's.

Now that I have them, maybe they are too funky. I can see them with jeans, but they are a bit kinky for khakis. They are not as comfortable as my prior Clark shoes, but they may simply need more time to get fully broken-in. As other reviewers have noted, they lack arch support and the laces are cheap-looking, not up to the otherwise quality of the shoe.

The crepe sole doesn't have the bounce of my Desert Weavers, so they aren't as comfortable as yet. Maybe the stiffer sole might make them better for light hiking-duty. We'll see (not so, Desert Treks are just causal shoes, not fit for treking. They may be best suited for simply a walk in the park).

One definite plus is the generous toe-room of the shoe.

A word of caution. Do not order these shoes in a size smaller. Some reviewers suggest Clarks come large and recommend going down one size. These shoes come true to size, if fact, fit snugly.
on July 20, 2015
I wear a 10.5 in sneakers , 9.5 in Desert Clarks and for this shoe, the 10 was perfect.

The shoe is just amazing in looks , compliments from strangers everyday..I especially love the contrast with the tan on the heel of the shoe. I have flat feet and these work just perfect for me just note that the shoe is probably gonna be a tad heavier than you're used to but its not bothersome.

Overall happy wid the purchase
review image review image review image
on May 18, 2015
I recently bought a pair of Clark's Bushacre Beeswax Desert Boots and a pair of Clark's Vulco Spear Moccasin Boots. After reading a lot of buyers' reviews about sizing, I bought the desert boots a half size smaller. They fit perfectly. So, when I bought the Vulco Spears, I bought a half size smaller, too. Again, a perfect fit. I've been eyeing these Desert Trek Beeswax shoes for a long time. The style has been around for a long time. I had a pair when I was in high school and loved them, and that was 47 years ago, but they were the suede ones. I couldn't go suede again because they get dirty too easily and, although I like good shoes, I don't like worrying about where I'm tromping around in them. Therefore, the beeswax finish is perfect for me. But I digress.... When I ordered my Desert Treks, I ordered a half size down because I'm thinking Desert Treks = Desert Boots, right? Well, that didn't quite work out this time. I had to send them back for a half size larger, which is actually my true shoe size (I think). Amazon was awesome regarding the return. I went online on a Thursday to set up the exchange and I got the correct size I needed the next Monday and they were almost $18 cheaper. I don't understand why that made a difference but if you've purchased shoes from Amazon you've probably already noticed that little quirk. But, again, I digress.... These Desert Treks are very comfortable, the width is great (no toe-scrunching), and the crepe soles provide a lot of cushioning, which is missing from my Bushacre Desert Boots. I have no arch problems, but note there's no internal arch support in these shoes. I've used Obenauf's Heavy Duty Leather Preservative on my Desert Boots and loved how it's taken care of them. I wear them walking my dog every day through dirt trails and among lots of sticks on the ground and the exterior of the boots is holding up very well with no scratch marks. But I'm not sure I'm going to use the leather preservative on these Desert Treks quite yet because I want to see if I'm down with the distressed look I hope they'll get. Just out of the box they're already a little lighter in color where they crease when I walk. But I think I'm going to love these shoes. They have a classic look and, since I'm old and don't have much hair anymore, I like to have my casual shoes make the "statement" that my hair used to make.
on July 19, 2014
Nice shoes, but you won't be able to add an insole in these it'll be too tight. The toe box vertical height is perfect if you're just wearing socks, but if you add an insole you're toes will rub against the top of the shoes.
on November 18, 2011
I ordered the beeswax colored shoe and the true color is more like the rear of the shoe in the online picture, the fade effect in the front isn't really there. I love the shoes and I can't stop getting compliments about them. They are very comfortable and run about a half size larger. Would definitely purchase again.
on August 24, 2015
These are my favorite shoes and I plan to order a second pair to store just in case Clarks ever decides to stop making this wonderful shoe! They take some getting used to and you have to have a break-in period but you will not be sorry if you are patient. When they first arrive, the leather is very VERY stiff and I had some trouble even getting them on. The first day, I could only wear them for a few hours, the second day a little longer and by the third day, I was wearing them through the day. Now, a week later, they are my daily shoe. I do use a heal insert to help with plantar fasciitis but even with those in, the shoe fits true to size once it is broken in. As to longevity, this is a replacement pair for me. My previous pair lasted three years then I wore through the sole, however the leather upper is in perfect shape so I may re-sole the shoe one day for a back-up pair. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!