Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Clarks Originals Men's Wallabee Boot
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 7, 2013
Great shoes. Work well in the classroom, the lab, and even the desert. Look great. They can even take an accidental spill of methylamine every now and then. I would highly recommend.
1616 comments|419 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2007
I just received these shoes today and here are my impressions.

3:30pm The shoes arrived and I eagerly opened the box and put them on. They feel quite a bit different from other shoes. The sole is VERY springy! The tongue is hurting my right foot and I'm concerned that I am going to need to return the shoes.

4:30pm I take the shoes off and it turns out that the tongue (which is connected to the sides of the top of the shoe where the laces go through)is not centered quite right so I fold it in place and put the shoes back on. I notice a difference instantly. My wife comes home from work and says "I don't like the way they look....but they are your shoes".

By 5:30 I don't care how they look because they are soooo comfortable. The soft leather uppers seems to fit the foot perfectly and the soft sole is still really springy. The combination of these two is magnificent.

By 7pm I love these shoes so much that I am sitting at the computer writing a review at amazon!

I generally wear birkenstock and Dr. Marten shoes so I have spoiled my feet. It is a fantastice surprise to get these shoes and find that they are even MORE comfortable than the Docs or the Birks.

I just ordered a pair of the Desert treks.....
88 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2005
I have worn WALLABEES for years and I have found that no other shoe keeps my feet as dry as they do. I find find them very comfortable and my wife loves them becuse they don't mark up the floor.
on October 8, 2007
I have been wearing Wallabee's for about two years now. When I was younger I always wanted a pair of brown leather Wallee's, but I couldn't afford the $120 price tag. Now that I am making my own cash, I have three pairs, and another on the way. They have to be the most comfortable footwear known to man. They are extremely durable, as I have had one pair for more than a year, and as long as I keep applying mink oil to em, the still look and feel like the day I bought em. If you are having second thoughts about buying a pair, stop thinkin and just hit that "order" button. You will not be disappointed. A little tub of mink oil is highly recommended if you are getting the leather ones, especially the beeswax, as they have a tendency to scuff quite easily. Enjoy.
on October 12, 2010
I had a pair of Wallabees around the age of four or five years old and to this day still remember how comfortable they were. I was looking for a pair of shoes recently, and for some reason I remembered the pair of Wallabees I had as a kid and ordered a pair of black suede Wallabees. Excellent shoe, and just as easy on my feet as I remembered they were. I was skeptical about ordering online due to the sizing but I took the advice of fellow reviewers and ordered a half size smaller than I usually do, and that did the trick. I was later able to confirm at a Clarks store near me that Wallabees do tend to be larger than one's normal size, and the "natural toe spread" that the shoe provides may cause your feet to slide around in the extra room unless you order a smaller size than you would usually wear. I have to say that the crepe sole is such a great concept, your feet literally spring off the ground. I liked them so much that I have since purchased an additional sand suede pair, and bought a cleaning kit from the Clarks store I went to, although they are so durable I haven't used it yet. Since then, I have also bought a pair of Wallabees for my three year old daughter, who loves them as much as I do. (Especially since we match!) As far as the look of the shoe, I have found that you either like it or you don't. My attitude is that it is a classic shoe, though some find the half moccasin/half loafer style to be ugly. To each his own! Although the Wallabee is a bit pricey, these are shoes that will last and won't fall apart like most shoes made today, and in my opinion they are worth the extra bucks. My recent interest in Wallabees has also led me to pick up a pair of the Clarks Taiga loafers, which also feature the crepe sole and are just as comfortable. Needless to say, Clarks makes a great shoe and I'm a fan.
on January 14, 2013
I wore Wallabees in the 70's and I LOVED THEM TO DEATH. Now, 40 some odd yrs. later it's time again to walk on clouds. I just got these today and they're as good today as they were way back then. Superbly constructed and Comfortable, Comfortable and more Comfortable. I got the Men's Oily Leather 'Bees. The leather is FIRST RATE..thick, stable and soft to the touch. I can't imagine there will be any break-in necessary. My two suggestions might be...Make them HERE IN the USA and Make different colored soles available. Black or dark brown would go nicely on the bottoms of these shoes. The PRICE here @ AMAZON was FAR and AWAY the BEST I FOUND ANYWHERE. I ordered them on Friday and they arrived on Monday!!!! I ask you now, can it get any better than that??? GO GET YOU A PAIR!!
on December 4, 2014
I ordered the Beeswax Leather. From the picture of the shiny leather, I thought the it would be supple. The leather is actually very dry to the point that if you lightly run your finger nail overtop it will "scratch".

However, I applied Lexol leather conditioner and Kiwi Mink Oil and the leather is supple and looking great. Just needed to be moisturized/conditioned i guess...
on July 21, 2015
Was supposed to arrive the 24-27; got them in three days in the 21. Super fast shipping; and they arrived perfect. I can't wait to wear these shoes.
review image
on April 23, 2014
I love these shoes and they look good with everything from khakis to jeans. Since they're a lighter color, I did buy some scotchguard spray to treat them and it seems to help keep the water and dirt at bay. I'm not opposed to the worn in look but if I can prolong it, so be it.

The one thing I want to mention is that these do run big, both in feel and actual fit...more on that in an minute. I'm an 8 1/2 in every type of shoe and sneaker so I ordered an eight and a half in these and had to return them for a bigger size.

With that being said, if you've never worn a boot style shoe (i hadn't either), it feels a little foreign at first and finding what you think is the right size/fit is challenging. While the sole and arch of the shoe cinch down, the top of the boot is, by design, not snug against your ankles to allow your ankle to flex without excessive rubbing. This movement, however, makes it tough to know if the whole shoe is too big or if you're just not used to having the top of your footwear feel loose. It's a little difficult to explain. Anyway, at first, I thought that the 8 1/2 (my normal size) WAS the right size and the design of the shoe was what made it FEEL big. With the free returns and prime free shipping, I just ordered the 8 and held on to the 8 1/2 to do a comparison fit. Needless to say, the 1/2 size smaller than what I usually wear was the right size. The ankle still kind of floats around, again, by design, but the sole and arch areas are a much better fit. So, go with a half size smaller.
on April 2, 2013
I recently had the displeasure of returning three separate pairs of these, due to poor craftsmanship. The first pair I received, the left boot was about 1/2" longer. The second pair had a big glob of adhesive all over the suede, which was clearly from someone doing a lazy job of adhering the sole to the upper. The third pair? Same thing, but this time, there was also a nice blob of glue up towards the top of the boot, from someone clearly having stuff on their hands/gloves. If I'm ordering new shoes, and paying close to one hundred and sixty clams for them, they should be just that: new. As usual, Amazon was first-class as far as handing the reships and returns. I used to be a huge fan of Clarks, but after this? I really can't see supporting a company that really doesn't care about the true matter at hand: quality.