Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on March 7, 2013
Great shoes. Work well in the classroom, the lab, and even the desert. Look great. They can even take an accidental spill of methylamine every now and then. I would highly recommend.
1616 comments|416 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2007
I just received these shoes today and here are my impressions.

3:30pm The shoes arrived and I eagerly opened the box and put them on. They feel quite a bit different from other shoes. The sole is VERY springy! The tongue is hurting my right foot and I'm concerned that I am going to need to return the shoes.

4:30pm I take the shoes off and it turns out that the tongue (which is connected to the sides of the top of the shoe where the laces go through)is not centered quite right so I fold it in place and put the shoes back on. I notice a difference instantly. My wife comes home from work and says "I don't like the way they look....but they are your shoes".

By 5:30 I don't care how they look because they are soooo comfortable. The soft leather uppers seems to fit the foot perfectly and the soft sole is still really springy. The combination of these two is magnificent.

By 7pm I love these shoes so much that I am sitting at the computer writing a review at amazon!

I generally wear birkenstock and Dr. Marten shoes so I have spoiled my feet. It is a fantastice surprise to get these shoes and find that they are even MORE comfortable than the Docs or the Birks.

I just ordered a pair of the Desert treks.....
88 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2007
For a couple of decades I have missed the desert boots/moccasins I used to wear in California in the 60s. There was nothing like them, but I couldn't justify spending over $100 for shoes that I could wear for casual occasions only. Finally, I broke down last month and ordered a pair of Clarks of England Original Wallabee boots. I was somewhat concerned because I could not find wide ones, but I ordered 10.5 Mediums (instead of 10 W). When they arrived they looked fine, impeccably packaged, with proper tags and a booklet. Then, much to my chagrin, I noticed that they were "Made in China." What a huge disappointment for me. After a bit of research I found out that the Ilminster plant in Somerset (England) closed its doors about 2 years ago (2005) because Clarks could not stay competitive. The bosses stated that because of the soaring cost of labor in the UK they had to source production of the shoes to the Far East. That's the bad news. The good news is that, although miffed, I must admit that the shoes are well made, light and exactly as comfortable as I remember them. They have a supple, breathable suede upper, cushioned insole, and a flexible crepe sole. They are beautifully finished and, after one month, I can say they wear well. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product. I ought to have bought them ½ size smaller, since the width seems to accommodate to one's foot as the shoes are worn. I bought the Sand Suede, but the boots come also in Beeswax, Black and Brown Oily Leather, and Black and Brown Suede. Scuffmarks and dirt clean off easily with a suede or leather brush. I wore mine in the rain and they seem none the worse, even though I have not used any water repellent on them. If you like the looks of mocs, I think you will like the "new" Clarks Original Wallabees.
on February 7, 2010
Excellent quality shoe but the size of the shoe runs at least a size larger than most other shoes you buy. I normally wear a size 13, I ordered a size 13, and now I must wear a very thick sock to make up for the extra room. I believe a size 12 would have probably fit just fine.
on February 18, 2015
I'm a grocery manager at big chain market .I walk all night This are different then the last pair I bought .The the bottom sole
Is smaller ,the boot it self is smaller.It only has half of a in sole .I wanted a nice black shoe that I could work in, but there not as controllable As I thought.I will wear them out with some jeans.
review image review image
on September 8, 2007
These shoes are stylish ugly. Stylish ugly is common to Thinkpads or early model VW cars. I love how understated they are and how they look well matched with jeans or dressier pants. Their comfort is unparalleled. They give the feeling of walking on a thick pile carpet. The leather Wallabees break in more slowly than suede models. Wear them for short periods until the leather stretches.
on November 26, 2005
I have worn WALLABEES for years and I have found that no other shoe keeps my feet as dry as they do. I find find them very comfortable and my wife loves them becuse they don't mark up the floor.
on October 8, 2007
I have been wearing Wallabee's for about two years now. When I was younger I always wanted a pair of brown leather Wallee's, but I couldn't afford the $120 price tag. Now that I am making my own cash, I have three pairs, and another on the way. They have to be the most comfortable footwear known to man. They are extremely durable, as I have had one pair for more than a year, and as long as I keep applying mink oil to em, the still look and feel like the day I bought em. If you are having second thoughts about buying a pair, stop thinkin and just hit that "order" button. You will not be disappointed. A little tub of mink oil is highly recommended if you are getting the leather ones, especially the beeswax, as they have a tendency to scuff quite easily. Enjoy.
on December 27, 2013
First off let me say I LOVE this shoe. I had a pair before that lasted me 9 years before they met their demise at the mercy of my pit-bull. The leather is superb and build quality is what you would expect from Clarks. The crepe sole is extremely comfortable and the overall fit is perfect. The reason I am giving it two stars is due to the seller. I ordered a pair for a friend of mine and when they arrived the right and left shoe were two different shades of brown, slightly different textures and the left toe was all misshapen. So I exchanged them and the pair that were reshipped were perfect. A few days later I ordered a pair for myself and when the arrived one of them had glue on the outside of the toe area completely ruining the leather and the other one had a black line down the side that almost looked like crayon but permanent. This is extremely frustrating considering the fact that each time I receive a pair of shoes not only am I let down not being able to wear them but I have to go through the whole returning process just to eventually get what I had initially expected. The seller needs to get on point and step their game up. Having to go through this aggravating process to get a unscathed product is freaking retarded and bad business.
on October 12, 2010
I had a pair of Wallabees around the age of four or five years old and to this day still remember how comfortable they were. I was looking for a pair of shoes recently, and for some reason I remembered the pair of Wallabees I had as a kid and ordered a pair of black suede Wallabees. Excellent shoe, and just as easy on my feet as I remembered they were. I was skeptical about ordering online due to the sizing but I took the advice of fellow reviewers and ordered a half size smaller than I usually do, and that did the trick. I was later able to confirm at a Clarks store near me that Wallabees do tend to be larger than one's normal size, and the "natural toe spread" that the shoe provides may cause your feet to slide around in the extra room unless you order a smaller size than you would usually wear. I have to say that the crepe sole is such a great concept, your feet literally spring off the ground. I liked them so much that I have since purchased an additional sand suede pair, and bought a cleaning kit from the Clarks store I went to, although they are so durable I haven't used it yet. Since then, I have also bought a pair of Wallabees for my three year old daughter, who loves them as much as I do. (Especially since we match!) As far as the look of the shoe, I have found that you either like it or you don't. My attitude is that it is a classic shoe, though some find the half moccasin/half loafer style to be ugly. To each his own! Although the Wallabee is a bit pricey, these are shoes that will last and won't fall apart like most shoes made today, and in my opinion they are worth the extra bucks. My recent interest in Wallabees has also led me to pick up a pair of the Clarks Taiga loafers, which also feature the crepe sole and are just as comfortable. Needless to say, Clarks makes a great shoe and I'm a fan.