5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Wallabee no matter where it's made.
Published on April 9, 2008 by Paul Arellano

2.0 out of 5 stars Inner padding problem!
Published 16 months ago by Joel I. Friedman

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Wallabee no matter where it's made., April 9, 2008
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Wallabee Oxford (Shoes)
I've been a Clarks Wallabee wearer since I was 14 years old. I'm an old fellow now but I still wear them. A lot of people, especially the younger generating, will find the Wallabees to be the ugliest shoe ever made. But to those who grew up in the 80s, and are now hitting early 40s (well now you know my age)..the Wallabees is THE coolest pair of casual shoes ever. It's comfortable. It's simple. It goes well with jeans, khakis. If you have the Tan suede, it'll look even better when it's been aged by dirt and grime, it adds that "used" effect.

If you want to go classic, buy the tan suede low tops. I never liked the tan suede high tops for some reason. Black suedes come in high tops only I think. Brown suedes in high tops only too. But I could be wrong.

Now as far as where it's made. Long time ago, the Wallabees were made in UK by Irish shoemakers. Now, all Wallabees are made in China. You won't UK made Wallabees I would think. While I was living in the UK three years ago, I bought two pairs of Wallabees in London, and guess where they were made? China! So if the Brits think Wallabees made in CHina are good enough to be sold in London, then it's good enough for me. At the end of the day, the Wallabees is UK. I've owned two UK made Wallabees and it's no different with the ones made in China now, same materials, same stitching, same everything. The only thing you need to be aware of is the sizing. I had to take a whole size lower than my usual footsize. Make sure to fit them properly before you buy them. Clarks Outlet here in VA are very accomodating with returns and exchanges.

Just buy Wallabees and enjoy them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and Authentic, October 1, 2012
These shoes are the best. They are classic Authentic Clarks and look, feel, and smell of quality. MAKE SURE YOU ORDER A SIZE SMALLER than you wear. Im a size 10... so I ordered a size 9.5 and they fit perfect. Wallabees run big.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, November 6, 2012
I really like my Wallabees. The only thing I would warn people on is that they run big, so trying a pair on in the store before you order wouldn't be a bad idea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing issue, October 20, 2011
This review is from: Clarks Originals Men's Wallabee Oxford (Shoes)
I love these shoes on my husband, but the ones he is wearing are falling apart. They are so old, I could no longer read the size (I actually couldn't find the size anywhere). He usually wears a size 9.5, so that is the size I ordered. Too big. I then ordered the 9s. Too big. I just placed an order for 8.5 and I will let you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these- comfortable with retro style, January 17, 2013
I gave these to my husband for Christmas, they bring back memories of high school when Wallabees were all the rage. He loves them... I ordered a 1/2 size down and they fit perfectly. My college son liked them so much, he ordered a pair! Timeless style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes, January 14, 2013
Donna (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
The shoes were a gift for my son...he loves them! They are very comfortable, great quality, and were a very good price compared to in-store prices. He tried them on at a mall store and selected the color he preferred, then we ordered them from Amazon and saved about $50! I was thrilled!

4.0 out of 5 stars The original cool shoe, February 6, 2014
Had a pair of these, in suede, as a teenager. They are extremely comfortable, and they wear like iron. They are casual shoes, out-of-place in formal dress situations, but are designed well enough for just about anything other use, office included.

I had forgotten they existed, until I saw the dude from "Breaking Bad" wearing them. I poked around Amazon for a few minutes and ordered mine immediately.

I have one criticism of the black leather variety: I am a clergyman, and wear black as a 'uniform.' I need my shoes to be comfortable and always presentable. The blacking of the sides of the crepe sole, put on at the factory, wears off too easily, causing the shoes to look less presentable. I'd love to see the factory do some magic to make the coloring more permanent.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inner padding problem!, June 16, 2013
The shoe itself fits okay, and looks good enough, but the inner padding is quite uncomfortable, and in fact, is a disaster! The inner padding is separately inserted into the shoe. But if you take out this inner padding, then you still have a rough factory padding remaining. It's uncomfortable, either way. So, I'm going to have to get a new inner padding, or else return the shoes. They are too uncomfortable as is, for the feet. I wonder who decided to create this inner padding insertion? That was not part of the original design of Wallabee shoes, as I remember them. This one fault alone is disqualifying, in my view. Unless I can have it fixed at my regular shoe repair shop, I'm going to have to return the shoes. It just hurts the soles of the feet too much to walk on them!

Joel I. Friedman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, April 24, 2013
These are very comfortable shoes and they fit true to size. I Highly recommend them and will be buying another pair when this pair wears out. The leather is soft and the sole provides just the right amount of support. Great shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal , Great shoe, December 30, 2012
I purchased these Clark's for my boyfriend for Christmas and he loved them. He had already had the same pair and after 10 years of wear they have been replace. He loves these shoes and their comfort and I love amazon and there wonderful prices and quick shipping :)

Clarks Originals Men's Wallabee Oxford