5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic footwear.
Great shoes. Work well in the classroom, the lab, and even the desert. Look great. They can even take an accidental spill of methylamine every now and then. I would highly recommend.
Published 21 months ago by Walter White

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes - sizes run bigger than normal shoes
Excellent quality shoe but the size of the shoe runs at least a size larger than most other shoes you buy. I normally wear a size 13, I ordered a size 13, and now I must wear a very thick sock to make up for the extra room. I believe a size 12 would have probably fit just fine.
Published on February 7, 2010 by Leonard G. Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic footwear., March 7, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable shoes I've ever worn!, February 13, 2007
I just received these shoes today and here are my impressions.

3:30pm The shoes arrived and I eagerly opened the box and put them on. They feel quite a bit different from other shoes. The sole is VERY springy! The tongue is hurting my right foot and I'm concerned that I am going to need to return the shoes.

4:30pm I take the shoes off and it turns out that the tongue (which is connected to the sides of the top of the shoe where the laces go through)is not centered quite right so I fold it in place and put the shoes back on. I notice a difference instantly. My wife comes home from work and says "I don't like the way they look....but they are your shoes".

By 5:30 I don't care how they look because they are soooo comfortable. The soft leather uppers seems to fit the foot perfectly and the soft sole is still really springy. The combination of these two is magnificent.

By 7pm I love these shoes so much that I am sitting at the computer writing a review at amazon!

I generally wear birkenstock and Dr. Marten shoes so I have spoiled my feet. It is a fantastice surprise to get these shoes and find that they are even MORE comfortable than the Docs or the Birks.

I just ordered a pair of the Desert treks.....

5.0 out of 5 stars "New" Wallabees live up to their old reputation, June 30, 2007
Andrew J. Rózsa (Indian Springs Village, AL USA) - See all my reviews
For a couple of decades I have missed the desert boots/moccasins I used to wear in California in the 60s. There was nothing like them, but I couldn't justify spending over $100 for shoes that I could wear for casual occasions only. Finally, I broke down last month and ordered a pair of Clarks of England Original Wallabee boots. I was somewhat concerned because I could not find wide ones, but I ordered 10.5 Mediums (instead of 10 W). When they arrived they looked fine, impeccably packaged, with proper tags and a booklet. Then, much to my chagrin, I noticed that they were "Made in China." What a huge disappointment for me. After a bit of research I found out that the Ilminster plant in Somerset (England) closed its doors about 2 years ago (2005) because Clarks could not stay competitive. The bosses stated that because of the soaring cost of labor in the UK they had to source production of the shoes to the Far East. That's the bad news. The good news is that, although miffed, I must admit that the shoes are well made, light and exactly as comfortable as I remember them. They have a supple, breathable suede upper, cushioned insole, and a flexible crepe sole. They are beautifully finished and, after one month, I can say they wear well. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product. I ought to have bought them ˝ size smaller, since the width seems to accommodate to one's foot as the shoes are worn. I bought the Sand Suede, but the boots come also in Beeswax, Black and Brown Oily Leather, and Black and Brown Suede. Scuffmarks and dirt clean off easily with a suede or leather brush. I wore mine in the rain and they seem none the worse, even though I have not used any water repellent on them. If you like the looks of mocs, I think you will like the "new" Clarks Original Wallabees.

5.0 out of 5 stars All day carpet walking experience, September 8, 2007
Allan (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
These shoes are stylish ugly. Stylish ugly is common to Thinkpads or early model VW cars. I love how understated they are and how they look well matched with jeans or dressier pants. Their comfort is unparalleled. They give the feeling of walking on a thick pile carpet. The leather Wallabees break in more slowly than suede models. Wear them for short periods until the leather stretches.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes - sizes run bigger than normal shoes, February 7, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST, November 26, 2005
I have worn WALLABEES for years and I have found that no other shoe keeps my feet as dry as they do. I find find them very comfortable and my wife loves them becuse they don't mark up the floor.

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless classic..., October 12, 2010
B. Bowman "Double B" (Jersey, United States) - See all my reviews
I had a pair of Wallabees around the age of four or five years old and to this day still remember how comfortable they were. I was looking for a pair of shoes recently, and for some reason I remembered the pair of Wallabees I had as a kid and ordered a pair of black suede Wallabees. Excellent shoe, and just as easy on my feet as I remembered they were. I was skeptical about ordering online due to the sizing but I took the advice of fellow reviewers and ordered a half size smaller than I usually do, and that did the trick. I was later able to confirm at a Clarks store near me that Wallabees do tend to be larger than one's normal size, and the "natural toe spread" that the shoe provides may cause your feet to slide around in the extra room unless you order a smaller size than you would usually wear. I have to say that the crepe sole is such a great concept, your feet literally spring off the ground. I liked them so much that I have since purchased an additional sand suede pair, and bought a cleaning kit from the Clarks store I went to, although they are so durable I haven't used it yet. Since then, I have also bought a pair of Wallabees for my three year old daughter, who loves them as much as I do. (Especially since we match!) As far as the look of the shoe, I have found that you either like it or you don't. My attitude is that it is a classic shoe, though some find the half moccasin/half loafer style to be ugly. To each his own! Although the Wallabee is a bit pricey, these are shoes that will last and won't fall apart like most shoes made today, and in my opinion they are worth the extra bucks. My recent interest in Wallabees has also led me to pick up a pair of the Clarks Taiga loafers, which also feature the crepe sole and are just as comfortable. Needless to say, Clarks makes a great shoe and I'm a fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars All flavor Wallee's, October 8, 2007
I have been wearing Wallabee's for about two years now. When I was younger I always wanted a pair of brown leather Wallee's, but I couldn't afford the $120 price tag. Now that I am making my own cash, I have three pairs, and another on the way. They have to be the most comfortable footwear known to man. They are extremely durable, as I have had one pair for more than a year, and as long as I keep applying mink oil to em, the still look and feel like the day I bought em. If you are having second thoughts about buying a pair, stop thinkin and just hit that "order" button. You will not be disappointed. A little tub of mink oil is highly recommended if you are getting the leather ones, especially the beeswax, as they have a tendency to scuff quite easily. Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Comfortable Boot, December 31, 2009
Golfjim175 (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
It would be hard to find a boot with more relaxed fit and comfort than the Clark Wallabee. I owned a pair of the original suede Wallabees back in the '70s, and I really liked the fit. However, I discovered that Suede probably wasn't the best choice for wear in the snow. The Beeswax version of the Wallabee that I recently purchased works better for me because I can apply waterproofer and polish to keep the leather soft and my feet dry in winter weather.
I did find, as some other reviewers have noted, that these boots seem to run a bit large, size-wise. I wear a 10.5 in a Reebok sneaker, and a 10W in a Footjoy golf shoe. I bought a size 10 in the Wallabee, and it feels a little "loose"; a 9.5 might have been a better choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Factory seconds?, February 20, 2014
Pro: Amazon prime's shipping is always on time with tracking.

Cons: The downside to this purchase is that the shoes are clearly defective. 1. The toe boxes/shoe width are completely different - the left toe box is noticeably wider than the right. 2. Additionally, the sole of the right shoe is shorter such that the leather toe box extends 1 cm further than the opposite side. Since this is my 4th pair of Clarks Wallabees, I know what the quality should be. These are clearly seconds or defective. Super disappointed with this purchase. So buyer beware. Amazon will try to make this right with an exchange. Hopefully the replacement is good, if not, shame on me for not learning my lesson and wasting time on the return/exchange process.