Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 24, 2012
1 year update:

Everything I said in my original review still holds true. There are signs of normal wear of course but the shoes feel as good as new. They have also seen a lot of rain but the waterproof finish has yet to fail. All round solid pair of shoes. I don't expect them to wear down anytime soon.

*************
Original review:

I got these shoes from a Clark's store and I've loved them ever since. You can tell right away that these shoes were made for walking. The insoles are soft yet firm and the inner lining is like that of a bed slipper. The heels have plenty of support and absorb shocks really well. The bottom of the shoes has a gentle curvature, which aides in rolling your foot forward as you transition between strides. Needless to say, these shoes are comfortable. A few minutes after I first I tried them on, I completely forgot that I was wearing them. I then proceeded to look at other shoes in the store and walked around for about 20 minutes, thinking I was in my own shoes. Fortunately, the sales clerk caught up with me and asked how the shoes felt. Otherwise, I might have had accidentally walked out the store in them.

A few more things....

I usually wear size 11, but the sales clerk convinced me to go down to size 10 1/2. The fit is snug without being too tight, which is what you want with slip-ons. The opening is flexible, so I have no trouble getting in out of the shoes even while wearing thick socks. Everyone's feet are different, so I can't recommend anything other going with the size you're used to. However, if you're in between sizes, I would say err towards to the more snug fit.

The waterproofing is also the real deal. I live in Seattle, where it rains almost every day, and I've never had a case of soggy socks. However, you should also bear in mind that the shoes don't rise above the ankle.

There is a particularly negative review on this page titled "worst product yet". If you follow the links in review, you will see a shoe that's completely different from the one being advertised. The review is about another shoe, so it doesn't belong on this page.

Time will tell how well these shoes hold up. I hope to get a solid 2 years out of them. If they fall apart before then, I will update this review.
on December 27, 2015
Most comfortable shoes EVER

Bought these shoes as commuter shoes where I would change when I arrived in the office. Being lazy and cant be bothered to keep a pair of shoes under my desk and kicking them around I wound up wearing them for the entire day. They are the most comfy shoes I have ever owned. More comfortable than my sneakers. Wound up abandoning all my other shoes and wearing these 5 days a week to work. Work around 2 miles a day in my commute and then spend most of the day up and about in office. After 16 months the uppers so no change in appearance but I have finally worn out the soles. Work out the tread to the cushy inner layer and I am still wearing them. Waiting for them to rip apart in my daily activities but no issues. Wear them through the NYC summers which can get very hot and never felt they overheated my feet. I have since bought similar pairs of clarks as eventually replacments but I refuse to retire these puppies since they have more miles to go. Would buy more of this model but unfortunately they never seem to have my clown size in inventory;) Recommend these to who ever asks. Buy them.....
on May 16, 2013
I went to my local Clarks store to try on several of their models, and settled on this one. I already own a pair of Clarks un.structured dress shoes, and am very impressed with their quality and comfort. For an every day shoe, I actually found these Wave-style shoes to be a bit more comfortable, as they're lighter and have a specially-formed sole. However, these particular shoes are waterproof, which is nice; but along with that, they do run a bit hot, even in spring. Haven't worn them in summer yet, but I'm sure that will be a downside. All in all, satisfied with my purchase.
on October 5, 2013
My father has a narrow foot and usually has problems finding a men's size to fit correctly. However, he said this is the first slip-on he has ever owned that fit his foot snug all over...even on the top! He is very pleased with this shoe.
on November 27, 2013
Thet arrived on the morning of our first good rain of the year.Perfect timing for a perfect fitting outdoor/rain shoe.Clark's "Wave" design makes these one of the most comfy walking shoes out there!!
I'm on my feet ALL DAY!!
I highly recommend these shoes!!
on January 7, 2016
These shoes turned me into a slip-on shoe guy! I love these shoes so much that after owning the black pair for a year, I searched the internet until I found the same exact pair in brown! I use sof-sole shoe leather lube on them and it makes them look new again (http://amzn.com/B0030BLCKI ) I am taking time that I don't have to write this review because I have used reviews so often before purchases and I want everyone to know that this is a 'safe buy' in the shoe world. In my opinion, they are better than Merrell's and I have both if that helps anyone. They most definitely look better in the office than Merrell's do. Happy purchasing!!
on January 24, 2014
I almost always wear a 10.5 shoe, but this 10.5 is too big for me. I don't mind the ample toe room, but there's quite a bit of heel slippage. I put heel inserts in the back of the shoe, which help a little, but I realize after wearing them a few times that I should have ordered a 10. I'll be selling these.

Nice shoes, though.
on January 24, 2014
Bought these for my husband when I bought the Privo Café Latte for myself. He likes them very much, they fit well, look nice with khakis/docker time pants as well as jeans and says they are VERY comfortable. The description says they are water proof so I did not spray these....we'll see.
on February 5, 2014
Fit seems a bit large, but it's actually hard to say for sure because the seller sent me two left shoes (one marked a 9M the other a 9W).
I'll re-rate after they send a replacement. I will avoid this seller form now on...
on May 4, 2014
I truly do.
This is my second pair of Clarks slip on's (I wore my first pair out because I loved them so much I almost never wore anything else) so I new I was getting something good.
These shoes are comfortable, light, water resistant (very important here in the North West) and if the build quality is anything like my previous experience with Clarks then I'm sure they'll keep me happy for a good long time.